Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       05-05-2016, 1:23 PM Reply   
Has anyone used Krypts cargo bimini, or folding bimin's with cargo rack addtion as seen on their site? I've read the thread bashing their customer service, I don't think I'm worried about that. I'd just like to hear of anyone's lived experience with either of these setups. I've looked at the monster bimini and the z5 is ludicrous unless it's already on your boat so don't mention it please.

Gracias.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-06-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
I have the monster and it's been great. I added a set of bungees on the padded crossbars so that I can have boards on without having to have the shade of the sover (we like sunshine). I also cut the cord that secures the bimini on the frame on the left and right, between the crossbars. that makes it so I don't have to unstring it completely to remove or install the cover. makes it a LOT easier to go on/off. I just put a loop on one side of the rope and a knot on the other. when tension is on it, it's just as tight as an uncut rope. It's also great to have the easier off/on of the top because I have zero reservations about towing with the cover off. With the cover on, it's worked for short jaunts, but I get nervous going over 55 or 60.

The krypt looks like it's very similar in design to the monster. I would still get the monster because the center of the bimini on the monster is higher (arched) and not completely flat like the krypt. that few inches of extra headroom is really great.

Last edited by trayson; 05-06-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old     (chopper515)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2016, 5:54 PM Reply   
I just ordered the Krypt Cargo Bimini for my 01 Tige 21V. It comes tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       05-19-2016, 3:22 PM Reply   
Any word Matt?
Old     (chopper515)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-05-2016, 5:25 PM Reply   
Lemonade, Sorry for the delay, I don't get on this forum much. I installed it a couple weeks ago and it I love it. Quality hardware and fabric. Zips and velcros on tight and it's pretty easy to install and remove the fabric. The frame will stay on all the time and I pull the fabric while towing. I'm 6' and I can easily walk under it without ducking. At first they sent me the wrong rubber inserts, but Ken sent the correct ones right away. Here are some pics:
Attached Images