Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-06-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
So near the end of last season we had some issues with our Axis. Enough that the dealership made my bro an offer he couldn't refuse on trading it in. This whole process started at the beginning of September it wasn't until December that he settled on ordering an MB. We did a lake test of the F21 and the 23 TWB. We take out big crews frequently so the 23 TWB was the winner hands down for all the space it has. Well MB just posted the first pictures of the new boat on FB. Our dealer said it might arrive as early as Thursday!!!! We can't wait to check this thing out in person. Worst part is our lake doesn't open until May 1st.

Mike Brendel was at our local boat show. We got the chance to meet him and discuss things for about an hour. He is an awesome guy and really took care of us. Also Tommy and Brian Roth from Get Tommy's were incredibly helpful throughout the entire process! I can't say enough about how well those guys handled everything!

Options
ZR 409
Heated Seat
Heater
Metallic Gel Coat
Logo Carpet
Powder Coated Black Tower
2nd set of board racks
Floor LEDs
He also did some photo shopping to the options on the MB build page and changed the gel coat up some.

Here are some pictures.

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-06-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
A few more pictures.

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-06-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Ha I was just talking to my buddie about that black coated tower and how good it looked. I myself would look into doing to stuff they didn't powder coat in another color. OIB did theirs with the blue sides and it was sick!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-06-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
We also got the cavitation plate and the surf lights.

The powder coated tower was a must have DFTR!
Old     (Guitarcrazy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-06-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Sweet boat! I am a little biased though as I just brought home my new B-52 23 last week. I can't wait to get out on the water, although in Montana it will be a while before that happens. Love your color scheme, that is a nice looking boat!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-06-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Nice looking MB, just curious, if you dont mind saying - what was going on with your AXIS to want to get rid of it? I heard those are pretty solid boats.... and people rave about the wake.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-06-2012, 6:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Guitar Crazy! We are in Denver so our season isn't a heck of a lot longer than yours up in Montana. What part on Montana? My fiancé is from Troy.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-06-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
I'm also interested to hear what some of the Axis issues were? I have 315 hours on mine in two years and had one issue of a double stitch on the stadium seating, but they took care of that and sent a new skin. Mine has been quite solid. What was going on? I saw the post and was like noo, he didnt switch did he. Congrats on the new boat.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-06-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Congrats on your new boat.It looks sharp!I hope you enjoy it.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-06-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat, Bruizza. Reminds me a lot of my buddies 23 TWB. Same color X just reversed black and white (pic below0.

Nice list of options... sounds like you got every possible option, minus the WS tower package, and 18" wheels. What are your tower speaker plans??

I love the black tower. But I disagree with DFTR... I'd leave the accents with the billet alluminum look. It's a clean contrast and it ties in the windshield frame and board racks.

Say... why only one hot tube in the cockpit? Where are your other heater outlets?

Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
Sharp looking boat. Summer can't get here fast enough!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-07-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
I saw that boat on their facebook page too...looks great!

Congrats!

Last edited by ripr; 03-07-2012 at 8:16 AM. Reason: word
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-07-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Nice trade up you made! Boat looks sic! Congrats! The wake is montrous stock, it will be nice to see once you dial it in. Very nice looking boat!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-07-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Looks great. What lake is it going to be on?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-07-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
I don't really want to get into what happened with the Axis. I will say that Matt Bishop went out of his way to make things right. Along with Tommy and Brian Roth from Tommy's our local dealership. I will say once we trade it init sold I one day so in the end everything was fine.

IXFE the towerisgetting a pro 485 (eventually swapped to a rev 410) a pair of Rev 8s and a pair of Rev 10s. The in boats will be XS 650s and it is getting 2 of the Wet Sounds 10s (adding one more to the stock one) and a pair of XS 12s. All powered by 2 syn 4s 2 syn 2s and a Syn 6. As for the heater we were wondering the exact same thing.

Alan we are going to be on Standley Lake.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Sweet boat! Be sure to post some pics of it on the water!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-07-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Now you will have the best wakeboarding wake on the market! Congrats!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-07-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
congrats you will love it. when you get board at standley bring it up to horsetooth and party with us.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-07-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Jarod we will be at Horsetooth for the MHMG the first weekend of June. I'm sure we will do a couple other trips up there as well.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-07-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
As for the heater we were wondering the exact same thing.
I'm assuming you ordered a 3 vent heater (as opposed to 2 vents). If that's the case, they probably installed it like this:
  • 1 vent under the helm
  • 1 hot tube in the cockpit near the floor (the one pictured above)
  • 1 hot tube coming upwards out of the dash (near the glove box)

This is how my first MB came from the factory. I didn't like it because the hot tube coming ouf of the dask takes away one of your cup holders leaving only one remaining up there. Also, that hot tube is awkward to use because you have to drape it over your shouder to use it. Also, the tube itself gets in the way under the observers seat.

So, on my last MB I specifically asked them to leave both cupholders near the glove box alone. Instead I wanted two hot tubes installed near the floor. MB went the extra mile and did a VERY CLEAN install with each hot tube directly under one of the bulk heads (see how they are aligned with the seat cushion gaps). When you lift up the seat cushion, you can barely see the hot tubes because they are directly under the fiberglass connector, so they are not in the way!

Just call MB and tell them you want both your cockpit tubes mounted this way (see my pic for reference).

Old     (Guitarcrazy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-07-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Bruizza, we are in Great Falls, and are lucky enough to have inheirited a lakehouse on Holter Lake. We spend almost every weekend there in the summer. I also have the 3 port heater, but only two hot tubes installed. I didn't custom order mine so I can't complain about how it is setup. The interesting thing is they took two of the ports and made a Y so that it went from 3 to 2. I am going to add another hot tube, taking out the Y, in order to get back to 3 heater vents. I have the factory WS setup, 2 Pro 60s, 2 MB-8s, 6 650s in the boat and the 10" sub. I just ordered a JL XD-700/5, and I am going to rewire the inboats and the sub to the JL amp, and then bridge the two Syn 4s in order to get more power to the tower. I am also ordering the WS420 because zone control is a must, and while it is cheesy, I do use the microphone when teaching people to surf and board. I am thinking of taking out the Clarion head unit and switching to the Alpine IDA X-100M, or possibly this new Sony unit I found today (Sony DSX-MS60). Not much info on the Sony yet, so I don't know how good it is. In my Centurion I ran the Kenwook KMR-700U and I liked being able to put the phone and IPod inside the stereo and out of the elements. I can't put that in the MB though because of the Ballast switch placement. Overall I am very happy with the MB. Billet aluminum everywhere, tons of room, and superb upholstery. I can't wait to see how she does on the water. Have you figured out the ballast switches yet? I can't wait to try to teach my wife how to work them!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-07-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Dang IXFE I wish I had asked about the heater stuff earlier. Unfortunately the boat is already on a truck headed this way and should arrive tomorrow or Friday. So it is too late to get them to change up however they did it. Our dealer didn't ask if we wanted a 2 or 3 outlet heater. They just picked up MB so maybe he didn't know there was an option of 2 or 3.

Guitar it sounds like you have a pretty good set up. We took quite a bit of the wet sounds we are putting in the MB out of the Axis. My brother has talked about swapping out the HU. I rode behind the boat while he played with the stereo lol. He is the stereo guru in the family. We have the 420 as well and it might be my favorite thing we have ever added to a boat! As for the ballast switches I don't understand why they don't switch the labels from Fill/Empty to Open/Closed. It would make so much more sense IMO.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-07-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Don't sweat the heater. You can easily add that second hot tube to the floor as a DIY. I think the tubes cost $50 on the Heater Craft web site.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
LOL @ makin a point to tell everyone that you had all kinds of problems with the Axis and then taking the high road later and saying "but I don't really wnat to talk about it".. My 16 year old niece does that.. "I know a secret - but I can't tell you".. Would have been just as easy to say "traded in my Axis for an MB - the guys at Tommys took care of me"..

Great looking boat.

That stereo is going to be the ****ing business. Dang. Congrats man
Old     (Guitarcrazy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-07-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
I agree on the switchology. The manual even says open/closed, so I don't know why they switched it. Also, I wish the switches were on the right switch panel, or on the side wall under the throttle. The KMR-700 was a nice double-din size unit with only a single din hole required, but it would sit over the ballast switches as they are now. I'd move them, but then you have holes in that nice billet aluminum plate, so it will have to stay single din. Mine is red and black, I'll have to post some pics up one of these days. J
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-07-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
LOL @ makin a point to tell everyone that you had all kinds of problems with the Axis and then taking the high road later and saying "but I don't really wnat to talk about it".. My 16 year old niece does that.. "I know a secret - but I can't tell you".. Would have been just as easy to say "traded in my Axis for an MB - the guys at Tommys took care of me"..

Great looking boat.

I actually tried to edit it out once I got home but I didn't realize there was a 10 minute window to do edits. It's aid I'd have to contact an admin to edit the post. I agree it wasn't a good way to handle it. I guess my main point is I have nothing bad to say about Axis or our local dealership.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post

Great looking boat.

Not sure it matters what issues he had with the axis, he obviously had enough issues that the dealer bought it back and helped him out getting a new boat. Axis makes great boats, they just had an issue wiht this one. Maybe he shouldn't have brought it up, no harm done since he wasn't bashing and both axis and his dealer did everything they could to help him out.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2012, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Not sure it matters what issues he had with the axis, he obviously had enough issues that the dealer bought it back and helped him out getting a new boat. Axis makes great boats, they just had an issue wiht this one. Maybe he shouldn't have brought it up, no harm done since he wasn't bashing and both axis and his dealer did everything they could to help him out.
Agree entirely. I dont care personally. I've got no horse in the race. Just thought it was funny more than anything. Better off not saying anything at all - but certainly took the high road.

What's done is done. The MB is fire and that stereo is going to be ridiculous.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-07-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
I know where your coming from on posting......reflecting for a few minutes,then trying to edit it.Don't sweat it .No one got run over by the bus.No harm,no foul.We know you can't make all the members happy.As long as your happy that's all that really counts.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-07-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
The 10 minute rule is lame. Can we change that??
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
Damn... pictures won't show up on my computer. Hope to see them when I get home. Congrats!!!
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-08-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
Is this a partnership boat? U keep using the words "our", "we" and "my bro". I always wondered how that worked.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-08-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjole View Post
Is this a partnership boat? U keep using the words "our", "we" and "my bro". I always wondered how that worked.
Pretty much. I own the house he owns the boat. We live together. We split the costs of upgrades maintenance, lake pass etc. I tend to use the boat WAY more than he does. Boating is my passion, it is just a hobby for him. I'm lucky enough to have a brother that is 100% cool with me taking the boat out anytime I want. Mignt be because I was the one that got him into boating.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-08-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
Jarod we will be at Horsetooth for the MHMG the first weekend of June. I'm sure we will do a couple other trips up there as well.
How are you getting around the Standley quarantine?
Quote:
What are the quarantine periods for the 2012 season?
The quarantine periods are as follows:
May 1-May 21 = 15 days
May 22-August 18 = 11 days
August 19-September 15 = 15 days
There are no powerboat sprays after September 15
These periods of “drying time” are the same as they were in 2011. These periods are based on
data that has been received that shows average daily minimum temperatures for the
Denver/Westminster area. Colder average temperatures results in longer periods of time needed
to “dry or kill” any Zebra or Quagga mussels that may remain on or in boats/trailers after the
spray washing