Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
There is a wakeboard club starting in Alexandria, Minnesota. A great chance to meet new riders and get involved in the local wakeboard scene. They will be doing weekly riding, and be putting on some events. More info at www.minnesotawakeboarder.com
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-21-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sick, Sounds like a great start.
I am close to ya. I am at Saint John's U. We brought up my boat last year and rode pretty late in the season up here. And if the weather keeps this trend up we could have an early spring...

One can only hope and pray right?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-21-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
agreed, i would like to be part of it as much as i can, ill check it out
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Yeah, definitely looking forward to an early spring....

I actually don't live in Alexandria, (I am in the Saint Paul area) but a few of the www.minnesotawakeboarder.com members do, so they are putting together a club. Should be awesome. Just trying to spread the word.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-21-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Anyone in the MSP area. I work in golden valley and ride a lot on the west side of town. Just sold the boat, but can always throw down gas money and a good time. Only two more months!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-21-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Ryan rips too, how ya been buddy?

Nicolet, drop me a line....havent been able to log in for a long time now, not sure why. I would like to read up some more on this club, I think clubs are the best thing that can ever happen to the scene and hopefully we see a lot more of them.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-21-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
I do, I do I do.

Rayn you can come shred with us when ever we ride everyday!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
Andy, shoot me a PM I want to talk to you about Kyle Chattin film project.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Mike- I'll drop you a line...you guys still need to add a link to our site. We have one to yours.

Andy- I gotta' come ride with you guys this summer!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-21-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
Nicolet- submit it! Its easy to do, I submitted mine to yours :-)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-21-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
Nicolet- submit it! Its easy to do, I submitted mine to yours :-)
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-22-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Mike: Hey man, it has been forever. Not a whole lot here, just snowboarding till it's warm. Living the dream in corporate america and wearing boardshorts under dresspants in the summer. Other than that just partying and livin. Where do you live at? We always seem to randomly run into eachother. Wakefest in IL, to Madison. Props to you and Nicolet on the sites. Anything to get boarders together.

Andy: Don't be surprised if I take you up on that offer. It's cool though I have been die hard obrien since the double ender and evil twin. I couldn't agree more about the Natural it rocks. If you have the 144 I would love to try it, I am one the 139. I will look you up in the summer if that's cool.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-22-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Ryan, I do have a 144 you could shred on. Right now I am riding the a 141 Cartel. It is sick!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-23-2007, 2:08 AM Reply   
Hey guys- I second the comment on Ryan- He and I were out a lot last year and he showed me a thing or two or three... You're all welcome to ride with me anytime I can get the boat in the water. We've been riding mostly on Riley in Eden Prairie- it's a nice little lake with very little pressure during the week. I'll have the boat in the water as soon as the ice is gone.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Mike- I submitted it, but I still don't see it??

Will- I'd like to get some riding done over there, I have mostly been riding on the East side of the Metro area.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-23-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Nicolet- shoot me an e-mail with your contact info and I'll put you in the list to call!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-23-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey man, I would love to try again as well. This time I won't blow a tire. I swear!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-23-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Nicolet, I have been on the mountain since Tahoe got a couple feet of pow yesterday. I will approve the link right now.

I still cant log in to your site as user name midwestwakeboarder.
Old     (wakeboarder843)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-23-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
anyone ride in the southern suburbs? im in lakeville
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-23-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Nicolet: Another administrator already got to it, you are up and running.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-23-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Ryan Tayor- I LOST your number last year- it was in my Cell phone that is now in a ditch somewhere in northern minnesota- woops! E-mail me with you info again and you're back on the list! sorry man... we had a good summer of riding! Andy- another guy I ride with also lives in Lakeville- (Seth) he comes up about once a week to ride on Riley with us and it's about a 20 minute drive- if you got a boat- I and Seth will come your way as well!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-23-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Andy when in town i ride mostly @ Lake Elmo in Woodbury and a ton down in the St. Croix
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
Will- Thanks for the offer, I sent you my contact info.

Mike- Thanks!

Eder- we on the St. Croix sometime also.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hey guys, i just moved up here this summer...more importantly, just bought a 2000 X-Star last week. I live in south minneapolis if anyone is interested in boarding a couple nights a week...i usually get off work at about 330 and will probably be going in the south/southwest metro.
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-26-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
Mankato here!! I'm up for weeknights and EARLY Sat/Sun. My boat or yours...
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-26-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
Jay - where do you live? I am in Eden Prairie across from Riley Lake. I'm up for afternoons during the week when I'm in town. I have a Tige 21V as well.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Right now i live in SW Mpls...around 60th and penn. But i think i'm going to try and find a new place...probably in richfield, edina, or st. louis park. I want to find a place with a garage. Anyone out there have a room available as well as an open garage space for a 2000 X-Star?
Old     (soccerfreak785)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-26-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Im in Apple Valley during the summer, don't own a boat but would love to go riding (even though Im a newb) Where do you guys go for lakes?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
will5150....how's the neighborhood down there? i'm thinking about renting a townhouse down in that area. how's the drive to downtown mpls from there? i work on lake street near hwy 55.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
I ride all over the MPLS area and Minnetonka during the week (sometime saturday's). But we have a few spots around St. Paul that are never busy during the week. Usually the Nautique is with me.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-02-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Jay- the drive isn't too bad. At rush hour it takes about 30 minutes into downtown. there's multiple ways to get there so that helps if traffic is really screwed up. We like Eden Prairie- lot's to do and pretty close to most everything.
Old    whirlymann            03-02-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just spent the last half hour reading that boyd thread, figured it'd be a good community to get in to. I just moved up to Brainerd from MSP, thought I'd see if there are any WWers in the lakes area. I spend at least every other weekend in the cities though. I currently have an older prostar with a tower and sacks, but will most likely be selling that in the spring. I ride with a couple guys down by Albert Lea every now and then, but I'd love to find some other boarders in MSP and Brainerd.

PS- I like JB's post on Feb. 21st about an early spring...
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
will - looks like i'll be staying at my current place in SW Minneapolis. my roommate said she'd build a bigger garage if we can't get it to fit in the current one. what time you going to be done working during the weekdays?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-06-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
Jay- I sent you an e-mail with contact info, etc. Nicolet- I never got your e-mail. Shoot it to me again.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
Jay - sounds like your roomate came up with a great compromise. Where in SW MSP do you live? I am downtown in Laurel Village (By the Basillica) and work in Golden Valley. If you ever need a third I have gas money, and Corona with me everyday at 4:30pm. Also, we have a fun group between Will, Seth and my buddy who just moved onto Medicine Lake. The ice can't melt fast enough.

Will - Haven't seen you since the boat show. I hope all is well. Let me know if you want to get together for a beer sometime after work.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-06-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Ryan- I have been SOOO busy since the end of January and it's not getting better until the end of March- but I'll try to work in a beer one of these weekends- Hope all's well!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
Ryan - Is your buddy Zac? I just went up there yesterday and met him and checked out the place...he has an awesome setup! I work on Lake Street, just east of Hwy 55 about 3 blocks. I can make it there in about 15 minutes. Do we really really need to let ALL the ice melt...maybe just get the middle of the lake open??? lol.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-06-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
We are in the process of setting up a seceret jib spot and privately owned lake/pond big enought to run a Jet ski on. I will keep you guys informed on whats up! Basically 8 rails and a kicker should be epic! Its on the north side on St. Paul. If we can get separate insurance will are going to try and get a Jib Contest set-up for July.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-06-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
Andy, That would be sick to get on. The last couple of years we have been bringing out rails to the St. Croix river and keep getting kicked out for the day. If there was a place that we could keep stuff setup that would be sick! I know a couple of guys that would be able to help build and setup some sliders... Just let me know when the ice is off your cecret spot...
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-06-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Andy let me know and my crew and i will LOVE to help set up also! email is in my profile!
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Jay - Yeah, I was talking about Zac how do you know him? His place is pretty dope. Sounds like the trip to his place this summer will be pretty easy for both of us. Trust me, if the lake could stay half ice and be 75 in the middle I wouldn't mind.

Andy - Sounds like a great idea man. Haven't been on a rail in a couple years. It would be great to have access to something like that again.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Will- I sent you my contact info again (to the email address in your profile)...let me know if you don't get it.

Andy- the slider contest sounds pretty sweet..Minnesota's version of the carnival...
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Ryan - Didn't know him till yesterday. He said he a room available on MinnesotaWakeboarder.com. So went up and checked it out yesterday.