Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-12-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Can anyone with a 2013 or 2014 Sanger V215 snap a picture of the Jabsco ballast pump locations for the rear bags and post a pic? Trying to retrofit a 2006 and want to duplicate the factory layout. Thanks in advance.
Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-25-2014, 1:18 PM Reply   
a couple here from my 2013 v215

Name:  pump1.jpg
Views: 2239
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  pump2.jpg
Views: 1689
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  intake.jpg
Views: 1500
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  3832834_orig.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  64.9 KB
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-25-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
Awesome! Thanks for the help. Interesting to learn that they are adding bags under the floor for more weight as well and running a diverter off of the mainline. I plan on adding a sac on my spotter side and ordered a Bosworth Sea Lect to switch bags. Kind of what they did, but put it under the floor as opposed to on the seat.
Old     (jasonwm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-27-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
It's fine to borrow some of the layout of the factory system, but please don't outright copy it. The location of the thru-hulls is terrible, and completely compromises the convenience of an automated ballast system.

Use a proper thru-hull in the bilge compartment to feed the system so you can fill at speed.

Also curious to hear how you're planning on filling a bag under the floor. Unless you're rebuilding the interior of the boat and want a HUGE project, that's going to be very difficult.
Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-27-2014, 11:58 AM Reply   
I did the underfloor ballast myself, Sanger does not use/install this.
I did this system in my previous v210 under the floor and it worked awesome.
Gravity fills the under floor sacs , then fills the compartment sacs..
It is lots of work feeding the sacs under the floor but no removing the floor required. ..
The factory intake could def be in a better spot but it works fine as long as you are just idling around obviously..
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-27-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zammer View Post
I did the underfloor ballast myself, Sanger does not use/install this.
I did this system in my previous v210 under the floor and it worked awesome.
Gravity fills the under floor sacs , then fills the compartment sacs..
It is lots of work feeding the sacs under the floor but no removing the floor required. ..
The factory intake could def be in a better spot but it works fine as long as you are just idling around obviously..
Pics or it didn't happen
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-28-2014, 10:42 PM Reply   
Finally getting some of the rear ballast system done. There isn't wood built into the shelf of the 2006s so I had to have brackets made out of 3/16 Aluminum Sheet. All 1" hose lines have cut and installed with the exception of a short run for the new Sealect valve that allows me to switch between a seat bag and the rear 400lb bag. Cut all the holes for the inlets/outlets and installed the hardware. Just have to install the switches after I get the custom switch plate back from the cnc machine. All in all a very easy project.
Attached Images

Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-31-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Kris, Which bag did you use (tube sac?) and where did you access the compartment to feed the bag...Vdrive access?
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-31-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
Ballast Mount
Attached Images

Old     (zammer)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-02-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
Looks good, nice work with aluminium plate... Very clean
Pmd details on sac
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-05-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
Is that thru hull fitting on the transom factory from Sanger?
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-07-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
nope factory thru hulls are underneath
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-07-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
Not to hijack this thread but,

I am trying to sell all the fittings, pumps, and a manifold for a DIY kit on my sanger that I decided not to do out of pure laziness and lack of motivation. Everything is brand new. I also have 6 jabsco pumps that I need to sell.

Wakemakers was a huge help too in putting this together, highly recommended shop for this type of stuff

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/4411616106.html
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-07-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
nope factory thru hulls are underneath
This isn't completely accurate. Front ballast thru hull is up underneath the hull, rear ballast has always been inside the muffler ports on the rear or now close to the transom tie down hooks. The white one shown above is from the factory.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-08-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautibouys View Post
This isn't completely accurate. Front ballast thru hull is up underneath the hull, rear ballast has always been inside the muffler ports on the rear or now close to the transom tie down hooks. The white one shown above is from the factory.
That seems like a very inefficient place on the transom