Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-31-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
I asked this yesterday on the Tige Forum but I am going to ask over here to get some more opinions.

So this past weekend was the annual WWS Tige reunion. My wife and I were lucky enough to win the grand prize which is a $2500 Pimp My Tige store credit. Since we custom ordered our Tige last year it has pretty much everything we ever wanted. We have the clamping board racks, the poseidon mat, heater etc.... So I am thinking maybe we upgrade our amps to the Sinister series amps from WS.

Current system consists of

4 Rev 10s each pair on a syn 4.
8 XS 650s on a syn 4
XS 12 on a syn 2
RE Audio MX 12 on a PPI Sa 2000.1
I also have 2 huge stereo batteries that are brand new for this season.

So I am contemplating going to a SD 2 to run my towers and then I guess and SD4 for the interiors? Houston was it you that did 2 SD6s and have one running each side of your boat? I guess I just want to get the best sounding set up possible. What I have now sound freaking incredible. I know I will gain some efficiency and my batteries should last longer by upgrading to the SD series. Also going from 5 amps to 4 amps should help. I am also contemplating getting an SD2 for the MX12 but I am not sure if the wife will divorce me if I tell her we are going to have to come out of pocket some for the 3 SD series amps. So any help would be appreciated.

Also after reading some responses over there 2 SD6s sounds like a good option. One running the right side of the boat and one running the left side of the boat. I am also thinking of maybe swapping out 1-2 pairs of XS 650s for the 808s.
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-31-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
Sounds like you have it powered awesome. You may gain a little extra play time on your batteries, but is it worth it? You can add another battery alot cheaper. To me the biggest advantage is having matching amps. I think there is very little to gain other than the cool factor, and we all love the cool factor!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-31-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
It is definitely powered awesome right now. I just don't know what else to use the money on. Figure if I upgrade to Sinister series amps I can sell the syn series amps and pocket the cash.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
It's freakin loud in person! I'm not sure you would notice a volume difference with the bigger amps! I think the 808's would help fill in some mid that 6.5"s lack.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
Hey Bruizza,
What about upgrading your Sub amp to an SD2? Are those PPI amps really putting out the claimed power? That RE MX looks like a serious sub but I don't know much about the new PPI amps, 20 years ago they were pretty sweet but no clue about them today. Do they really make 2,000 watts rms?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-06-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
The 2 main reasons I went with the ppi were the cost and the fact they they have been getting a ton of good press here on wakeworld. With upgrading to 2 SD6s to run the interior and tower there isn't much left. So I am going to hold out on the SD2 until maybe the offseason. I would like to eventually upgrade to one for the sub. I figure 1250 watts from an SD2 is going to be comparable if not way freaking better than 2000 watts from that ppi amp.