Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-02-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
I have read a lot on this forum about Perferct Pass and learned a ton, but want to make sure I am on the right track. Last weekend while boating, my Perfect Pass was reading way high, while the spedometer read 0mph. After a few minutes, both showed 0mph. Throughout the rest of the day both spedometer and PP read 0 mph, except for short moments when both worked fine. I have checked the paddle wheel and all looks and feels great. I sprayed with WD40 to make sure. I also checked the connections in the back and see nothing suspicious. I was going to check the wiring to the paddle wheel next. Anyone else had this issues?
Thanks in advance.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
Have you called PP? That would be the first thing I would do. Very helpfull folks.
Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-02-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Yes. They said call my dealer because it probably has to do with paddle wheel or wiring. I am hoping someone else has had this issue.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
Same thing happened to me. I took it into my dealer, and they said it was the paddle wheel. Got it home and....... it didn't work after they said they had replaced the paddle wheel. Im pretty sure its my connection, but don't have the time to take my dash apart to get to the pp. My pp works on rpms though. let me know how this works out for you please.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-02-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
If it is the paddlewheel, if it is not covered by warranty, and if you don't ride on fast moving rivers, do youself a favor and get the Nauticlaugic GPS replacement for the paddlewheel. It will cost more... but it will be worth it.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-02-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
^^X2... do a search on here for Nautic Laugic. Same thing happened to me and the GPS saved the day. I think it may even work better than a paddlewheel.
Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-07-2011, 5:52 AM Reply   
I am looking into Nautic Laugic, but would really like to get mine working. Checked the paddle wheel, again, and moves very easily. I also tested the servo, unplugged and cleaned all wires with perfect pass and just can not find the problem. When I get back out on the boat, I will follow the paddle wheel wiring all the way and make sure there are no kinks. This is baffling me, but I am about to throw in the towel.