Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BlondeDragon)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-27-2014, 2:23 PM Reply   
Name:  Pics before 4th of July 048.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  60.4 KB

Hopefully the attachment worked...I was wondering if someone could tell me if I am standing/positioned the correct way? (I usually have both hands on the handle, so I stand the same way and just bring that back arm across my body) But since I'm self taught and still fairly new to wakeboarding (I've gone no more than 5 times) I was wondering if I am doing things correctly. There are quite a few times where the ankle on my front foot ends up hurting and I was wondering if that was due to something I am doing wrong. Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-27-2014, 2:34 PM Reply   
Looks good from what I can see. With both hands on the handle you should be keeping it a bit lower, waste high. If your ankle or knees are starting to feel fatigued or hurt when you are done with your run, chances are good your bindings are not adjusted for your natural stance. By this I mean the angle of the stance is incorrect for your body, I would say you most likely need to widen your stance slightly and increase the angle of your bindings so that your feet are more duck footed.

hope this helps

Have fun.
Old     (BlondeDragon)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-27-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
That is really helpful! Thank you so much!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-28-2014, 11:42 AM Reply   
A good way to get your bindings in a good position is to put your board out in front of you and jump up in the air behind so it is in front of you. When you land, note what angle your feet are at and how far apart they are. This is normally slightly toed out and maybe slightly shoulder width apart. Adjust your bindings to this stance. Your landing position is your body's natural position to absorb shock and will be the most comfortable to ride with and definitely the most comfortable to land with when you start jumping wake to wake.

Another thing about your ankle, are your bindings the right size? Do they feel too tight or are they loose? Your feet should not be pinched by the bindings and should not slide around in them either. They should be snug, but not too tight. If any of these apply, either adjust them if they are able to be, or possibly look into getting some new bindings that are the right size. If they are new bindings, you can help break in is to take the bindings off the board and wear them in the pool or the bath tub.