Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-28-2018, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So do you disagree with the claim that not allowing alcohol being sold at establishments with parking would lower drunk driving incidents? I'm asking because you didn't directly address my claim. Instead you act like you are refuting it by presenting strawman arguments. I didn't say that there would be no drunk driving. It's a strawman argument to pretend like I did when I know that the one point I made would not completely eliminate drunk driving. And I never suggested it would.

"There would still be drunk drivers because people that don't obey the laws won't start obeying them if you make another one. "

So are you claiming that people who drive drunk want to break the law so bad that they will open their own establishments with parking lots and serve alcohol if it were illegal? I'm pretty sure most people don't drive drunk because they want to break the law as you suggested. I believe they drive drunk because they enjoy partying at bars and still have to get home.
I think they drive drunk because they like to socialize with friends or like minded people. Whether it be tailgating at a sporting event,going out boating with friends,going over someone's house that's having a party. They get wrapped up in having fun and everyone else they're with has been drinking and No one stops them from driving. I know this because i'm always the DD because I don't drink. People make choices and have habits and if they enjoy those habits they keep doing them. Changing the rules just makes them adjust their stradegy. I offer to take people home but usually the host of the party will let them spend the night to avoid driving. Still other party goers may stay longer and you fi d out later they drove home by themselves. You can't save everyone, you just try and help those that will accept help.