Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-01-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
I looked for a thread like this and couldnt find one. If there is one please link me!

I was wondering what owners of the A22 think? its been about a year now right? Is the wake like a Bu wake? How is the quality holding up? Any not normal maintenance?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-27-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
I really love the way the Axis boats look.
Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-10-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
The Texas Tech Wake team just recently bought an axis with the help of Adam. Its a super nice boat and we loved what they had to offer as far as for a club boat. Cheaper than most new boats, but still the same performance of a Malibu or something along those lines. We haven't gotten to ride behind our boat yet due to some circumstances that happened when we got it!

This is a great boat though, and we love everything about it!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
OMG Landan...I understand you all were tryin to get an early start but these things dont run on snow well..granted it is water still lol...what the progress on it since then? How did that happen?
Also adding a pic from the boat show and the finished wetsounds panel we put in
Attached Images

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-29-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermustang35 View Post
OMG Landan...I understand you all were tryin to get an early start but these things dont run on snow well..granted it is water still lol...what the progress on it since then? How did that happen?
Also adding a pic from the boat show and the finished wetsounds panel we put in
Which wetsounds sub is that?
Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-10-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
We had just picked in up from Baxter, MN and were on our way back on I-35 when the snow started to pick up and we hit a patch of ice and the trailer slid out from behind us pulling us into the median into oncoming traffic! It was intense to say the least but the damage was pretty minor considering how bad it could have been.

The boat never rolled over or at all so it could have been worse!

But the boat should be fixed by next week! So that is great!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-06-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
OK, our weather has been crap for some time now, so I am working on a few projects for the Axis until the weather improves.

- First, my dealer did not mention a spare tire for my trailer at the time of purchase, so my options were to pay Axis $580 + shipping for a matching 'tricked' wheel/tire or go with a cheapy from my local tire shop. I did not like either of those options, so I started to dig around on-line and found the Gear alloy 711MB wheel and Nexen n3000 tire individualy from other retailers and have purchased a spare tire setup for around $348, including shipping. I also picked up a set of locking lugs as the trailer does not come with them?

- The glove box on the axis does not stay open on it's own and it is a pain to get stuff out of it. I picked up some hardware to install a damper strut to hold the GB open. These are on order and I will post some pix, after it is installed. Just a few things that bugged me b4 we start the season off-

If anyone wants info on these, just let me know-

Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-06-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Landan, any update on yours? How is it doing? have you all had a chance to get out and ride?

Wade, unless you or the dealer specified locking lugs it did not come with them. I had to buy a set for mine. I went to boatmate's site and bought the excalibur locking lugs for close to 40. They give you 5, one for each wheel and the spare. It works great. I worked with Jerry at boatmate and they are really helpful. I got my lugs in a day from them, granted they are only 80 miles or less away lol..
We have been looking into doing something similiar but not a gas type shock...I found a spring that when bent is flexible and when opened straight it holds. just havent dont anything with it. We don't really mind as we aren't digging through it except to put stuff in at launch and take out at the end.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-07-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
what is the price on a new axis?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
They start at $39,900 however most of the new ones I have found online are right around 50k with the options most people would want. I was just looking online at them last night.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-07-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
guess I will wait till they get some used ones out there
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-12-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Well I decided not to go with a damper strut as planned, I could not find one with a low enough force to work on the thin shell of the glove box lid. 10 lbs. force is the lowest they make and it is way too stiff for the GB lid. I had already ordered it and found out it would not work when I got it. I will just throw it on my toolbox, I hate when that thing slams shut on my knuckles!

So I went with one of the lid/hatch springs like Greg (silvermustang35) mentioned. they are made from stainless steel for sailboat hatches and work quite nicely. The one I got has a spring that is about 9" in length and about 3/8" in diameter. Just 4 screws to hold it in place and a small mod to reinforce the inner shell of the glove box. I picked one up at my local marine supply store for $14.95. Works very well, just open the GB all the way and it stays open! Then to close, just tug in the middle of the spring slightly and it closes, SWEET!

One other mod I did, was the battery/AMP-Sub compartment cushion is hard to grab hold of from the side to open, so I attached a strap to aid in the opening of the compartment cushion, much better now! That's all I had on my list of mod's, these boats are pretty much ready to go. Now that the weather is better, I'm going boardin-

Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2010, 4:42 AM Reply   
Wade, looks good on the mods you did. only 6.5 hours?! you need to get out there and ride haha...
We are at 26.5 hours so far and only climbing more. We had the normal 20 hour maintenance and no problems. We are just trucking along and enjoyin the boat for sure. We put the video camera mount on the tower to test recording, but my camera is a little old and its trying to pull digital from analog signal so im working on that (got a 1080p camera we hope to test sunday.) Our back tanks drain great too and no issues to report at all. Axis is a very well made boat.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-13-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Greg, tell me about it! I was out of town for the past 3 weeks for work and the weather out west here has been total crap and raining for the past few months. It has finally gotten better and we are hitting it each weekend now. Did you do 20 hour service yourself? I plan to do mine, all looks pretty simple-
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-01-2010, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wade, looks good on the mods you did. only 6.5 hours?! you need to get out there and ride haha...
We are at 26.5 hours so far and only climbing more. We had the normal 20 hour maintenance and no problems. We are just trucking along and enjoyin the boat for sure. We put the video camera mount on the tower to test recording, but my camera is a little old and its trying to pull digital from analog signal so im working on that (got a 1080p camera we hope to test sunday.) Our back tanks drain great too and no issues to report at all. Axis is a very well made boat.
Man, if it ever stops RAINING I will be all over it!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-13-2010, 6:44 AM Reply   
quick question for you axis owners... how much do these boats go for?? what add ons did you get?? I know they show a starting price @ $39,995 but thats a retail figure. What are people actually paying for them?
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-13-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Bryce; we got 'Fully Loaded' package with custom color which costs more, and every possible option available (except Raptor engine) total out the door cost was 58K + some change- (including tax/lic/reg) We were limited to the only single dealer in Washington state.
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-15-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
I finally got to see one an Axis today at the dealer...WOW! They had 3, one of which was the black Vandall Edition. I was told $49k, does this sound right. I was hoping they were going for a bit less. What are you guys paying for these?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-15-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
I finally got to see one an Axis today at the dealer...WOW! They had 3, one of which was the black Vandall Edition. I was told $49k, does this sound right. I was hoping they were going for a bit less. What are you guys paying for these?
Thats a good price for a 2010 vandall edition. Like Greg said, that boat is loaded.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-15-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Wade, sorry for just getting back. We have been tryin to get on the water this weekend lol...I didnt do the 20 hour service myself. Pretty much its just an oil change and checking all the fluid levels. I had the dealership do it so I had servce records with hour stamps for record keeping.
Scottie, Thats a really good price for the Vandall edition. That thing is loaded with the tower speaker, sub and interiors, and all the options including the tricked trailer which is more than the usual trailer. Thats around the going price minus the raptor engine. I think raptor throws it a bit more.
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-16-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
Whats the retail on the Vandall? Also, what is the cheapest you can get an Axis for (excluding the Vandall)? Thanks.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-16-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
Scottie, I'd say bare model, stripped down basic options is probably running around 39-41k ...But thats pretty basic, basic trailer etc. It will still get the job done, just no plug n play bags, regular carpet (I think its standard), normal seat, no chilax seats, docking lights, stereo etc. Dont quote me on that but im thinking that sounds about right price and option wise.
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-16-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I guess the Vandall isn't a bad price at $49k if the base is running $41k. Hows the surf wake? I surf 90% of the time so this is a very important feature. I know the Tige and epics are known for their surf wake...just wondering if the Axis is comparable.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-17-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
Nah, the Vandall for 49K is a really good price. I'd jump on it for sure. The surf wake is really good. I surfed with factory weight and had no problems finding the pocket and riding. There is a youtube video where McCall talks about the surf wake and the effects the wedge has. We had 4 people on the left side with the wedge down and it was really big. Without the wedge and with 4 people in the back, the surf wake was around waist high. With one person in back corner and a rider, wake is just a little under waste high. 10.2mph is about where we surf at and it cleans up well.

This is the only one I could find of us surfing...don't usually have the camera out to take surf pics. This is my buddy surfing with my gf driving and me in the back corner. I know you can't tell much but its not a bad surf wake. This was with wedge up.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-17-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
I rode behind an axis this weekend with the plug n play and it was friggin amazing. I was floored at how nice the wake was. I mean, damn.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-17-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
I too rode behind an axis for the first time this weekend. It only had the stock 900lbs of ballast and it was an amazing wake. We put the wedge down later and it was even better. Unfortunately I didn't get to ride behind it with the ballast and wedge but it looked amazing from the drivers seat.
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-17-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Sounds like you rode behind the best boat in the world there Brian (Bruizza)!!! Haha next time you come out I will make sure to put the wedge down for you
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-17-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
Yeah Janelle it was a very sick axis. Owned by some crazy chick named Janelle.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-18-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
Just wanted to throw out here too, I started a group called Axis Owners. Figured a good place to swap setups and mods, etc.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-18-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
Well we were out this weekend for 2 great days on the boat, then at 9.8 hours on the motor, we had a mechanical failure at the end of the day on Sunday. The main water pump hose burst while I was out for my set, while my wife was driving. After I completed my set and tossed the handle, she swang around to pick me up and I noticed the bilge was spewing water out the side drain. As soon as I hopped into the boat, my wife said the boat was running poorly, and she had the throttle pegged, but it was going very slow!

I lifted up the engine cover to see the engine sitting in a full bilge compartment of water! The first thing I did was dove in to the water and felt to see if somehow the bilge plug had come out, after confirming it was in place, I jumped back into the boat and started to look around for what could be causing the water to flood the engine compartment? After searching for some time, and finding nothing I decided to see if the bilge pump would empty the water out, which it did in a few minutes. The top of the motor was covered in water, on top of the air filter, and in all of the pockets of the intake manifold. I assume that with that much water in the bilge, the pulley's were slinging the water up against the engine cover, and then back down on top of the motor while she was driving. I just hope the thing did not take a big gulp of water!? I then took a towel and dried all the water from the top of the motor.

I turned on the ignition and noticed that the engine temp was at about 178 deg. which to me seems well within operational limits. So I decided to fire it up and then went back to the engine to see a large stream of water shooting out of the lower hose and into the bilge! The boat fired right up and seemed to purr in idle, so I decided to wrap it up and put back to the ramp just out of neutral. Once I had the boat out of the water, I pulled the bilge plug and let what water was there from the short trip back to shore drain out on the ride home. Needless to say, I was very bummed!

I called Axis first thing on Monday to explain the situation and they referred me to my dealer for a warranty service repair.
Then we realized that the dealer I bought my boat from (the only one in Washington state) was no longer an Axis dealer and that I could not go to them for service! So I made some more calls and have arranged to have the boat serviced/inspected at the nearest Malibu dealer which is 1 hour away. The kicker, is they said they could not get me in to look at the boat until mid June! This Sux!

I called Axis back and asked them to try and help me to get this done sooner than mid June, so they made some calls and it looks like I might get in within a week or two. In the mean time I have asked for a replacement hose, so I can at least get the boat fired up to check the engine operation. As of today, I have no hose or answer as to when I can get this looked at? I only hope I don't loose too much of my summer, due to a $10 rubber hose!

I also spoke to Indmar trying to diagnose why the boat was running so sluggishly as my wife had said, this was hard to explain exactly, as I was not driving but I told them she said with the throttle pegged, the boat was going very slow. They told me that the ECM on the boat, has a safety which will not allow RPM's above 2000, if the temperature exceeds 175F. This seems a little low if you ask me, but I guess they should know? So I hope this is in fact the reason the thing was running poorly, and not some internal damage to the engine? I don't see how that much could have happened, since she was prolly only running in that condition for 5 or 10 minutes at most?

So I would really like to get a hose to do some testing on my own, and then get the boat in for a thorough inspection to make sure no damage came of this. Of course, both Indmar and Axis told me this is the first time this has ever happened and must be a fluke? Seems I am always the exception on this sort of crap, so what the hell? Anyhow, I will let you all know the outcome as I get resolution and hope to hell this is solved b4 I head to Lake Shasta, CA for 2 weeks in late June!
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-18-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info/replies. I'd love to see a few more wake pics with the Axis totally sacked out and the wedge dropped.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-18-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
Workin on that right now had some video from this past weekend and took snapshots from the videos...prolly try to put the pics up tomm, gotta edit the video before posting..
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-18-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your boat and dealer.
Your wife would have heard a beeping sound and on the guage that has the depth, water temp etc. it should have flashed a warning if the boat went into limp mode. This is probably what happened when the boat was running sluggish.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
Ouch Wade, sorry to hear about that too. Ours has been strong for 32 hours so far. That had to be scary times but at least the bilge was able to get ya pumped out too. Thats wild about the Axis dealership no longer being an Axis dealer. I agree with Ed that it should have flashed Service Required on the left gauge and beeped to alert you. If you turned it off and re-cranked it did it beep or anything?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-19-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
This happened on an older x1 I had. It's really not that big of a deal. Just get your replacement hose and either unhook the battery for about ten minutes or take it to the dealer for a code clear. Either way, you should not be in limp mode any more. Sorry you had an issue. I guess hoses sometimes just fail. Wierd.

Let us know if you are able to get that part sooner. Everyone I know who has dealt with those guys at Axis have had absolutely no problems with communication and Axis has bent over backwards to help out.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-19-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
Thanks guys... I asked her last night if she saw a check engine light or heard a warning, but she says she did not? Who knows? With the iPod jammin and her focus on driving, maybe she missed it? After I got into the boat and cleaned up the water, it fired right up for me with no warning lights or audible warnings. ran perfectly back to the dock, but again, I was only cruising just outta neutral. I do not see any codes on the dash or any signs of issues? I have an OBDII module, does this clear boat codes to? Axis is sending me a hose by this weekend, so I can get it hooked up and at least fire it up at home to check it out. The Malibu dealer has yet to call me and let me know when I can bring it in. I just don't wanna miss half my summer due to this! I will keep you posted-
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-19-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
I'm sure the hose will fix the issue. I wouldn't sweat it.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-19-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
hope so!?
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-20-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Wade, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I have the same kinda luck it seems so you're not alone. Good luck on getting it ready for the water again.

Greg, where's the vid and pics? Quit holding out on us..lol.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-20-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
oK, So here are a couple pics...the ones that arent as bright as snapshots from the HD video and it may not look as big a wake since its the camera looking down at the ride not level with the rider.. I havent had a chance to upload the video yet since its a huge file and im trying to cut and clean it up. 5 minutes was about 1.2gb! But its clean HD for sure. I have better wake pics on the digital camera just gotta pull em down too.
Attached Images

Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-20-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
They start working on ours tomorrow. Can't wait to take delivery.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-21-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Shoot me a call at 208-664-8274 ask for Bret. We will get you squared away with a hose and anything else you may need for your Axis.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride26 View Post
Shoot me a call at 208-664-8274 ask for Bret. We will get you squared away with a hose and anything else you may need for your Axis.
You might be my nearest dealer now...? I think Portland might be closer though...
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
Got my hose today directly from Indmar, installed it, hooked up the fake-a-lake and she fired right up. @ 163f Rev'd to 4500, no issues. No leaks or drama that I can see, all looks good. I will try and get her on the water as soon as our weather cooperates. I think wer're ok, but stil want dealer to check it out.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-22-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
I would check my impellar just to be safe. Other than that it sounds like you are good to go.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-22-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride26 View Post
I would check my impellar just to be safe. Other than that it sounds like you are good to go.
Bret, correct me if I am wrong (my first inboard motor) but is the impellar on the front of the crank pulley, in the water pump? Or at another location?
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-22-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
It is located in the water pump.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-25-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
ok, so here I thought I was all set, and Axis tells me that the hose I have is routed incorrectly and that I need to fix it? The hose CAN NOT be routed any other way and is the exact same hose that failed and came on the boat originally. I sent them some pix of the new hose, and this is when they told me it was incorrect.

They said it CAN NOT go under any of the rudder assembly, and has to go over it. This is not possible with the current hose, and is exactly as the boat came from factory. They told me thier hoses run on top of everything and are a straight shot from pump to cooler.

The funny thing is Axis sent me a picture of the hoses on the current production boats, and it is an entirely different hose from what I got!? Axis says that their hose is the same as they have always been and Indmar tells me that the hose I have is the correct one... Neither can tell me which is correct? I just want to have the best setup so not to worry about the damn hose again! I have Axis sending me a 'current' production hose, and will go that way. Looks much better in fit/function.

So I am asking if you fellow Axis owners can peek at your lower cooling hose (raw water pump to Trans. cooler) next time ure in ure eng. compt. and tell me which hose you have, and if it is routed like either pictured. FYI, my boat was built in the second week of Feb - 2010.

Thanx in advance!

Current hose as came on my boat:

Axis current hose in production:

Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-25-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
The hoses are different? They look the same, just one is routes over the rudder assmbly, and yours is under. Unclamp the hose on one end, and put it over the assembly. Is there something preventing that? It is a flexible rubber hose right?

Last edited by MattieK27; 05-25-2010 at 7:51 PM.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-25-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
The hoses are different? They look the same, just one is routes over the rudder assmbly, and yours is under. Unclamp the hose on one end, and put it over the assembly. Is there something preventing that? It is a flexible rubber hose right?
NO, entirely different hoses. Different lengths and shapes. Indmar has different part numbers for both. I can not run my hose over the rudder assembly, it is too long and will not go. Just curious what the other Axis' have on them?
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-25-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
It looks like the axis in production hoses are over the rudder assembly like Matt says...I see why it is above it for sure...can you move yours above it? Would it have to be trimmed? I would think do that and you're set...good luck,
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-25-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
It looks like the axis in production hoses are over the rudder assembly like Matt says...I see why it is above it for sure...can you move yours above it? Would it have to be trimmed? I would think do that and you're set...good luck,
I could cut it to shorten it up, but then the molded in bends will not line up, and it would kink.
I am getting a newer version of the hose from Axis, just curious what the other Axis' have? When you get a chance, have a look at yours, and let me know what you find?
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-26-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
You can clearly see the difference between the 2 hoses-

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-27-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
Is the area where the last hose failed in the spot where the rudder mechanism goes over the hose as you currently have it mounted? Does the rudder mechanism ever contact the hose now? If the answer to these questions is "no" what's the big deal? Now, it it looks like the hose was redesigned to prevent a failure or something, I understand why you'd want the different part. I would too.

Who knows, maybe it was simply redesigend to make the hose shorter and save some material cost.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-27-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Is the area where the last hose failed in the spot where the rudder mechanism goes over the hose as you currently have it mounted? Does the rudder mechanism ever contact the hose now? If the answer to these questions is "no" what's the big deal? Now, it it looks like the hose was redesigned to prevent a failure or something, I understand why you'd want the different part. I would too.

Who knows, maybe it was simply redesigend to make the hose shorter and save some material cost.
No and No, The hose burst, on the top corner, due to faulty material, nothing touching/rubbing it.
I was all happy with the new hose, until Axis told me it was wrong, and the hose SHOULD NOT route under the rudder assembly. This is what got me thinking... So I opted for the new hose.

My reason for requesting other Axis owners to tell me how theirs is routed is purely curiosity. As Axis is saying one thing, and Indmar is saying another. Axis swears that they have never routed the hoses under the rudder assembly, which mine clearly was. This can only happen if the longer hose is installed on the motor, from Indmar. There is simply NO other way to run the hose. Axis sent me pictures of the shorter hose and said that they have always been this way, but if so, how do I have the so-called wrong hose?

Yet, Indmar tells me that all motors built for Axis, including mine and current ones, have the older style, longer hose on them, as clearly called out on the bill of materials for the motors. So something is array and was just curious... Don't really care, now that I have the newer shorter hose coming, just thought it was strange? Perhaps other Axis owners might want to check theirs and make sure nothing is rubbing on the hose?

Again, just curious what the other owners have, hoping to get some clarity as to how I ended up with the strange hose...
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-27-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
If the failure had nothing to do with which hose it was, I would say you are good. My supra has the older style hose and it runs fine. As long as the engine gets water that is the important part. Time to go to the lake and have fun..........
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-27-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Word!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-27-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
Installed the shorter hose today and it seems like the ticket! Planning on taking it out Sunday, if the darn weather will dry up!

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
Still raining in the Pacific Northwest...
Setting record wet and cold days in May, what gives?
Hope to get the boat out soon to test it out.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-01-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
Haha, since I posted that I just got my 50 hour service done...ready for vacation where im sure we will crank up another 25 hours lol...good luck getting the rain to stop..seems thats all it does anymore.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Haha, since I posted that I just got my 50 hour service done...ready for vacation where im sure we will crank up another 25 hours lol...good luck getting the rain to stop..seems thats all it does anymore.
Dang... I wish I could get some hours on the boat like that! Nothing but RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! Just shot this pick this morning, this is how it has been for the past 3 weeks! AARRRGGGHHHH!

Heading to Lake Shasta in 4 weeks, so I guess I will hit it hard to make up for it then!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-02-2010, 5:11 AM Reply   
Finally pulled the pics from the digital camera. One is an on water shot and the other two show the wake a little better than my previous pics that came as snapshots off the video. BTW, www.vimeo.com/silvermustang35 is my first video I made. I suck at riding but you can see how the tower camera follows us.
Attached Images

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Greg, looking good!
What speed are you pulling at and how much line do you run?
I run 24 MPH with 78' of line
Old     (mvanhove)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-02-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Wade just up here in Vancouver BC this weather is just ridiculous. We've gone out once this year like the second week of may, been mostly like that picture above since then.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvanhove View Post
Wade just up here in Vancouver BC this weather is just ridiculous. We've gone out once this year like the second week of may, been mostly like that picture above since then.
Michael, no doubt! We've been lucky enough to go out 3 time this season... looks like I picked the wrong year to buy a new boat! I have only 9 hours on it and need some break in time and service, before heading to Lake Shasta in 3 1/2 weeks! PNW weather sux BIG Time so far this year! Ready to move to Florida for petes sake...
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-02-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
Wade, im running 23.8 at 75ft of line. I tried shorter and longer line lengths and feel the most comfortable at 23.8 at 75ft.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wade, im running 23.8 at 75ft of line. I tried shorter and longer line lengths and feel the most comfortable at 23.8 at 75ft.
kool, looks like we are just about at the same setup... must be the sweet spots for our Axis'-
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-03-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
I just de-winterized my boat yesterday. latest start ever (we had snow last weekend).

hopefully will get it out this weekend
Old     (ssmith)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-03-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
Greg, thanks for the pics. Where in TN are you?

I'm mostly into surfing. Someone slow down to about 10-12mph and show me a good surf wake. I would like to see a fully weighted boat with the wedge down with pics of just the wake and then someone surfing as well. Thanks.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-05-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
finally hitting the lake today as we have some sun and a break from the rain! Will give boat a shakedown and keep an eye on the cooling hose/system all day.
Hoping to find the boat runs fine and no other issues-
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Finally get to pick mine up next Thursday!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-05-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaszkow View Post
Finally get to pick mine up next Thursday!
Sweet! post some pix when you get it on the water! Congrats! you will luv it I'm sure!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-05-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
spent all day out on the lake and the boat ran great. New hose worked like a charm and no issues with the motor- I can put this issue to bed now.
Couple more trips out and I can do my 20 hour service finally.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-09-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Weather in the Pacific Northwest is still raining... looks like after this weekend, we are finally gettin our summer started! Rain has stuck around for record dates this year... YUK! Hopeing to get some word from Axis as to when I can expect to have a dealer in my state to handle any future services?
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
We just took delivery of ours last week. I am very impressed by this boat so far, especially the fit and finish and overall solid feel. I have to say that my customer experience has been top notch so far. Not only has Matt and the crew at MN Inboard (the dealership) been great to work with, I've also had a great experience with a few people from the Axis factory. They even sent me pictures of the boat during the build process. We added 20% tint to the windshield which really fits well with the overall look.

It's been pretty rainy here, but we were still able to put a couple of hours on over the weekend.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-16-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 6:39 AM Reply   
just sick dude... love these boats' color scheme probably the best schemes in all of wakeboats....
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-16-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Congrats! lookin sharp-
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-16-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
congrats joe!
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-25-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Was curious if any of you fellow Axis owners have a key for the glove box?
I went to lock it for the first time and realized I did not get a key for it? It does not use the ignition key, and I only got 2 of those, no other keys with boat...