Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jpdodd)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-01-2014, 4:48 PM Reply   
I am in need of some help about wakeboard binding screws. I just purchased some older wakeboard equipment to try it out. (Very lightly used, but older.)

Here's the information:

Wakeboard: LiquidForce superfly 43

Bindings: Hyperlite Parks Option 2

(Both are probably 2004 and older, but I can't find that online either

The bindings did not come with any "claws" or screws to attach them to the board. I did as much research as I could do on the net to find out what types of claws to use, but I have found nothing definitive. I was wondering if someone could give me the specific type of claw to get that will work.

Attached are pictures of what the plates look like.

I realize (now) that they are older, and not many places(including hyperlite themselves) make the parts, but I'm sure that someone has to have some somewhere.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-01-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
when I needed similar hardware for some cwb bindings last summer, I called their customer service phone number and they sent me a full set of hardware free of charge.
Old     (jpdodd)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-01-2014, 5:53 PM Reply   
Thanks. I sent them an email just now. Not sure if they can help though... I contacted several wakeboarding website stores, and they said that hyperlite doesn't even make the claws anymore. They suggested to check out ebay, but couldn't give me a name or part number to go on because they don't stock them anymore... I'll let you know how they respond.
jon
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-02-2014, 4:23 AM Reply   
Hyperlite customer service will set u up. The only thing you might still have to do is buy M6 screws if your board is newer. Get those from your local hardware store.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
A Liquid Force Superfly will not be M6 hardware, you will be good with what you get from HL.
Old     (jpdodd)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-02-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
I believe the m6 is the newer hardware that things have mostly changed over to. Both the board and bindings are older. In great condition, but older... Hopefully hyperlite will come through.
Old     (HypeWar)      Join Date: May 2011       03-02-2014, 9:07 PM Reply   
Hey Jonathon, PM sent.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-03-2014, 3:05 AM Reply   
Here you go
Old     (jpdodd)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-03-2014, 4:44 AM Reply   
Those are the ones that I originally came across, but I couldn't find compatibility info anywhere... didn't want to spend $30 on claws that didn't work. Are you sure that these would work?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-03-2014, 5:55 AM Reply   
Yes, those are the claws and will work. I have them on my community board for the boat.
Old     (jpdodd)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-03-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
Awesome, thanks for the help! Now I just need the weather to warm up (and stop snowing...) so that I can go try them out.
Old     (jpdodd)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-03-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Looks like Hyperlite is going to come through. It's a cool thing to have great companies that are willing to help people out! Thanks for all the help!

jon