Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:20 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 Super Air Nautique with the GT-40 and I'm looking to upgrade to the stargazer edition perfect pass. I called perfect pass and they told me I could just do the upgrade kit which includes the dash display and new module. Well I went and looked in my engine compartment to make sure everything was there and the old module was gone. I also think the servo motor is gone. I see a cable but no servo motor. Also there are two plugs where I'm pretty sure the module plugs into that are there but again no module.
So my question is can I order the new stargazer module, dash display, and new servo motor and I will be set? Or should I just go ahead and order a whole new system and rip all the old stuff out? PP suggested starting from scratch but I would still be saving a few hundred bucks if i didn't have to order the entire system. Anyway I figured someone on here might have done this upgrade before and can shed some light. Thanks
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
pics
Attached Images

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:27 PM Reply   
Well crap. Didn't know the pics would be so small. I guess if anyone know what I'm talking about let me know. Thanks
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:34 PM Reply   
Call these guys for details -http://www.perfectpass.com

then go here to buy - http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...Pass-Group-Buy
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       03-12-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
Beleza,

I have visited the PerfectPass office personally when I was in Atlantic Canada. These guys are top notch. They will set you up with everything you need with nothing you don't!
In my opinion If you don't know what works/doesn't work, why it was ripped out in the first place... It could be a lot of work troubleshooting and pulling your hair out. Just save yourself the stress and frustration and do it from scratch! Especially if you're going to keep the boat for a couple years..worst thing is having a troublesome speed control system when you are out on the water and your gf/wife is driving...
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
With all that you need to order, you might as well group buy new.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:52 PM Reply   
Yeah I'm in on the group buy over on planetnautique, I just don't know if it will ever get done. I will probably just order the entire thing. It will be nice to know everything is new anyway. I hope things get going on that group buy because I need to order soon. Thanks for the replies!
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
Btw the perfect pass guys have been extremely helpful and seem top notch. They've answered all my questions and get right back to me when I email. Looking forward to buying from them!
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       03-12-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
Btw the perfect pass guys have been extremely helpful and seem top notch. They've answered all my questions and get right back to me when I email. Looking forward to buying from them!
Atlantic Canadians..especially Nova Scotians are one of the friendliest People you will meet. The owner ended up taking me out on his nautique for a rip when I was out there..Just because...Such nice guys!

Give them a call and they may be able to cut you a bit of a deal.