Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-22-2015, 5:14 PM Reply   
In the fall I was thinking it would be my last year for my 2012 Enzo, but with the Canadian dollar dropping by about 20% Its tough to justify a new boat (same hull new bling). Has anyone been to the shows in Canada? Is the sticker shock shocking?

Good news for the US buyers that are willing to travel North to buy used…. Man I remember 2008 when I bought a new boat at 1.08% exchange….
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-22-2015, 5:26 PM Reply   
Yeah it is not like the past years. The Canucks are hunkering down... They were buying all the boats up down here and kept the market moving actually. I have not heard of any boats going North with the exchange rate the way it is.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-23-2015, 1:36 AM Reply   
I suspect the used market here will have some pretty good deals in the near future. Especially in Alberta and Saskatchewan. With oil prices in the toilet theres gonna be alot of guys short on work and probably looking to get out of boat payments. Last time we had a big slowdown there were some pretty amazing deals on "toys".

The exchange rate sucks though. I had plans to do some more work to my Rz2 and i'm kicking myself for not ordering the stuff from the U.S. before our dollar started to drop so much.
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-23-2015, 6:54 AM Reply   
Oh well..... at least fuel won't be $6.80/gal on the water this year....
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       01-23-2015, 8:23 AM Reply   
I was at the Vancouver boat show yesterday.

The prices on the 2014s are pretty decent at most dealership..The 2015s made a HUGE price increase.
They are trying to work with the manufacturers to lessen the blow but the prices have gone up. I wouldn't say 20%, but around 10-12% at most dealerships since last year...

I was in the same situation. My 2012 MB is getting up there in hours... Wish I would have upgraded in the fall when it was like 1.05...
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-23-2015, 3:31 PM Reply   
I was the Toronto Boat Show last week. Speaking with my dealer, they said the big price jumps due to the dollar and annual price increase helped them move all of their leftover 2014 inventory. The dollar is killing us on a lot of prices. Will be interesting to see if the low fuel prices continue into the boating season.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-23-2015, 4:09 PM Reply   
Our falling dollar does suck for purchasing anything out of the states but I suppose at this point the cost of fuel makes up for it. As Curtis said above, will be interesting to see if they stay like this as boating season starts. At this point my fresh air exhaust that I want to buy keeps getting more expensive as these days go on. I'm at least lucky that I live in Abbotsford BC so I'm 5 minutes from the border to pick up my packages rather than paying international shipping.