Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2015, 9:45 PM Reply   
Hi all,

Has anyone ridden the LF Remedy and could advise as to how it compares with the Harley?

Thanks!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2015, 8:01 PM Reply   
Harley doesn't ride the Remedy unless its for photos. Here is a recent video of him and he's on his old shape. Liquid Force tries to come up with a new shape every two years so they made the remedy just to sell more boards as if newer is better. If it was a better board, why isn't Harley riding it?

http://websta.me/p/890036586066897193_8656945
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-15-2015, 9:57 PM Reply   
Thanks, that's some damning evidence. So glad I passed on the $400+ Remedy and got a $220 2013 Harley instead.

The only thing that concerns me is the board I ordered is a grind version. I keep reading that the sintered base is just as fast behind boat. Do you know if that's true?
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2015, 6:41 PM Reply   
I doubt you will notice the difference. Its definitely not enough to hold back your progression. If it feels slow, you can speed up the boat. If you can notice the drag and it makes you tired, ride more or lift bro
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       01-17-2015, 6:56 PM Reply   
Sintered base is going to be fine behind the boat.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-18-2015, 6:34 PM Reply   
Derek Cook and Adam Fields ride the Witness Grind I think, so I wouldn't worry about it!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-28-2015, 3:33 PM Reply   
So I didn't notice a speed difference between the regular Harley and the Grind version. Both are fast boards. Pehaps if I rode them back to back, I might have, but it'd be very slight.

What I did notice, and for this I didn't need to ride them back to back, is the weight difference -- the Grind version is a freakin tank. I guess it makes sense that the Grind base would add weight, but I was still surprised. By comparsion, Ronix William 145 is 6.08 lbs. Harley Grind 143 is 8.13 lbs.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-28-2015, 4:08 PM Reply   
I'm going to have to agree....if you just rode more (particularly all the way through the top of the wake) and if you were a bit stronger (do you even lift, bro?) then you for sure wouldn't notice the speed or weight difference in the boards!!!

Glad you're digging the new Harley and killing it out there!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-28-2015, 6:01 PM Reply   
Hah, yeah, once I got tired of feeling sorry for myself, I went back to look at that old footage of Byerly bustin mobes on a surfboard off a speed boat's sky pylon, and I now realize the extra 2 lbs on the board isn't what's holding me back. If only I had the strength to lift it, I'd throw the Harley up on a wall rack and reinstall Windows 98 to try my luck with Wakeboarding Unleashed instead.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-29-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
Two pounds is a lot, LOL!

I switched from the 12' systems to the lighter 14' HL team boots and it made a world's difference. The board was way more responsive because i could do less work. I didn't have to try nearly as hard as i normal would. my .02 cents
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-29-2015, 2:37 PM Reply   
Oh, so maybe if my setup was lighter I'd be able to bust out super clean switch 5s on the first try like you???
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-30-2015, 8:59 AM Reply   
So.... I shouldn't sell my 2014 Harley to get the 2015 Remedy? I really like the graphics on the new Remedy.. But if it really is not a better board then I suppose I will cancel my order..
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-30-2015, 11:49 AM Reply   
@ak4life ahaha!! maybe, i guess you'll never know unless you get the lighter setup LOL!

For the record my first try was not clean at all, the second one was.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-30-2015, 1:57 PM Reply   
@AdamBrewer No idea since I haven't tried the Remedy, but honestly, the main reason I was considering it is that I like the graphics better. Though that alone wasn't enough reason for me to spend 2x more on the Remedy.

The 2013 Harley Grind was $221 at Evo, and IMO is the best looking Harley because the top is dark. Still not worth lugging extra 2 lbs around. I would have gone with the uglier (IMO) non grind version if I'd known. I'd be more likely to spend more $$ on something that's 30% lighter, than on something with better graphics. ...Unless we're talking something hideous like a neon colored Parks, then $$ doesn't matter! Nor does it matter how the good the board is! )

Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-30-2015, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4life View Post
...Unless we're talking something hideous like a neon colored Parks, then $$ doesn't matter! Nor does it matter how the good the board is! )
...so...you ADMIT the Parks is better? LOL And don't hate on my black and red with a dash of yellow board.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-30-2015, 7:16 PM Reply   
It may well be. I'll never know until they come out with sensible colors. ;-)
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-04-2015, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Harley doesn't ride the Remedy unless its for photos. Here is a recent video of him and he's on his old shape. Liquid Force tries to come up with a new shape every two years so they made the remedy just to sell more boards as if newer is better. If it was a better board, why isn't Harley riding it?

http://websta.me/p/890036586066897193_8656945
I concur that the new shape every 2 years industry norm sucks.
I would much rather boards not receive annual editions with new graphics but rather remain on the original graphic until the shape actually needs to be changed...more like the longboard industry.
Consumers aren't tricked that way into thinking that a new year means an improved board! Because as exemplified with the harley series, it doesn't!

But here's evidence to the contrary when you say Harley doesn't ride his Remedy Shape
http://instagram.com/p/yskNflHmpy/?modal=true
Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       03-22-2015, 3:35 PM Reply   
Actually if you look at him on instagram it shows he's recently been riding the remedy a lot more than the harley. Has anyone ridden both and can compare the two?
Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-23-2015, 11:21 AM Reply   
I have a gently used Harley 138 that I'd sell if youre interested. It is the white one above. PM if interested