Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-12-2013, 2:44 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I am arriving in the US (orlando) on Sunday morning August 18 and am spending 6 weeks travelling around and am keen to meet up with local crews and log some ride time whether it be cable or boat.
I'm buying a board in Orlando so will be sorted with my own gear and am good for gas money and a hand cleaning etc.

I've organised a hire car and will be travelling through Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas then I'll be in California (socal) for a bit too. Don't have any concrete travel plans so happy to detour to meet up and ride or just grab a beer. Travelling on my own so be good to hang out with some like-minded people.

Thanks in advance

Brad
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-12-2013, 5:32 AM Reply   
Hey Brad, that's awesome and welcome to the U.S you'll have a blast with all the riding spots and cable parks in the FL area. If you need a place to crash for a night or two in the Orlando area just give me a shout. I live on the lake but unfortunately boatless at the moment. Still know quite a few peeps that ride tho and have a jetski out back to wakeskate it up. Just putting the offer out there and always down to meet new people and ride OWC. Send me a PM if interested.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-12-2013, 6:33 AM Reply   
If you make it to Northern California. Hit us up We have a great crew and will definitely take you out. We ride the Delta out of Orwood Marina.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-12-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Brad: Looking forward to meeting you on September 5 at Lake Oconee in Georgia! Hope we can provide some good hospitality and riding. Think you are going to have a blast on your U.S. trip!
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-12-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Be sure to stop by McCormick's, its on your way to Georgia heck we have 3 aussies staying on site working for us now both boat lake & cable.
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-12-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
Looking forward to it also Rob.

Thanks Dave! You are a legend

If I make it up to Norcal I will get in touch

Mccormicks is on the list of destinations to stop in for sure
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-12-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies guys!
Old     (JoeDirtSUCKS)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-12-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
If you ever stop through small town san angelo texas theres some decent riding up here and we wouldn't mind putting ya up for a few days!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
Ive got a SAN on a private lake in Bakersfield, CA. Hit me up when you get to CA.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-12-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
If you miraculously end up in NorCal hit me up, I've got a SAN I run 3k + lbs and always open to showing some Aussies my neck of the woods
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-14-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
I'm in San Clemente for the Hurley pro till Sept 22. But I am in Cali till the 29th so it leaves a but of time to perhaps make it to Norcal. How far north of LA are you all? If it looks like I'll have time to cruise up that way I'll definately get in touch. Likewise if I make it to central texas. Thanks again guys. I'm blown away at the hospitality shown to me so far.
Old     (JoeDirtSUCKS)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-14-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
Hell yeah man we love our Aussie brothers!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-15-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
About 2 hours
Old     (NATE1979)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-15-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
Let me know when you will be in Alabama. Im in the Northwest corner on some good water.
Old     (JoyceHerald)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-17-2013, 2:11 AM Reply   
I agree Alabama is one of the finest place to visit..I am just amazed by it's long coastal regions and dynamic sights..

horseback riding vacations
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-24-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
I'm rolling out of Orlando on Monday or Tuesday to head towards Louisiana. Anyone have any recommendations for places to stop at along the way to break up the drive? Where's the best place to find hostel/backpacker type accommodation?
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-25-2013, 5:26 AM Reply   
If you end up near atlanta I live on an awesome private lake south of the city hit me up!
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-25-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Shawn, I will definately be near Atlanta after the Bulldogs vs Gamecocks game in Athens on the 7th
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-27-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Brad is a legit dude and super nice guy. He just stayed a few days at my house and if anyone will be near him through his travels, help this guy out with a pull or whatever. Brad- good times bud you're always welcome here at my place and we'll definitely be shredding again in the future. Safe travels
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-27-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave. It was "heaps" good hanging out. I really appreciate it man. Made it to Valdosta all good. Took just over 3 hours in the end. This park is pretty rad, you get so many hits on a 2.0 in a short time. You should definately cruise up here sometime. I have the whole place to myself today. Thanks again for letting me stay. Definately will catch you around again buddy
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-03-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
Just want to say a massive thanks to the crew out in Louisiana. Charlie, the team at Rukus, Ben in Baton Rouge and Chris and his amazing crew out in New Orleans showed me amazing hospitality and were super fun to hang out with. Cajun X is also a wicked good time. Definately hard to leave Louisiana especially with all the pretty girls at LSU. Thanks again crew and hope we can all bump into each other again sometime
Old     (Hovey313)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-04-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
I second what Dave says, Brad is an awesome guy, so laid back and genuinely cool guy to meet! And Brad I'm glad you Loved Louisiana, had a blast having you around! Hope you have a safe trip the rest of the way and definitely look forward to doing it again!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-06-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
Loved hosting Brad in Georgia. Great guy. Great guest.

He is headed to a Georgia football game, then has a little time (thinking maybe Nashville), then flying to Baltimore for a Raven's game, then heading to Southern California to ocean surf.

If you are in any of these areas, take the chance to host him for a day or two. You won't regret it. Rob
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-10-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Thanks so much Rob. I really appreciate you having me and a huge thanks to Ron as well. I'm still blown away by the hospitality in the South. Such a great place to visit. I hope I can make it back again, it's definately a place I would like to visit on a regular basis
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-10-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
If you are anywhere near Arizona, we ride on Tuesdays and Sundays (my days off), and you more than welcome to crash at my place and ride with us.
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-11-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hey Eric, Unfortunately I won't be making it to Arizona on this trip. I spent 5 hours there when I first got in after my connectin flight was delayed. It's definately somewhere I'd love to check out at some stage. I appreciate the offer
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-14-2013, 6:16 PM Reply   
Massive props to Shawn for showing me Atlanta. I flew to Baltimore today, I'm row 1 on the 50yrd line tomorrow at the Ravens game which is the main purpose of my trip. Can't thank everyone down south enough for the hospitality. Y'all have really given me a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks to everyone who has given me rides and a place to crash as well as everyone that has offered me. It really means a lot even if I wasn't able to make it out to everyone. I will definately be back. 'Merica has made a huge impact on me and I don't think I'll be able to go a fall now without some football
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-01-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
Are you still planning on headin thru Texas on this trip?
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-28-2014, 3:20 PM Reply   
Digging up an old thread as I'll be back in the US again this fall. Got an Aussie buddy coming with me this time and keen to show him the side of America I experienced last trip. We fly into Orlando August 28 and we have 3 weeks travelling between there Atlanta, New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Going to catch up with the friends I made last year but it's always nice to meet new people so thought I'd post again.

Let me know if anyone is keen to hang out with us on our travels!

Brad