Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (richdraves)      Join Date: May 2018 Location: Seattle, WA       06-02-2018, 5:40 PM Reply   
I am wake-surfing and foil-boarding in Seattle on Lake Washington. Pretty successful with surfing, can ride without rope for many minutes, still getting the hang of the foil. I am wondering if an instructor/coach would be helpful for getting to the next level, learning tricks etc. I don't have anyone better to learn from - my friends/acquaintances who surf are similar or lower level than myself. Are there instructors / coaches in the Seattle area? Or should I just keep watching youtube videos?

Thanks,
Rich
Old     (richdraves)      Join Date: May 2018 Location: Seattle, WA       06-02-2018, 9:58 PM Reply   
I found www.wakescout.com, it references a couple nearby schools.
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-02-2018, 11:03 PM Reply   
Look up kanuck boardco, they do a bunch of stuff on cultas just an hour and a bit away.
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       06-03-2018, 8:24 PM Reply   
Rich,
I do private lessons in Seattle on my boat or yours. I have coached a number of people in your position in the Seattle and would love to help you too. Feel free to reach out in case you would like to learn more.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       07-16-2018, 9:06 PM Reply   
Rich, get ahold of trevor (tmill), he runs all sorts of lessons on the lake. He competes all over the world, sponsored and a good guy. He knows his stuff!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2018, 12:24 PM Reply   
^+1 for Trevor (tmill) Good dude! Knows his stuff! I’ve had him on my boat a few years back and very helpful.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-18-2018, 12:40 AM Reply   
These guys have been doing clinics and instruction for a long time and their really good at it.
https://northwestriders.com/pages/wakeboarding-lessons
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       07-20-2018, 9:41 AM Reply   
Thank you all for the kind word!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-23-2018, 4:32 PM Reply   
Most schools are simply that, they teach beginners and newbies the basics or their model is an on the water summer day care/camp for youth.
You will want get with someone with experience like Trevor or travel to one of the contest where they do clinics with pro riders. That is where you will get the next level type of instruction.

Lot's of people just send me and other videos, too and we walk them through all the body positioning mistakes, etc. and get them locking maneuvers in.

Are there specific maneuvers you need assistance with?

Cheers, Nick
Old     (richdraves)      Join Date: May 2018 Location: Seattle, WA       07-30-2018, 3:25 PM Reply   
Catching up with the thread (I wish WakeWorld notified me about replies, I will look for a setting).

So I connected with Trevor, I highly recommend him. Great guy, great coach. I am making progress on that elusive 360!

Rich