Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
www.tige.com/2007
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
Production site is up. www.tige.com

The RZ2 is sweet.

Upload
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
that seems like a lot of the deck is towards the front, which is fine wake wise. But it seems they could have made the same boat with a lot more interior room, and not effected the wake much. That engine box seems huge
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
the pic is distorted. check out the pics on the site, the front is much bigger than it appears here.
Old     (ozzgood)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-21-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
I really like it ...Waht do you think the asking price is...
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Man oh Man,

Talk about a COPY JOB

TOWER, OPEN BOW, OVERSIZED PLATFORM,SEATING CONFIG,

Looks like a X-2...
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-21-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
How about the Malibu vents in the rear corners? Sorry, adding fuel to the fire....Add board rack clamps and you have a MC tower. I like the boat, tho. Competition is good.....
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-21-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Seating area looks like it could be a lot bigger, is there any need for the oversized swim platform.... Not a fan, go back to simple, simple is good!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
TJK, for once in your life shut up. There's been like 100 threads on this. Get over it. At some point thousands of years ago, someone decided to make the bow of a boat pointed. Since then, everyone has copied them. Who gives a crap? And the seating configuration looks like every other V-Drive I've ever seen. Again, so what. Competition is never a bad thing. Now people who have always liked the look of a pickefork but haven't drank as much of the Mastercraft kool-aid as you have can have one hell of a boat.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
I agree, the thing is a friggin rip off!!

LOOK AT THAT, ENGINE, CARPET, VINYL SEATS, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Jeez
Old    relk            08-21-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Heres an article talking about the RZ2.

"Pigeon, whose nickname was ''tiger'' as a child and thus named his company Tige (tiger with a European flair), couldn't be happier about the way things are going. They just launched a third series of boats, starting with the first model, the RZ2, a 22-footer. He and a designer spent two years going ''all over, to different factories'' studying how other boat facilities were set up before deciding on a plan for this one.

''This is the most advanced inboard facility in the whole world,'' Pigeon said. ''There's nothing else as efficient and effective as this. It's completely state-of-the-art.'' "

Source: http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/nw_business/article/0,1874,ABIL_7948_4929856,00.html

notice how they say that the designers went to factories for 2 years before even starting to design? who cares if they somewhat copied ideas from companies, they put all the good ideas all into one boat. So stop ranting them because they r trying to make the best boat they can have possible.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-21-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
I can see why some are bashing the new design Tige has put out. It may force MC to lower prices and the resale values of MCs could drop. JUST KIDDING!!! I think Tige has hit a home run with this boat. Very tight looking. BTW, Master Crafts are also nice looking. Just compliment and move on.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
I have been in the RZ2 and driven the boat and I can say I just bought one. The thing is kick ass. It handles great and has a ton of room for a 22' boat. I drove the x-30, 24 Ve, and a 23 LSV. Yes they took many of the best parts of each boat an incoparted it into one. It handles like a Tige and can deal with the rought water very well. It took many styling features from the BU and some tower elements from MC. Overall you get the best of all worlds with a kick ass new boat design that looks great.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-21-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
And people rip on the Nautiques saying that they are too different. I say better to be too different than to follow in another's footsteps...or just stealing their shoes and pretending that you bought them yourself, but calling them something else, changing the colors and emblems, tower (oops) tread, laces, eyelets, etc.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-21-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
BOAT BUILDING IS A BUSINESS!!

If an idea or design is successful, any company worth a damn is going to look at it and try to incorporate it into their mold. I honestly don't get the whole "they copied XYZ brand" argument. WHO THE HELL CARES? LOL

Either a boat, car, plane, etc. is good or it is not. I know I own a Tige, but really it makes no difference, Tige, M/C, Malibu. There is a reason companies 'copy' other ideas, it is because it works and they listen to their customers and what they want. It is business. That is a successful business model.

I just don't get it. It is not art for crying out loud, it is business. Give the people what they want and you will be successful. Because my boat has some ideas taken from another boat maker, does not lessen my enjoyment of it one bit. My daughters will still have just as much fun, we will still have a great time as long as it is a good quality product, no matter where some of the ideas came from.

By the way, no offense intended, I respect all opinions, but I just don't get it.

Sean

(Message edited by seanmcd on August 21, 2006)
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-21-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Coach,

Congrats on the new boat. I just got a new CC220 and love everything about it. Many people rip on the 220 layout, but IMO it's very nice and fits my needs perfectly. I guess some people just are not happy with anything new or unexpected. I just sold my Tige 22V and can say that it was a very solid boat. Best of luck with the new Tige. Give us some pics and review of the wake.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
Jason,
Thanks. Forums are a place to state opinions so we get them all. I personally didn't like the layout of the 220 but CC makes a very high quality boat. They look to think outside the box and have come up with some great inovations over the years (namely the keyless ignition that all boats should use). I am waiting to have the boat built in Oct because my boating season is over. I coach football so we started 2 a days last week and games start labor day weekend. I will take delivery of the boat in late December so I will be able to get some pics in January when I take it to the river for new years. Congrats on the new boat, it is a great experience looking and buying a new toy!!!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
The transom is awesome! Check out the one pic and how you can sit on the back when putting on your board on the platform. I like that idea a lot.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-21-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
TJK,

Tige was the first to have an oversized platform. It is very nice to relax on when not cruising around. They started with the oversized platform in 2003. If someone has a pic of an oversized platform on a 2003 or earlier MC, please correct me. The oversized platform is something other boats have taken from Tige.

Tige built a boat with a 102 inch beam in the late 90's. Now everyone has a boat that wide or close to it. I don't blame Malibu for copying Tige and starting to make their boats wider, I blame them if they are too stupid to do it when that is what people want.

Tige was the the first boat company to put a wake plate on every boat, now you have lots of manufacturers putting hydraulic trim tabs on boats - including MC. It is a gadget that works, MC would be dumb not to use it. Tige didn't invent it, but they were the first to put it on a wakeboarding boat, just like MC did not invent the picklefork.

Those are a few major innovations that Tige has come up with that other boat companies are copying, so what comes around goes around.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
I got my 2007 RZ2 last Tuesday and have since put six hours on it. Yes, I am a Tige dealer but for years did not sell boats, just wakeboard and water-ski gear so I have spent plenty of time around all brands of boats.

Since becoming a dealer a few years ago I have for the most part sat back and watched these boards as people like TJK ripped on the Tige brand with great enthusiasm. Meanwhile each year we sell more boats and the boats get better and better. Most customers do not sell their Tiges and move on to other brands. In the real world, boat owners do not obsessively argue about the superiority of their favorite brand, its wake, and how well recognized the brand name is.

The RZ2 is the first new model to come out of the factory that opened only last December. Like them or hate them, Tige might just keep your favorite boat company moving forward and trying harder to earn your future business too.

If you get a chance, drive the RZ2.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
Looks like the ass end of a Supra IMO
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-22-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
talltigeguy,

if you are correct that 2003 was teh first year that tige started using an oversized platform, then you are incorrect about them being first to market with that idea. Calabria had an oversized platform on the ProV when it was introduced in 2001. I have a 2002 Calabria ProV, and the platform has more area than my buddy's 06 Tige 22ve.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-22-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
That Calabria swim step is gigantic! Thank you Mr. Worm for the correction.

Does the swim step get in the way when surfing? It might appear that it would drag pretty bad if the bow rises much and the transom sinks low. I live in a small town and drive 110 miles to Vegas for my Tige dealer. I think that my local dealer really missed the boat when he went with Supreme, when he may have been able to do Calabria (no pun intended).

This is an 06 Calabria.
Upload
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-22-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
JK (justridin)
I know I love the looks of your boat!!! Any pics of the wake? How is the wake? What would you compare the wake to size and shape wise?
Old     (hyperlite7572)      Join Date: May 2005       08-22-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
the back end actually looks like the X-2. It has the SAME lines. The platform is pointed, alonge with the transom, just like the X-2, and the gel-coat lines on the back on the sides are the same as the Maristar 200.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
JK,

How's the new VisionAir driver's seat? And how about the new access to the underseat storage?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
Wow. That boat is SLICK!
Old    redneckonaboard06            08-22-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
I love the overall look of this boat. I don't care for the graphics though. Sweet boat they did their homework and incorporated all the ideas a consumer wants into one boat (well close anyway). I'd def. rock it.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-22-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Mac,

I have not loaded the boat yet as I wanted to get some break-in hours on it first. Rode it with no weight and the wake was very similar to the 22ve.

Lucky275,

This boat was one of the first production boats. The VisionAir seat and new tower were not yet available. They moved the cooler to behind the drivers seat which improved storage access behind and beneath the observer seat. More storage also as there are no longer ballast tanks in the forward compartments, instead a V-shaped bag goes around the bow under the seats.

It has been a fun week both on the water and towing it back and forth to our shop.
Old    wakeairone            08-22-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
Just had to chime in here. My names Will and I'm the new guy at Capital Water Sports in Rancho Cordova California.(2nd largest tige dealer in the world!!! Not a bad 1st year but soon to be number 1 IMHO) I have been in the industry for years from making wakeboard towers and sales to actually using the products I've sold and made.
Anyways... I'm very happy to see the buzz about the new RZ2. And if anyone would like to check them out in person our first one shows up Thursday 8-24, its only here a couple days but we will have more coming in behind that.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-22-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
Who cares about the seats, how is the wake? Two guys on this board have said they bought one, lets see the wake. I bet in that department this boat is no visionary...or copy of a MC for that matter. Just my opinion...please don't send me hate mail. I owned a Tige for 10 months last year...it was brand new. Sold it because it had to be shipped back to the factory to have it fixed correctly.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-23-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Mike,

I do, thanks. I'm looking at the boat for the whole package. The wake is similar the to the 22ve, as it has close to, or possibly the same running surface.