Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
I was asked to add wiring info to this previous thread...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/343653.html?1153017561

Here's my plan:

plan

Here's my switch wiring:

switch
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-16-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
I have a couple of questions...
1 Isn't that a DPDT switch?
2. Is 7 to 5 (positive) correct or should it be 7 to 2 (neg)? I have seen where others have wired it this way (7 to 2) or at least said they did.
Thanks in advance.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
1) Yes, I think it is a DPDT.
2) Many combinations can work but I have my doubts about 7 to 2.

If 7 == 2 == GND, then the FILL light will come on only when PWR is on 1 which requires the switch to be in the EMPTY postiion.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-16-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
you have hose between the hull cut through and the cut off valve. Sounds like you're relying a lot on that piece of hose.

Perhaps metal pipe between the cut through and the valve.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
Ya, Craig, a valve was a tough fit. Plus, the motor has the same connections. So, I just added to existing risk.
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-17-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
AAHHHH...terminal 7 is the NEG for the switch lighting..me thins you pretty much leave it out of the wiring scheme except to hook a ground wire to it...

The remainder of your diagram is good to go
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-17-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Wes, I know this works. 7 can be GND or PWR its doesn't matter. If you like 7 to be GND then you need to swap 2 with 5 and 3 with 6. This way the fill/empty lights are correct.
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-17-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
I was thinking about the SPDT I used for my aerator system where the "spare" terminal is ALWAYS ground...in fact my switch worked such that if you pushd the "upper" part of the switch for "fill" let's say, it was the LOWER termianl that was actually "powered up" - at least that's how I remember it....
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-22-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
BTW, I will be moving my switches from under the seat. Its too much of a pain to get under there for wake/surf reconfiguring. So, now, I need to think about longer high power wires OR relays. I may just put the switches on a near side panel to avoid having to do the relay deal.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-22-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
That was the one comment I was gonna make on this thread; when I put the first system in my current boat a few years ago, I had my switches mounted under the back seat for about one outing. :-) Nice clean system, Dane. Did you get the collapsing hose problem fixed?

EDIT - Nevermind on the collapsing question... I read to the end of your other thread.

(Message edited by trace on August 22, 2006)