Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
Audiobahn is one of the few companies making 6 X 9 speakers rated to 200 watts rms and also have a 6 X 9 with a small horn as the tweeter. Just wanted to know if anyone has heard or had any experience with these as I think my polk momos are toast, tweeter or crossover I believe, am checking with a meter shortly? AMS69N DUB269 or ACS2093N
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-15-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
I have 4 of the marine 6x9's with horns. They are a two way speaker that can get soaking wet and still work with no problems. I am giving them 150 RMS each and I can hear every word while boarding and skiing. The horns arn't like your HLCD stuff that are in many pro audio systems but they do help to dispurse the sound "out" and not just straight behind the boat.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Patrick what amp are you driving them with and what about the sound quality? The marines look pretty good and I do like the fact that they have the horns instead of regular tweats.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
They are not true horns from what I have been told
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-16-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
I bought the 6.5s a while back and the quality was horrible. One of the tweeters came broken and the mesh on the grills fall off
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Anyone else have any experience with these? What about good or bad experiences with infinity kappa 6X9's or Kicker 6X9's?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-23-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
Manny, mine sound much better then my old sony explode tower speakers, and just as good as the pioneer 3-ways that are in my car. I think the sound quality is amazing and would hold up to any high end 6x9 out on the market.

Bob, I am powering them with a 2-channel RF amp, its a p6002 IIRC??? The speakers are ran in parallel so the amp is seeing a 2 ohm load.