Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (PtownNate)      Join Date: Aug 2019       01-11-2020, 5:16 PM Reply   
Hi, I’m planning to buy my first boat within the year. Would like to stay under $40k. I’m 34yo with 3 kids (2,4,6). I went wake boarding a lot as a teen and in my 20’s, but not since having kids. I want them to grow up with the same great boating memories I had. I’ve never surfed, however I’m sure it’s going to be a big part of my boating experience as it is right up my alley. I have not ruled any boats out, after a lot of research, the versatility and price of the Sanger v215 seem most appealing. I’m also interested in a 2017+ Yamaha 212X due to the interior layout and swim deck for the kids. (Also 2017, WakeBoost became available). I realize it won’t surf as well, but my goal (now at least) is to be comfortable going ropeless and carve up and down the wave. I’m 6’4” 200#, not exactly a nimble dude built to shred. Plus, i plan to get fatter and less athletic.
Spending $40k on a 10+ year old boat is proving to be a hard pill to swallow, which is where the Yamaha came more into play.
I’m not big on bells / whistles and latest tech. I want reliable, sturdy, built to last. I live in So Cal, I plan to use mostly at the Parker strip, havasu, needles, nacimiento, with some delta trips thrown in. The yamaha is also appealing as the river is shallow in places and may ease some tension as I get reacquainted with the water.
I’d appreciate any constructive or non-constructive advice/criticism.
Thanks