Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       07-30-2017, 4:34 PM Reply   
Ok
So I bought a 2016 RZR last October. Spend the whole past season trying, test driving, make appontement with all boat dealers near us, tried the more Friends boat as possible And make sure I really made the best choice for me. Ended up with a 2016 RZR. Loved the wake, really. I'm surfing since 10years ago so I really wanted something to surf with in my size restriction.
Tried all 2016 Moomba helix, Axis A20, mastercraft ntx20, Malibu vtx20, SAN g21.
No MBsport or centurion dealers at this time. But now the nearest and biggest boat dealer who was a Moomba/Supra/SuperAirNautique is now Centurion too.

Really I loved tigé.. boat quality is remarquable, vinyl everything and looks really good. Surf wave and technology for a 20footer is insane too. And after testing all these model the rzr was my favorite.
But always have trouble.. I am the only one with à Tige on the lake and the only one who not surfing.. maybe that's why! Got a Moomba for 10years and only had 1 issue, got to change the gas pump at his 8th years. Change it at my dock take couple hours and back on track.
Now my boat made more miles on the road than on the water -.- really should've bought this new camaro 1LE haha just kidding..
but the boat is new 28hours and the third times I have to lift it out the lake.
That meens - 3 times paying "lake dropping fees"
- 3 time 2hour road trip to the dealer
- another week without the boat that à paid a bouncy of money for it.
So no boating at all in his first season! Wtf? Could'nt imagine un 5years..

So back to my question.. really thinking to exchange it, no matter the money I loose or the little more the next boat will cost me BUT surely gonna be more reliable and won't be the only one without surfing on summer and the only one neighbors yelling sell this ****ty toy and bought a real boat lol..
Now my situation gave me space for a 21' and really big changes in 2017 for the whole boating industry
So I was thinking about :
- G21
- Ri217
- vlx21
What's your thoughts about them? Pos and cons, etc.
I tested all 3 but just few hour.. that don't really help me on " reliability" !

Loved the g21, could not bought it last year cause I couldn't had more than 20footer..
Seems hi priced too. But now could have a great deal on 2016 leftover
Ri217, man this boat is a Beast. Tried it few weeks ago and damn.. really amazed me. But I really don't know this brand, never had any dealer here or any centurion or supreme boat here either.
Malibu is Malibu, 75% of wake boats here are wakesetter. Always looks good and never seen any neighbors complaining either. Already tried few vlx cause it have plenty on the lake. But I'm not "in love " with theses boats.. maybe it's because every friend of mine on the lake have one haha.
But i know for sure that Malibu made his name here for something and never saw someone had trouble like me.
Axis really don't loved them, when I tried it last summer was disappointing..
Moomba is the other 25%. All boats on the lake are Moomba's or bu's
Really love Moomba too, like I said had one for 10years. Love their reliability too. Really well built for the price. tried the craz of one neighbor but too long for me. Maybe a mondo could be good but you know when I changed for a tige it was because I wanted something more for surfing. So I wasn't really looking at the same brand and when I tried the helix it confirmed my thought on not going with Moomba again haha..
Never tried Supra' sai that can be an option if they have a 21footer!

Would be glad to hear your thoughts and opinion or other recommendation maybe.
Thanks!

my god sorry this thing is so ****ing long LOL.

Last edited by Mike88; 07-30-2017 at 4:36 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-30-2017, 4:52 PM Reply   
If you're looking at just surfing the G21 and Ri217 are the way to go. These boats are designed to plow water and make huge wakes/waves. If you're wanting to wakeboard and surf out of those I'd say go with the G21.

If you're looking for a great all around boat that you can wakeboard, surf, and ski behind, I'd seriously consider the GS20/22.

Aside from the rare defective part I haven't heard any complaints about the nautiques from all my friends that own them.
Old     (Chugh2surf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-30-2017, 5:49 PM Reply   
I would say go ri217. The centurions are on a whole new level when it comes to surfing.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-30-2017, 8:55 PM Reply   
If you are gonna switch, Centurion all day. They don't have a ton of market share now, but IMO will the fastest growing brand in next few years. Simply cannot beat the RI series and the new FI that just came out for 2018 looks pretty sweet too. Of all the big brands, you hear of the least issues with them on major components. PCM is also a great engine. All boat brands are gonna have some issues, its a hand built product...its how the issues are taken care of that sets them apart. I can say first hand that warranty on Centurion is first class, period!
If you want a boat with bugs worked out, don't buy brand new....buy a 1-2yr old boat with 100-150hrs. You still get benefit of warranty....but any issues have already been addressed and anything you run into should be fairly minor if boat was maintained well. Plus you don't take as big a hit on depreciation.