Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (jeventures)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-09-2013, 7:53 PM Reply   
Who's going? Thinking about making the drive from Nashville.

http://www.tntwatersports.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/386405164804174/
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       07-10-2013, 5:21 AM Reply   
There is a decent sized crew of us coming up Friday from Huntsville, AL. I haven't been to Wakefest in a few years so this location will be interesting, but I've heard lots of good things about it last year. I will miss having Downtown Nashville to party at though.
Old     (jeventures)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-11-2013, 7:47 AM Reply   
Where are you guys staying? I'm sending out feelers to see if I can get a few people together. Do you think there will be any decent water somewhere on the lake to ride in the mornings or is it too packed? Trying to decide whether to bring a hang-out boat or a wake boat.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2013, 7:52 AM Reply   
I'll be there on Sunday afternoon. Anyone know how long the event lasts on the final day?
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       07-11-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeventures View Post
Where are you guys staying? I'm sending out feelers to see if I can get a few people together. Do you think there will be any decent water somewhere on the lake to ride in the mornings or is it too packed? Trying to decide whether to bring a hang-out boat or a wake boat.
My crew was lucky enough to get a few cabins at Pates Ford Marina, but I think they are all booked. You might get lucky at Center Hill Lodge. If not, then McMinnvile or Cookville have some places to stay maybe. That is my biggest gripe about Center Hill compared to Old Hickory is there just isn't many places to stay close by.

As water goes I'm hoping there is some good water to be had Friday, but I don't see much riding done by anyone but contestants Sat. or Sun. I guess one could go up/down river some to find decent water. I just don't know having never been on Center Hill before.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       07-11-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
I'll be there on Sunday afternoon. Anyone know how long the event lasts on the final day?
Only Outlaw and Pro divisions ride Sunday, so I don't see it going past 3 unless they start really late.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
Doubt I will make it then. Check in at my cabin is 3.
Old     (jeventures)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-16-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
We are thinking about getting a few friends together and camping out on the lake...pending the weather forecast.
Old     (blacksk8er703)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-16-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
New to this whole wakeboarding scene. Pretty interested in going. I'm a new wakeskater probably the only black one lol. But I'm going to meet some cool people. I'm from va n ive been going to Smith mountain lake, crazy nice place.

Never been to a wake event before, do they get crazy?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (jeventures)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-19-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
Well Jamal...I'll likely be the only guy in a 20 year old I/O. Hopefully I don't get turned away! See you all on the lake!
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-19-2013, 1:48 PM Reply   
About to roll that way now, 9 deep. Its going to be great time.
Old     (jeventures)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-27-2013, 8:40 AM Reply   
A few shots from the event: http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/201...watersports-2/