Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-09-2012, 6:29 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever put a trim tab on their x star?

i run almost 6000 lbs of ballast in my 2005 xstar with an 8.1l engine and it gets on plane pretty good with 4 people, but the boat has a ton of bow rise when planing out and i feel like it could handle the weight a bit better with a tab.

just wondering if anyone has ever done it and if maybe you would have pics
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-09-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=49902

saw this today
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-09-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
heres my advice to you if you do it: make sure that you mount in such a way that it is above the bottom leading line of the transom AND that the actuator is pulling the trim tab at an upward angle or you would really f@#k your wake over. 2 friends have x-25's. one the trim tab is mounted along the bottom and the wake is SUPER flat in comparison the other friends whose wake is huge and peaky. BE CAREFUL!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-09-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Or you could just move some of that weight over to Billy's Z3 and be done with it.

JK. I agree with simplej. Keep the bottom of the trim plate above the bottom of the hull and make sure you have enough range on the ram that the plate can move up enough that it does not affect the wake once on plane.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-09-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
Or you could just move some of that weight over to Billy's Z3 and be done with it.

JK. I agree with simplej. Keep the bottom of the trim plate above the bottom of the hull and make sure you have enough range on the ram that the plate can move up enough that it does not affect the wake once on plane.
lol i really dont want to compare the xstar wake size with the z3... we all know which boats wake is bigger and better.

and ya im probably gonna try it out. il just remove it if the wake turns out bad
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-09-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
I thought the z3 wake looked pretty huge!

Although the star is the star...
Good luck!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-09-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
Yeah but think of all the gas money you'd save and after a good set you could wind down with a good surf set behind the Z3. We all know how much you like wakesurfing.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-09-2012, 9:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I thought the z3 wake looked pretty huge!

Although the star is the star...
Good luck!
I'd love to see 6K in a Z3. I wonder how much they are running in tomorrow in the Tige MyWake finals for men's pro?

Good luck with it J.B. It looks like the guy on the MC forum had good luck with his. I'd want more range out of it though. It looked like his plate would not get down low enough to make a huge difference and definitely not high enough to get out of the way.

I know its a completely different hull design but for reference you can see where my TAPS plate is all the way down:

Here it is in the highest position:
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
I did that instal on my X-Star. TJ is right there isn,t a lot of movement on the lenco trim actuator.
The X-star already has a large delta pad . i can,t get it higher without some adjustments on the actuator bracket.
IMO a slightly negative angel on the trimplate would be enough for the X star and altough it is just 1 cm above the waterline it still has just a little drag.
I have not noticed any change in the wake or it,s shape,...but then again it was a little choppy on our test run.

all in all it has potential but it has to be fine tuned a litlle.