Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2010, 9:22 PM Reply   
Need some advise guys...
lookin to buy a new watch, currently have an Analog Freestyle i wear casual and to the lake and a Blue Nixon Rubber player I wear when I need to look fly

Would like to get something to where casual and to the lake, something thats Tough.

I was sold on the blue G-Shock Riseman
http://www.amazon.com/G-Shock-Mens-W.../dp/B003IATUS2
But right before I pulled the trigger I figured out that it is not the one that automatically syncs up with the atomic clock. I can get a black one that does sync up (not quite as cool/unique) but still sick because it has altimeter, barometer, and temp...plus the thing is tough as all hell.

Any other recommendations? I have a small wrist so Id like to keep it kinda small to medium face size.

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 08-08-2010 at 9:29 PM.
Old    alanp            08-09-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
look at the vestal and nixon lines. should have something. also the g shocks are good. however i had to replace the battery in one 3 times.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Watch whiskymilitia.com They usually blow out a watch a day.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-09-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Watch whiskymilitia.com They usually blow out a watch a day.
will do. got a sick pair of DC's last week. Love whiskey haha. they used to have much better stuff a few years back.

I think im gonna go with the G shock riseman, either the BLUE without atomic clock sync or the BLACK one with the atomic clock sync.

Think it matters if my watch auto syncs with the atomic clock so its always perfect?
http://www.amazon.com/G-Shock-Mens-W.../dp/B003IATUS2
or
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-GW9200-1...1373373&sr=1-1
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
I say plunk down for a Chanel J12 Marine you'll love yourself for it.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-10-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
rockwell watches are the shizzz
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2010, 1:44 AM Reply   
Ended up getting that blue casio G shock Riseman....Its freakin awesome. Only issue, when you dive in at the lake and swim deep, it makes the barometer read incorrectly untill it re adjusts itself (makes sense since the pressure would be much greater)
all in all, i dig it, and wasnt too expensive.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2010, 5:53 AM Reply   
Bell and Ross
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Suunto X10
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
I just kinda went thru this myself. Found I've been wearing my workout watches more than anything. Polar and Nike watches don't cut it for a night out or at work some of the time, so I've ordered a Panerai Luminor Marina for nicer occasions and a Nixon Revolver for the rest of the time. Never heard of Nixon until there was an other thread here with them listed. Really dig on a lot of their styles. Some of the Rockwell's look killer too. But on the ones I like of their's, I don't like how prominent the logo is.