Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
Last year, I posted the attached messages before the superbowl. Part of me wonders the same thing about the Patriots. Will the PATs be able to stand up to the LOB? If the LOB is actually hurt, then the PATs are super lucky. If the HAWKs are playin possum then the PATs are in trouble. So, IMO, the fate of the game is with the Seattle defense -- if the Seattle Defense is on fire, the game if over, Otherwise, it will be a close and interesting game.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
It's a win win for Seattle. If they really are hurt and lose, they have their excuse. If they win, they can say they won despite their injuries. It's the element of surprise. No one knows their true condition. Well played...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-31-2015, 9:40 AM Reply   
You 49er guys really should want the Hawks to win. I asked my 49er fan friends who seem to want the Hawks to lose as much as you guys this question last night.

What is worse for you as a 49er fan? A Hawks repeat and keeping the Lombardi in the NFC West or 4 rings for Brady placing him equal with Montana in discussions for GOAT?

Think about it.....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
You 49er guys really should want the Hawks to win. I asked my 49er fan friends who seem to want the Hawks to lose as much as you guys this question last night.

What is worse for you as a 49er fan? A Hawks repeat and keeping the Lombardi in the NFC West or 4 rings for Brady placing him equal with Montana in discussions for GOAT?

Think about it.....
That's a legit question. I can only answer for myself. As a former sort-of fan of Seattle, I was forced to never root for them again once I saw all of the cheating combined with the disproportionate amount of arrogance once they started winning. I mean, it's one thing to be excited for your team and all but, the team and their fans took it too far and still are. Add a sprinkle of Sherman to the mix and that makes it even worse. Im calling it the cheater bowl. The list is so long..... I'm sure others can add more.

As far as Brady and his SB wins, that's a tough one. I know he's always said he's been a Montana fan since childhood. All in all, it doesn't matter who we root for. There's no impact on the game.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
And trust me. I'm holding my nose while rooting for NE.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 1:05 PM Reply   
I should also mention that people don't forget a sore winner. That's a lengthy sentance of nationwide anger they earned themselves.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 1:25 PM Reply   
Not to beat a dead horse.... You gotta trudge through a mile of cheating/scandal before you ever talk about Brady in the same sentence as GOAT.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2015, 2:20 PM Reply   
Jerry is the GOAT. Montana was great. 4 wins in 4 superbowls. Brady winning 4 of 6 will put him in the conversation. No bother. He belongs in the conversation. So, I have no problem with a PAT win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2015, 4:45 PM Reply   
I would never root for another NFC East team in the Super Bowl. I can't imagine a 49ers fan rooting for Seattle to win. I would rather pull for Brady and the Patriots who I feel will be totally absolved of guilt in the deflate gate media story.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-31-2015, 6:36 PM Reply   
I'm gonna go ahead and pick Seattle for tomorrow's game. Shocking I know

The defense is gonna be on fire!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2015, 10:55 PM Reply   
I predict a solid Seattle win but I am hoping for a Patriot win in a close game.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2015, 11:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and pick Seattle for tomorrow's game. Shocking I know

The defense is gonna be on fire!
Hey that's right! No one here has made any pick! Of course I'll pick the Pats 27-24.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-01-2015, 8:23 AM Reply   
Today's the day!! All the smack talk finally comes to a close. All the predictions, all the stats, all the "facts", all the opinions will finally be realized. For the Seahawk fans on here, this is our day to grab a piece of NFL history. BACK 2 BACK. RE-PETE. DYNASTY.
For all the hawk haters, it's a day to realize you wish you were us. And for some it's a day to go buy a new Russell Wilson jersey.

So pumped for this game, this team, this city!! GO HAWKS!!

Gameday prediction: Hawks vs Pats - Hawks! Hawks! Hawks!

BTW: NFL reporting Lynch is about to sign a huge contract keeping him in Seattle for the rest of his days!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2015, 8:54 AM Reply   
^^^ Great. Now you only have three more to go to measure up to the Cowboys, Niners etc. Can't remember if the Cowboys ever won back to back though...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
You have the Seahawks to win the Superbowl. I have every other team in the NFL to win the Superbowl.If I win you change your screen name to "Russell Wilson sucks I love Tony Romo". If I lose you pick your poison.Then we choose the losers profile picture.
We can't forget this. The outcome of this bet will be like icing on the cake, regardless of the SB winner.

Last edited by markj; 02-01-2015 at 9:10 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2015, 1:52 PM Reply   
New England 38 Seattle 21 that's my prediction. Tom Brady MVP. Both Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner get to catch passes from Russell Wilson. The LOB turns into the LOE. Legion of Excuses.Darren gets to buy a new jersey and gets to post a new profile picture with his new screen name.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2015, 5:38 PM Reply   
Pretty exciting first half.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-01-2015, 7:01 PM Reply   
you mad bro?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2015, 7:02 PM Reply   
why throw?
run run run
game over
arg
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-01-2015, 7:04 PM Reply   
Holy loser thugs!!
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-01-2015, 7:10 PM Reply   
Doh! Legion of whoops!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 7:11 PM Reply   
We get to spend the next nine months wondering why we didn't hand the ball to Marshawn... Congrats to the Pats. They simply out played us when it mattered.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-01-2015, 7:13 PM Reply   
How do you explain the fight at the end though? I haven't seen a team pull that sore loser crap in my adult life.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 7:18 PM Reply   
Though I REALLY DISLIKE both teams & hoped both would lose, went in hoping for a GREAT GAME and maybe leaning towards the Seahawks due to Turbs and Wags. But I told my daughter, as the game goes, I'm sure I'll get a feel for who I want, just how I start feeling/cheering. Well, after asshat Sherman started with the 24 finger touchdown doucheness, I was all in for the Pats.

Was sick with that late catch and then loved the pick, though too bad it wasn't Revis....

Feel bad for Wilson, Turbs and Wags, but meh....they have rings.

Great game!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
How do you explain the fight at the end though? I haven't seen a team pull that sore loser crap in my adult life.
Same chit, different day for the Seahawks....that's their MO.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Today's the day!! All the smack talk finally comes to a close. All the predictions, all the stats, all the "facts", all the opinions will finally be realized. For the Seahawk fans on here, this is our day to grab a piece of NFL history. BACK 2 BACK. RE-PETE. DYNASTY.
For all the hawk haters, it's a day to realize you wish you were us. And for some it's a day to go buy a new Russell Wilson jersey.

So pumped for this game, this team, this city!! GO HAWKS!!

Gameday prediction: Hawks vs Pats - Hawks! Hawks! Hawks!

BTW: NFL reporting Lynch is about to sign a huge contract keeping him in Seattle for the rest of his days!!
Want a do-over?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2015, 7:26 PM Reply   
I'm convinced the Cowboy's coaches called in that pass play...and Romo threw the ball.

sorry, that was to easy.....and I'm a Cowboy's fan
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-01-2015, 7:29 PM Reply   
thats what you call a choke job, Pete Carroll, choked. no ifs ands or buts. he flat out choked. slant pass? from the 1? when you have marshawn lynch? dumb, dumb, dumb. I wonder if this makes marshawn change his mind about a deal now? hahaha.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 7:36 PM Reply   
Pete didn't choke....? He didn't throw the pick? I don't like the OC's call there, but that's not a Pete choke....

Oh, by the way....

Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-01-2015, 7:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Pete didn't choke....? He didn't throw the pick? I don't like the OC's call there, but that's not a Pete choke....

Oh, by the way....

You sir, win at the internet.

/End Thread
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
Appears Russell Wilsons' God was looking out for the other team today....strange, I have yet to hear him mention it.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-01-2015, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Appears Russell Wilsons' God was looking out for the other team today....strange, I have yet to hear him mention it.
Hahahaha.

Funny how that deity is never mentioned when they lose....
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2015, 8:13 PM Reply   
Watching Sherman's sadness brought great joy to the world.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2015, 8:15 PM Reply   
Pete in his interviews has been impressive, not sure I'd have that composure or tact. I raise my drink to him, impressive.
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-01-2015, 8:18 PM Reply   
eat s*&! seattle, couldnt have wished for a better ending to that game. i hope that now you delusional *******s can stop talking about the dynasty that isnt going to happen. youre going to be "less infamous?" than the early 90's bills, and thats not saying much, please stop talking, everybody is tired of hearing it.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-01-2015, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I'm convinced the Cowboy's coaches called in that pass play...and Romo threw the ball.

sorry, that was to easy.....and I'm a Cowboy's fan

That moment when you realize Katy Perry has played in more Super Bowls than Tony Romo..

And I'm a Cowboys fan!

Great game though. Glad to see Brady get his 4th. Bad play call and clutch pick! Loved seeing Sherman's immediate cry face after talking that 24 crap.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2015, 8:35 PM Reply   
#1seacockfan I'm so happy the most ghetto team in the NFL becides the Raiders lost the Stupid Bowl. Ghetto A$$
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2015, 8:38 PM Reply   
Buh bye seahawks! Holy cow! I called the game 27-24. I only missed by one point! Bow down Seattle fans!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-01-2015, 9:07 PM Reply   
Congratulations to the Patroits. They played a great game.

I cant understand why we didn't give it to Marshawn. We'll give you 10M but not the ball on the goal line. WTF... We f**ked ourselves.

Go Hawks!!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-01-2015, 10:36 PM Reply   
Congrats Bobby. I'll be looking for a Romo jersey tomorrow.
Congrats Pats. Well played.

Loving all the haters coming out of the woodwork. Where were you guys during the season?

Get used to seeing the Hawks in the big game. We will be here for a while.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 12:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Hello??? EXACTLY what I've been saying all along. Sore winner=sore loser. Seattle is the least sportsmanlike team of all time. Now they and all of their idiotic bandwagon fans can just suck it! There are so many morals to this story.....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 12:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Hahahaha.

Funny how that deity is never mentioned when they lose....
Wow. I feel bad for both of you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 12:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Congrats Bobby. I'll be looking for a Romo jersey tomorrow.
Congrats Pats. Well played.

Loving all the haters coming out of the woodwork. Where were you guys during the season?

Get used to seeing the Hawks in the big game. We will be here for a while.
Atta boy! Way to man up! Looking forward to laughing some more. I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll be seeing the pigeons in the post season.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 12:30 AM Reply   
Does anyone else have the feeling that Choke Wilson was hangin out with Kaepernick recently?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2015, 3:51 AM Reply   
Damnit. Well, if we had to lose I'm glad it was to Brady and company, he's truly one of the all time greats. Hell of a game though. Thought we had it after "the catch 2.0", but not to be.

I'll eat crow for any Patriot fans here......

All the rest of you bandwagon "I hate the Hawks" toolbags can suck it...... We will be back soon. Unlike Romo and Kraep, who will toil in 3rd or 4th place mediocrity for years to come.
Old     (iwndr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-02-2015, 4:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hello??? EXACTLY what I've been saying all along. Sore winner=sore loser. Seattle is the least sportsmanlike team of all time. Now they and all of their idiotic bandwagon fans can just suck it! There are so many morals to this story.....
Yeah I do not think I've ever seen a team start a fight in a SB right after they choked... But at least the Patriots won that too.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-02-2015, 4:20 AM Reply   
Perfect example of two teams doing an excellent job of self destructing. Although I'm mot a fan of either team I'm glad Brady got his forth.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-02-2015, 4:26 AM Reply   
Check out the 1:02 mark in this video. This wasn't Russell's first rodeo. Go Pats! Go Pirates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBLdZb52Fc
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2015, 4:30 AM Reply   
Congratulations to both teams. That was the best Superbowl ever. Both teams gave it their all the whole game. I was shopping for my pink jersey already......but it is never over til it is over. I want to congratulate the Seahawks on an all out effort. This will be my last post in the smack talking thread, but I may lurk occasionally for the smiles. Enjoyed all the time with you guys, but this was a tough season emotionally.....wishing you all the best.....sincerely Seattle Seahawks #1 Fan OUT!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2015, 5:19 AM Reply   
Class post, Bobby. You are a first class smack talker, for sure, but I admire your passion for the game. I agree, one of the best Super Bowls ever.

Look forward to picking up the smack for 2015!

Romo has a couple years left, maybe we get a Hawks/Cowboys playoff game before he hangs me up.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2015, 5:20 AM Reply   
Hangs "them" up.....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2015, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. I feel bad for both of you.
No need to feel bad for me, Mark. I'd prefer you use that energy elsewhere.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Congratulations to both teams. That was the best Superbowl ever. Both teams gave it their all the whole game. I was shopping for my pink jersey already......but it is never over til it is over. I want to congratulate the Seahawks on an all out effort. This will be my last post in the smack talking thread, but I may lurk occasionally for the smiles. Enjoyed all the time with you guys, but this was a tough season emotionally.....wishing you all the best.....sincerely Seattle Seahawks #1 Fan OUT!
No way that's your last post. Darren hasn't even gotten his jersey or new screen name yet!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-02-2015, 9:49 AM Reply   
That was a pretty exciting game at the finish! We'll never know if Lynch could have gotten it in or not, I wish he did because I really dislike the Patriots! LOL! I was really pulling for a safety there but Brady got them to jump so that didn't happen either. Great performance by both teams. Love the meme's that are coming out from the game. Especially like the one where the Seahawk is checking the football for air.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hey where's Hate? Did he already jump off the bandwagon?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2015, 10:27 AM Reply   
Only the Pats fans have room to talk trash, all you haters, where did your team end up???? We will gladly take second best! due to a idiotic coach calling the pass play. See you next year in Santa Clara! Congrats to N.E BTW...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
cwb4me, Thanks for the thumbs up, That was a classy last post, this year was emotionally draining for sure!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2015, 10:48 AM Reply   
Nothing more amusing than being told when you can/can't trash talk & who you're allowed to talk trash on....

Well, there really are more amusing things, but I'm getting a kick out of it....
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-02-2015, 11:40 AM Reply   
What an amazing season.

For the second year in a row, I got to watch my squad play football in February. Something most of you guys only get to say because you switched teams after yours went out... and you picked the only other team left that wasn't Seattle. Good for you. You feel good today because a team you hate lost. If you're into weird consolation prizes then this was a successful season for you.

A second ring would have been amazing... and I fit right on with the rest of the world in thinking we would have gotten it if they had handed off to Marshawn one or two more times. But whatever... it's done. See you next year... and next February.

As always, Go Hawks.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2015, 11:51 AM Reply   
Talking trash when your team didn't even make the big dance, is even more amusing, everyone knows that that win was a gift to the Pats!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-02-2015, 12:00 PM Reply   
For what its worth...(I had to run down the street in my underwear in -20 weather as a result of a friendly bet), i don't really care about either team but wanted to bet against a big Patriots fan.

This is the most persuasive defense of Pete Carroll's decision to throw that pass

The Seattle Seahawks had the ball last night. They were down four points with less than 30 seconds left in the game, on second down, on the Patriot's two-yard line. They also had the best running back in the game, Marshawn Lynch, on their team. The obvious thing to do in that scenario is to try to run the football into the end zone. Instead, the Seahawks tried to pass, and the Patriots intercepted the pass — costing the Seahawks the game.

Since hindsight is 20/20, the call has been roundly condemned by observers of the game. What was Seattle coach Pete Carroll possibly thinking?

Most likely, he was thinking this:

An incomplete pass stops the game clock. An unsuccessful run does not. A timeout also stops the clock, and Seattle only had one timeout left. So if the Seahawks had run on second down and failed to get a touchdown, they would have had to call timeout.

Now, it's third down, and they have no timeouts left. So if they run on third and fail, the game is over. But if they pass on third and fail, the clock will stop, and they can run another play. So they basically have to pass on third, and the New England defense knows they have to pass.

By contrast, if you throw on second down and fail, the clock stops. Now it's third down, and you still have your time out. That means you could run on third, fail, and use the timeout to stop the clock and run another play on fourth down. That means New England has to defend against both the pass and the run, which puts Seattle in a more advantageous strategic position than they would be had they run and failed.

Obviously, this line of thinking didn't work out very well for the Seahawks. And there's a good case to be made that it involves overthinking the situation. You only need two yards, and you've got Lynch, so why not put it in his hands? But if you leave hindsight out of it, you can see the argument on the other side.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Talking trash when your team didn't even make the big dance, is even more amusing, everyone knows that that win was a gift to the Pats!
Hawk haters can talk smack all they want to. That's what this thread is for, knucklehead! If you want to talk about gifts, Seattle was givin a gift when GB laid down and stopped playing after thinking the game was over. Try looking at the stats. (this where we need Robert)The Pats were clearly the superior team.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-02-2015, 2:33 PM Reply   
I don't think I've ever struggled so much over who I want to win (lose) the Super Bowl since I really hate both teams. However, I ended up leaning towards the Pats by the end mostly because Gronk is so fun to watch. However, when the Seachickens started that fight at the end I realized I made the right call. Pats may be cheaters, but at least they do it with class. Great game!

WTF was with Dan Patrick asking Gronk if it was as good as the first time? Does he not know that was Gronk's first Super Bowl win? I love DP, but that was embarrassing.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 3:30 PM Reply   
I'm just thankful there weren't any game changing bad calls by the officials.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-02-2015, 3:39 PM Reply   
I wonder how long they'll wait to reveal the results of their "investigation" into deflategate.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2015, 4:14 PM Reply   
Only stat that counts is the win or lose column, I'm sure you were chitting your pants just before the interception. We lost, and I'm over it, congrats to the NE fans. I am pretty sure we will at least be back in the NFC championship game. BTW any high school quarterback could have made all those short pass plays Brady did. He did nothing spectacular IMO.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-02-2015, 4:27 PM Reply   
That's the other thing that I thought was weird. Why was Brady MVP? Shouldn't they have given that to Edelman? Brady played well, but had two interceptions. Edelman made a lot of key plays. I hate how they automatically hand it to the QB.

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-02-2015 at 4:30 PM.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-02-2015, 4:39 PM Reply   
I agree that Edelman should have been MVP. The loss sucks, and today really sucked at work, but the Hawks will be right at the top next year as well. Also, I'm not so sure the Pats were superior? Hawks lost by 4 and they out gained the Pats in total yardage. As all of you know, sometimes that's just how the ball bounces. Go Hawks!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2015, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I wonder how long they'll wait to reveal the results of their "investigation" into deflategate.
I hope the Pats go down hard for that one.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-02-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
Mark - dont feel bad for me either. I just wish that once, any athlete who thanks god for "helping" them win, can thank god for giving them the ability to compete, even when they lose. I mean crap, why isnt god blamed when they lose? shouldnt they show some appreciation to god for just letting them compete, and make a boatload of money? dont save him for just your victory speeches!

the more I watch the replay, the more I think the Hawks mighta made the right call on throwing the ball on at least one of those downs. I dont agree with the slant route, (although malcom made a damn good read to get that ball, and lit up lockette at the same time). a corner fade mighta been a better call, especially since they had that giant Mathews guy who came outa nowhere yesterday. either way, I woulda ran the ball with Lynch, but Im glad they didnt. although a MVP speech from Lynch would have been absolutely legendary.
Not sure the hawks will be back at the top next year, if Lynch doesnt stick around. I know they were working on a deal, but I could see him being super bitter after the game, and making a rash decision and bolting.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2015, 1:20 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=ttrigo;1903566]Mark - dont feel bad for me either. I just wish that once, any athlete who thanks god for "helping" them win, can thank god for giving them the ability to compete, even when they lose. I mean crap, why isnt god blamed when they lose? shouldnt they show some appreciation to god for just letting them compete, and make a boatload of money? dont save him for just your victory speeches!

Well, it's too bad you don't pay more attention. RW as well as Carr are both out there and open about their faith in any in-depth interviews. Ever notice the prayer circles the chickens form after each game whether they win or lose? Even after getting stomped by the cowgirls this year?

And for the record, I don't recall any football player who ever "thanked God for helping them win" despite what you may have inferred. That would be so stupid if anyone did that and I would blame the person trying to say that for not understanding How God works. The only victory God cares about is the victory over our hearts and souls. Well... Maybe there have been a few ignorant people doing that but, you gotta remember, football is an emotional game. People are pumped up afterwards.

Having said all that, I'd rather yap about the humble pie that Sherman's mama had to serve him.

Last edited by markj; 02-03-2015 at 1:24 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2015, 1:34 AM Reply   
The post-interception crybaby look on Sherman's face was so priceless. All is right in the world now. It would have been out of this world to see Brady holding up his fingers to indicate "28" to the camera.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2015, 1:35 AM Reply   
The post-interception crybaby look on Sherman's face was so priceless. All is right in the world now. It would have been out of this world to see Brady holding up his fingers to indicate "28" to the camera.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2015, 7:11 AM Reply   
I'm still reeling. I can deal with losses and I will this one but that ending was just so painful. We had an amazing season and really put ourselves in position to win that game. I still believe completely that the Hawks are the best team in the NFL and I guess Vegas does too (favorites to win it next year) but this stings.

Bobby you were right there's a lot of people who could use an anti depressants in and around Seattle right about now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2015, 9:49 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=hatepain;1903590]I'm still reeling. I can deal with losses and I will this one but that ending was just so painful. We had an amazing season and really put ourselves in position to win that game.

I just watched SB 47 again. Welcome to my world. Trust me. I know how you Hawks fans feel. At least you're not having to deal with already knowing that your team is gonna be mediocre next year too.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-03-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
Good season regardless. The same guys that everyone is hating on are the ones that got us this far. Now I can concentrate on projects and summers right around the corner. It will be Septemeber again before you know it. Thanks again for a fun season of smack talk fellas.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-06-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
Isn't someone supposed to be buying a new jersey???
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2015, 4:05 PM Reply   
Here's a crazy idea...

Seattle scored 7 starting from their 10 yard line at the end of the first half in less than 30 seconds.

When Seattle had 1st and 10 at the NE 11 yard line with 6 seconds on the clock.

Why not instruct your defense to tackle (hold) every eligible receiver immediately while otherwise focusing on the run? With this, Seattle will get 5 yards or 1/2 the distance but not the time back. Assuming each play would take 5 seconds, Seattle would have made it to the 50 or so at best.
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-06-2015, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Isn't someone supposed to be buying a new jersey???
Working on it. But like Romo I have a hard time completing it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-06-2015, 11:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Working on it. But like Romo I have a hard time completing it.
Hahaha! Good one.