Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (jsells)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-02-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
I am seeking insight and experience. I am considering the purchase of a 2002 Ski Supreme V-Pro Sky. The boat is in great shape--fits our needs, but this make and model are not popular/unknown in Virginia. So, what is the manufacturer's reputation for quality and performance? Where would you put this make and model in the pecking order of dependability? And what can anyone tell me about this particular model?

Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-02-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Hi Jim-

I used to sell ski supreme here in California for about five years. Overall the boat is nice, it is a lot of boat for the money. We did have quite a lot of problems with the floors and the ballast tanks....nothing i couldnt live with though. The Vpro Sky has a lot of room in the cockpit, which is nice. When you have the ballast tanks, like the Sky model does, you lose a lot of storage since they use the hard tanks.

Overall if the price is right then you most likely will be happy with the purchase.....hoe much is the owner asking? Around here in Cali you should be able to buy that boat for $25-28k .

Good luck!
let us know what do.
Old     (jsells)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-02-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Joe thanks, your information is very helpful.
The person is asking 30K OBO.

It has been stored in a boat house. It has 148 HOURS.

can you tell me anything more about the issues with the floor?

Are the problems with the tanks that they take up too much space, or are there function problems--and what evidence should I look for to see if such problems exist with this boat?

Gratefully,
Jim
Old    stillstandin            03-02-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I had a 03, direct drive version. Like Joe said, good boat for the money. I never had any problems. The wake was also good. The vinyl was a little thin, but like I said, never had any issues. I would try to get him down some on the price.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-02-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
we have a 04 v220 sky and all in all it has been a good boat. we also have some issues with the ballast tanks as well. sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. we went around this issue and also run atleast 1k in there at all times.

also, why they do not offer a tank in the middle or bow is beyond me, we have 400-500 lbs up there and it rides/planes out ALOT better. the wakes are a bit narrow so you might have to ride a bit further back but awesome pop. very clean was well.
Old     (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
I have a 98 DD Sky (pic in profile) and for the money i am completely happy.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-02-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
I was just at the Centurian dealer here in town and I was just telling the salesman how I disliked salepeople who put down other peoples products...not 20 seconds later he started bashing on Supremes.......lol the guy at the Supreme dealership never said one bad word about Centurians when it came up........Cracks me up..I like the Supremes the grapshics this year are really nice.
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
That is funny that a Centurian dealer was talking trash about Supreme since both boats are built by Fineline ind. Supreme just puts their own interiors into them. The designs are different but mfg. is the same. We have an 05 220sp and couldn't be happier, the ballast pumps are the only issue I have had. A heavier guage wiring would solve this issue. They just need a little more juice to switch the impellers.
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-02-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
$30k sounds high, but i dont know what boats go for beyond the west coast. I know that you could find one out here for a lot less. Funny how everyone else mentioned ballast problems..honestly i just learned to deal with it. I remember going out on Demos and having them both fill, but just one empty! Damn that was hard to sell! The floors in the boat are made in several different pieces and we used to find that them didnt match up properly and it looked bad and sometimes the floor shifted a little.

Like everyone else said too, it is a good boat for the money. Not the best boat, but not the highest priced either. They do a nice job of in hull gel coat graphics. Oh, the towers maybe a little wobbly, but once again if the boat is in good shape you will be happy.

Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-02-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
I have an 05' 220sp sky and I'm very happy with the boat, like everyone else mentioned you get alot of boat for the money. I have not had any problems and always get compliments on how nice it looks on the water. (check out pic in my profile)
Old     (tantrum916)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-03-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Midwesty,
I have same boat no floor tank because your fuel thank is a lot longer on the vdrive model and there is a bulk head at the open bow area under the floor board. I've been to the factory and seen them being built. I run sacks under each front seat in the bow.

As for the pumps need to do two things to these water puppy revesable pumps to make them reliable. First take the impeller end plate off and loob the inside of the housing with plummers silicon grease and secondly when you reinstall the plate use a think gasket sealer and do not bolt the plate down too tight and let that gasket material set up. Since I have done this with mine I have had no problems with them. Before that they would bind up all the time.

As for the boat its self I'm very happy with it for its fit and finish as well as performance. We have had a few warranty issues that took way too long to get resolved, but I feel that was more of a miss information from my dealer not Supreme them self.

(Message edited by tantrum916 on March 03, 2006)
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
I will add to the good boat for the $
Like midwesty said to get a good wake, you need to add weight. I run 500 to 600 in the bow and 300 on each side on top of the rear tanks.
Never heard of the floor problems? Ballast issue yeah more so than other boats, but my M/C issues also. Check out my profile pic. My is the same as V-pro sky just no checker board.
P.S. the price sounds to high
G
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
ok...i am actually in the process of redoing all my ballast lines because we seem to have had a nice little rodent that likes only plastic ballast lines and tarp canvas.

if anyone has ever done this, how in the F do you get to the lines where they suck the water in/out?? without pulling the wet exhaust? if you have to pull the exhaust, how do you do it? there are hose clamps but when those are off, it still doesnt want to come apart.

any ideas kids?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
oh ya, what kinda oil and oil filter should i get?
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
I have an 04 V208 Sky and absolutely love the boat. Like everyone else, I have had the ballast pump not come one a time or two. I would attribute that problem to the pumps themselves. I ride with Greg C. alot and we usually put a fat sac in the walk through in the bow and get a nice wake.