Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-13-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'm adding to my stereo in the next few weeks. got a ppi 4125 and a pair of tyrants coming. I also have an extra amp and sub to add to the stock system.

the 2 questions I have is:

- how do I mount the amps? just screw them the to fiberglass on the compartment side of the walkway?
or cut out some carpet, liquid nail in some wood, then screw them to the wood?

- I'm adding a second battery, I'd like to keep it next to the orig battery. Do you get a battery holder to put it in?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-13-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Be carefull mounting the amps especially on the walk thru inside wall. My 01' X-star had a small plate already fiberglassed in right about the fire extinguisher. I was able to fit my sub amp with shallow screws to that. Your better off making an amp rack or fiberglass an attaching plate under the carpet, to increase the thickness, otherwise you may run a screw thru to the otherside.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-13-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
yeah be careful. check how the stock amps are screwed in and what size screw they are using. if this is the first amp then definately add some thickness. you can never be to safe when dealing with your gelcoat.

yeah get another battery holder like the stock one is in. they have them at West Marine and most marine stores.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
I have an 02 X-Star. Would it be safe to mount an amp on the hull side of the passenger compartment?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-13-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
i would not mount on the hull side on less there is some wood to mount it to.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
DJ,

Take a look at this link of the install for my 2001 209. SoundIllusions made brackets that mounted to the sidewall of the boat. This might give you some ideas. I am not sure how similar our boats are, so this may not be relevant.

http://www.soundillusionsaudio.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Jasons-209&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=vie w_album.php&page=1
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-14-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
thanks for the input.
Jason, that install is nuts!!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-15-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
ok, next set of questions.

if you look in the clarion ipod thread, you will see that I cannot hook up an ipod to the clarion deck that I have. I need to find a deck that will fit into the glove box, have aux inputs, and that will work with my wired remote (clarion m101rc)

The easiset solution would be to get an xmd3, but I dont think the 1 1/2 din faceplate will fit. Is there a way to not use the waterproof casing on an xmd3? the unit itself is a single din.

Otherwise, I need to find a deck/wired remote combination where the wired remote will fit into a 2" hole.

The last idea, is to add an eq with an aux in, but where would I mount something like that?

Any Ideas?