Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-14-2017, 3:03 PM Reply   
The problem is, we have a guy that has always done whatever the hell he wants now in a position where he cannot do whatever the hell he wants.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
The problem is, we have a guy that has always done whatever the hell he wants now in a position where he cannot do whatever the hell he wants.
That's a big part of his ineffectiveness. The dude was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run (and inexplicably so do some here)
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-14-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
How frozen out does Pence feel, now that it's revealed that white house knew about Flynn's misstatements for weeks before the VP was advised? Ouch.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 3:55 PM Reply   
I think Pence knew he'd be a sideshow right up until the repubs get around to tossing Trump out. They'd love to have him in the top seat as long as they can do it without too much outrage from the crazy trumpets.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-14-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
which is prolly why Trump has him on the periphery? I mean I'm sure Trump watched house of cards.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 4:19 PM Reply   
Almost as good as quoting Grant back to himself:
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-14-2017, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
I agree. Hope he learns to play the game.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-14-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
While I can hear all the chest thumping and tents being pitched down low by the left regarding Flynn , they are rallying over a simple lie( which I am not sure I even believe happened yet as there has been zero evidence and quite frankly what does any of this mean? And what's the point behind it. Was this one last f u by the left on their way out??????

You al ever heard of chicago politics. The reason Pence was kept out. "Plausible deniability ". Easy as that

In the mean time
http://www.independentsentinel.com/o...dency-unfolds/
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-14-2017, 6:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
While I can hear all the chest thumping and tents being pitched down low by the left regarding Flynn , they are rallying over a simple lie( which I am not sure I even believe happened yet as there has been zero evidence and quite frankly what does any of this mean? And what's the point behind it. Was this one last f u by the left on their way out??????

You al ever heard of chicago politics. The reason Pence was kept out. "Plausible deniability ". Easy as that

In the mean time
http://www.independentsentinel.com/o...dency-unfolds/
Independent Sentinel? Sounds like a reputable news source. The one name cited in the piece is a writer from the NY Post. I guess some people will believe anything as long as it allows them to live in total denial of reality. And say that story is true. Why is that any worse then when GOP leaders met after Obama was first elected to come up with a plan to make him a one-term president?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOL! I thought Grant was the king of denial, but I think he's just been one-upped.

"Independent Sentinel" XD
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-14-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Independent Sentinel? Sounds like a reputable news source. The one name cited in the piece is a writer from the NY Post. I guess some people will believe anything as long as it allows them to live in total denial of reality. And say that story is true. Why is that any worse then when GOP leaders met after Obama was first elected to come up with a plan to make him a one-term president?
Believe anything........ Hahahahahahahahahahs hahahahahahahah

You should go back through the pages and reread half the crap you spew and then get back to us.
That was put here simply as bait..........if you think for a second that terriorist is gonna sit back after working so hard to destroy this country from the inside out for the past 8yrs you're crazy. He was bbrought up and paid for his entire political career under the wing of activists . He's not done yet
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:

You should go back through the pages and reread half the crap you spew and then get back to us.
That was put here simply as bait..........if you think for a second that terriorist is gonna sit back after working so hard to destroy this country from the inside out for the past 8yrs you're crazy. He was bbrought up and paid for his entire political career under the wing of activists . He's not done yet
Wow, you are truly delusional. Obama's a terrorist now, LOL
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-14-2017, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:

I'm sure it is all part of his diabolical plan. Coincidence that Obama was with Richard Branson on his "private island" last week? I think not. What good has ever come from a private island? We all know that the world's most dastardly villains inevitably have private islands.

I think you're on to something xstarrider!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-14-2017, 7:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Wow, you are truly delusional. Obama's a terrorist now, LOL
I don't label him that his actions do

Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended – (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

You two do crack me up and have kept this thread entertaining , now he's and evil villain on an island. Hahahahahahaha. Love it.

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-14-2017 at 7:19 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 8:03 PM Reply   
Now if you want to talk about treason and traitors...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...av=top-news&hp
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-14-2017, 8:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now if you want to talk about treason and traitors...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...av=top-news&hp
That story doesn't really connect the dots tho... other than to once again confirm that the intel community doesn't have a lot of love for DJT.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-14-2017, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That story doesn't really connect the dots tho... other than to once again confirm that the intel community doesn't have a lot of love for DJT.
Agreed. They are very clear they haven't made a link yet. Whereas SwatGuy has provided clear, concise evidence of Obama's evil master plan haha
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2017, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
The real point is, Trump knew at least a month ago when the CIA TOLD HIM Flynn had mislead Pence about the call to the Ruskys discussing sanctions. Flynns problem was not lying to pence it was the media finding out Flynn was lying to Pence. Or is this fake news! Dishonest media! Sad! Build the wall! Or something.

This is comedy gold
Check out @TODAYshow's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status...517898240?s=09

Last edited by ralph; 02-14-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: To add comedy gold
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-15-2017, 3:02 AM Reply   
Quote:

Wow. Simply wow. You are worried about some sort of phony plot you read on a far-right website and there is some disturbing $h!t coming directly from the WH. If Obama really wanted to "destroy this country" he'll just let Trump stay his present course.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-15-2017, 6:35 AM Reply   
I am sure there was never any "intent" of wrong doing, therefore nothing to see here folks move along.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       02-15-2017, 6:51 AM Reply   
I stopped reading after this line... "Barack Obama is operating behind the scenes to destroy Republicans and President Trump in particular. He’s setting up a shadow government in D.C. that will operate out of his mansion."

Quote:
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-15-2017, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:

Weren't you the same guy that believed memes about the left fighting to keep their slaves?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-15-2017, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Weren't you the same guy that believed memes about the left fighting to keep their slaves?
Pretty sure he believed all those memes about Obama declaring martial law to stay in office too.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
It's becoming more & more obvious that the reason he won't release his taxes is because they're in good order and there's nothing to hide.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2017, 10:39 AM Reply   
Good morning! Today the President has condemned:

MSNBC
CNN
Hillary
NY Times
Washington Post
FBI
NSA
Obama

He has not condemned:

Russia
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-15-2017, 10:51 AM Reply   
Hillary did warn them that Trump was in Putin's pocket.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-15-2017, 11:05 AM Reply   
He should have condemned the Intel leaker who exposed our capability to the world causing every adversary to scrub their communication methods.

The leakers need to go to jail ASAP.

Trump is such a fool to be so reactive to the media. It just makes him look stupid. He should ignore and marshal along. He is putting his worthy goals of smart trade, secure boarders and beneficial immigration in jeopardy.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-15-2017, 11:11 AM Reply   
The people who voted for such an incompetent man-child put that and a whole lot more in jeopardy. The emperor has no clothes and history is going to remember.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-15-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
He should have condemned the Intel leaker who exposed our capability to the world causing every adversary to scrub their communication methods.

The leakers need to go to jail ASAP.

Trump is such a fool to be so reactive to the media. It just makes him look stupid. He should ignore and marshal along. He is putting his worthy goals of smart trade, secure boarders and beneficial immigration in jeopardy.
Now wait a minute. Trump supporters were singing praises of Assange and WikiLeaks when they were helping him win the presidency, now you want them "jailed"?

Besides, I have a feeling that it is one of Trump's staffers that is doing the "leaking".
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-15-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
All of Trump's aides are "leaking." It's all over the news. Chaos over there. They use the Confide app that deletes messages as soon as they're read. Absolutely hilarious that now all of a sudden Trumpeters care about leaks and not that someone blackmailable by the Russians was allowed to sit on the NSC for weeks. I guess denial is stronger than buyer's remorse.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-15-2017, 12:46 PM Reply   
As if an internal government employee leaking against the president for political reasons is the same as an external phishing hacker sending info to wikileaks. Such a dumb comparison.

If the intel leaker was smarter, he/she would have leaked it through wikileaks for better drama.

Blackmail-able is such a hyperbole. Silly.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-15-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
Irony is not dead. But Trump supporters are burying themselves in it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-15-2017, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
As if an internal government employee leaking against the president for political reasons is the same as an external phishing hacker sending info to wikileaks. Such a dumb comparison.
Both have damning effects.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-15-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Hey LIBS,

Are you actually against legal immigration (vs illegal immigration), border security (vs open borders) and vetted immigration (vs blind acceptance)?
Or, are you simply anti-Trump and being an obstructionist?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-15-2017, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey LIBS,

Are you actually against legal immigration (vs illegal immigration), border security (vs open borders) and vetted immigration (vs blind acceptance)?
Is the only choice to be "for" all of those things if you think Trump is going about it the wrong way?

Nobody is "pro" illegal immigration (AFAIK).

Our borders aren't "open" now. Could we improve border security? Sure! Should we do a cost benefit analysis when considering border improvements? YES!

I have yet to hear what "extreme vetting" will be as compared to what we already do. Remember it's real live americans who already sign off on the extensive vetting now. No matter what level of vetting you do, you will be talking about human beings, some of whom WILL COMMIT CRIMES once they get here. No two ways about that. Humans are pretty consistent, historically, at committing crimes.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey LIBS,

The world isn't black and white like that. I am against illegal immigration, but also against wasteful government spending. The wall is a bigger waste of money than the 3 illegals who incomprehensibly will be too stupid to bring a ladder.
Obama deported 2.5 million people but he picked the criminals. Trumps plan is to block everyone, which includes doctors, scientists, and starving kids.

Being for border security doesn't mean we have to waste MASSIVE AMOUNTS of money on ineffective options. We have vetted immigration now, some of the most comprehensive vetted immigration on the planet as a matter of fact. What Trump is proposing isn't vetted immigration it is an all out ban.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-15-2017, 10:22 PM Reply   
Remember when Hillary went OFF on Donald for not necessarily accepting the results of the election?

That is funny now.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2017, 2:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Remember when Hillary went OFF on Donald for not necessarily accepting the results of the election?

That is funny now.
Where do you get that "Hillary is NOT accepting the results of the election"?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-16-2017, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Where do you get that "Hillary is NOT accepting the results of the election"?
Trump supporters live in an alternate universe. Hillary hasn't been in the news for quite a while now. She's been as hard to spot as Sasquatch.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
The people who suspended our entire government over a BJ are refusing to look into a foreign power's possible takeover of the White House.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2017, 10:27 AM Reply   
So Drumpf is running dual attacks on "Fake news" organizations and leakers in the white house. That's quite the tight rope.
Old    deltahoosier            02-16-2017, 11:06 AM Reply   
Hahahahaha...... He is still your president........ hahahaha.... Now if we can get Cali to put up that Caliexit vote so I can vote for it, it will be all gold from there. No more democrats for generations.

Funny Shawn says no one is for illegal immigration and open boarders. What the hell you have been listening too. That is what the democrat party platform is. Gov. Gray Davis from California has been recorded in Mexico giving speeches saying that he wants California and Mexico to be on great region. That is why they have been fighting to give Illegals drivers licenses and motor voter- voting resgistrations. It is all about open boarders and illegals. In the last 16 years. There has been a 8% voting swing in California from Republican to Democrat. That is no accident.
Old    deltahoosier            02-16-2017, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Couldn't agree more. Nothing dumber than hearing "America is the greatest country on earth" coming out of the mouth of someone who has never been any where else.
You mean those people who have to get on boats and go die because those other countries can not figure out how to not murder each other? Who's view is better?

What I have experienced is many who have the 'let them be' attitude before leaving the states, come back with a 'oh hell no' attitude when they come back from being among them.
Old    deltahoosier            02-16-2017, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
The people who suspended our entire government over a BJ are refusing to look into a foreign power's possible takeover of the White House.
The government was not suspended and it was not a BJ. It was a sitting president who LIED UNDER OATH during a sexual assault case unrelated to the BJ. If they would have known about the BJ and other instances of his sexual misconduct, he most likely would not have been president. He did lose is his law license over the deal.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2017, 11:30 AM Reply   
Wow. Donald should really limit it to one bong hit before the next press conference
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-16-2017, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hahahahahaha holy sh** what a complete and total meltdown. The dude is seriously unhinged. This is what you folks voted for - congrats!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2017, 12:47 PM Reply   
I think Trump is paying too much for his candy bars
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-16-2017, 1:17 PM Reply   
I don't understand how people can still defend this embarrassing clown. You gotta admit he's a bit off the rails.

The nine most insane moments from Donald Trump’s reality-challenged press conference
https://qz.com/912956/real-leaks-fak...ssconference-/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-16-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
The man has never had to live in reality. Daddy set him up with 4 millions of today's dollars (not to mention all his business contacts and buddies) and from that point on he's never dealt with anything but yes-men and lawyers to do the dirty work and crush all the little guys he'd work with and screw over. His businesses are mostly failures with the exception of his brand which he has done fairly well with (but again, if he had just invested daddy's gift he would have done better). Turns out that the silverspooned reality tv and screw-the-little-guy skill set doesn't carry over too well to the Presidency.

Last edited by pesos; 02-16-2017 at 1:29 PM.
Old    deltahoosier            02-16-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
The man has never had to live in reality. Daddy set him up with 4 millions of today's dollars (not to mention all his business contacts and buddies) and from that point on he's never dealt with anything but yes-men and lawyers to do the dirty work and crush all the little guys he'd work with and screw over. His businesses are mostly failures with the exception of his brand which he has done fairly well with (but again, if he had just invested daddy's gift he would have done better). Turns out that the silverspooned reality tv and screw-the-little-guy skill set doesn't carry over too well to the Presidency.
Still
Your
President
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-16-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
Good one!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-16-2017, 2:14 PM Reply   
He's kinda turning out to be all hat no cattle.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2017, 2:56 PM Reply   
https://medium.com/@justaride/why-li...2a7#.kty5yrhh3

Why liberals are wrong about Trump

Good read.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-16-2017, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Hahahahaha...... He is still your president........ hahahaha.... Now if we can get Cali to put up that Caliexit vote so I can vote for it, it will be all gold from there. No more democrats for generations.

Funny Shawn says no one is for illegal immigration and open boarders. What the hell you have been listening too. That is what the democrat party platform is. Gov. Gray Davis from California has been recorded in Mexico giving speeches saying that he wants California and Mexico to be on great region. That is why they have been fighting to give Illegals drivers licenses and motor voter- voting resgistrations. It is all about open boarders and illegals. In the last 16 years. There has been a 8% voting swing in California from Republican to Democrat. That is no accident.
Considering California was flying high during Clinton, then got destroyed by the republican governator and Bush, I would say that is pretty understandable.
Old    deltahoosier            02-16-2017, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Considering California was flying high during Clinton, then got destroyed by the republican governator and Bush, I would say that is pretty understandable.
Only flying high was him removing the protections of the house lending and the tech bubble in which was set up in previous decades with investment in technology. Now we are all paying for that.

I was actually going the other way with illegals voting (set up by motor voting and illegals able to get drivers licenses) and unfettered illegal immigration finally taking hold with second generation children. You also have middle class leaving the state and retired people leaving in droves.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2017, 9:45 PM Reply   
Trump just toured the Dakota pipeline. He said things went well!
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-16-2017, 10:58 PM Reply   
Fox News calls Trump a liar on air..."demonstrably, unquestionably, 100% false" "it's crazy what we're watching every day"

The constant lying and buck-passing is pathetic, even for someone as pathetic is Trump. How anyone can continue to support such a pathetic and embarrassing person after today boggles my mind.

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-16-2017, 11:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Trump just toured the Dakota pipeline. He said things went well!
Injuns!!! -Yosemite Sam.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2017, 11:41 PM Reply   
I watched/listend to Trumps new conference on you tube as I drive to the lake. This was awesome the whole time I kept saying to my self I LOVE HOW MUCH TRUMP DOSENT SOUND LIKE OBAMA. As bad as he might have sounded to you Libs it was music to my ears. He repeats himself and he said some stupid things but even with all the stupid things it was 1000 times better then anything "The Comunity organizer" ever whipped up.

This guy is awesome sauce MERICA
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-16-2017, 11:49 PM Reply   
Grant would vote for President Camacho if he could (although he'd never be able to spell Camacho). Idiocracy is the here and now.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-17-2017, 12:14 AM Reply   
Trumps press conference was great today!

CNN of course said he was "unhinged" as he calmly bashed the Trump Smearing Network.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2017, 12:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
As bad as he might have sounded to you Libs it was music to my ears
Errrr, he sounded bad to FOX NEWS. Nice trolling tho G, really some quality work

Last edited by ralph; 02-17-2017 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Stupid quote thing
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-17-2017, 1:19 AM Reply   
With Obama in office, CNN was much more fair than FOX.
With Trump in office, FOX is much more fair than CNN.
Note, I voted for both.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2017, 2:59 AM Reply   
Dane did you not watch the Fox clip above? Even Fox thinks he's a liar or a loon or both.

Trump asked General Harward to take the mark security adviser job and he turned it down. His friend quoted him as saying the White House is nothing but chaos and the offer was a "sh** sandwich" lol. He's got that right.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-17-2017, 4:52 AM Reply   
one man's poop hoagie is another man's fine tuned machine.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2017, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
With Obama in office, CNN was much more fair than FOX.
With Trump in office, FOX is much more fair than CNN.
Note, I voted for both.
So you agree with Fox that Trump is being dishonest?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2017, 7:52 AM Reply   
Wes: I dont know what you had against President Camacho he was awesome! Wes you must be a Racist LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Ralph: trolling? Well maybe a little lol but seriously The Comunity Organizer, was a silver toung devil that mofo could speak! No doubt about it Yes we Can= No we can't Hope = Nope! His Globalist approach was $hit for the US. His biggest contribution to the inner the cities & Blacks was What? To tell them that "if he had a son it would of looked Like Treyvon" I could go on but what would that do. The same go's for you guys the sooner you realize that the faster you can come out of your "safe spaces" Right now all you guys can do is make fun, point fingers, stomp your feet, well you know the drill better then me,
Like Lee said lead, follow, or get out of the way!
Old    deltahoosier            02-17-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
The people who voted for such an incompetent man-child put that and a whole lot more in jeopardy. The emperor has no clothes and history is going to remember.
Let's visit this.

What do you say about Obama overseeing the over throw of the governments in Egypt, Syria and Lybia? How has that made us all safer?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2017, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Let's visit this.

What do you say about Obama overseeing the over throw of the governments in Egypt, Syria and Lybia? How has that made us all safer?
It hasn't of course. All i will say is I think previous actions have been taken with considered thought and advice from experts. These situations are so complex i don't think it is wise to think of these situations of either right or wrong options, the outcomes are not binary. I think in terms of good-ok-not ideal-disaster. What trump will do in theses situations is unknown, but i think that ignoring advice and making reactionary decisions with bluster is unlikely to tip the situation towards the good-ok end of the spectrum.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
^^^exactly^^^
Let's face it all the people that voted for "The Community organizer" are feeling pretty left out. They are feeling like the red headed step child about now. It's ok kiddys your teen drama & your acne should clear up in a few years. It's normal for you teenagers to hate your parents, LOL LOL.

Honestly I know how you kiddys feel. When Nancy Pelosi stood up and said "You have to Vote it in Before you get to see what's inside" and the Dems rammed Obama care down our throats, I know how that felt. I'm sure that's about how you Libs are feeling when Daddy says No. LOL LOL LOL
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Let's visit this.

Yet, you had no problem when Bush marched the troops into Iraq. Interesting.
Old    deltahoosier            02-17-2017, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
It hasn't of course. All i will say is I think previous actions have been taken with considered thought and advice from experts. These situations are so complex i don't think it is wise to think of these situations of either right or wrong options, the outcomes are not binary. I think in terms of good-ok-not ideal-disaster. What trump will do in theses situations is unknown, but i think that ignoring advice and making reactionary decisions with bluster is unlikely to tip the situation towards the good-ok end of the spectrum.
Did you feel that way when Bush did it?

What make you think that Trump will not do that? Successful business people surround themselves with smart people to collect the data and come up with plans with each departments different biases in mind. The top executive has to make a decision if those plans meet the objectives of the direction of the company/ country. The executive staff may argue like cats and dogs about where they are going. At the end of the day, the executive has to stand up and take the heat and they get the reward. I think Trump has had to do that for years in his business dealings.

That is why it is easier for executives to be President than say a congressman. Congressmen don't have to really put their foot down and take action. It always ends up being a group effort and they never really have to take responsibility.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2017, 10:28 AM Reply   
I loved how Trump called out the Media over and over again yesterday. It's so true. They are so full of $hit and report story's Not to tell the truth but to sell story's. And the media has reported Trumps press conf, just as he said they would, "Trump Un hinged" bla bla bla. Yes that's the headlines. But he's 100% correct about the Whitehouse leeks. How come the press is not all over that story???? It has more to do with national security then you think, but how come No media investigation on that?? Why do they not report of these serious crimes
Old    deltahoosier            02-17-2017, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just asked the question? I just referenced the same question at Ralph. Did he feel that way when Bush did it? How about you?

With Bush, I though it was not ideal but I understood. We were attacked and it was clear that the middleeast was becoming sofisticated and unified enough support attacks on America from their soil. We had sold them WMD before and we did not need them ending up in some radicals hands. Also the culture over there had become so toxic against the west that if we wanted to try and changed that, we needed to plant a seed of democracy in a country and Iraq was influential enough that it may work.

Short term, I see Iraq as neutral. We do have land bases where we can attack from the middle east. Strategically for the military, I think it is a win. You are hearing less and less about Iraq now. They clearly are not a player on the world stage as far as a cross border trouble spot. That is a win. The Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS are not in control of the country. That is a win. They are not a government ran by Imam's (though I am sure they control the tribal votes). You don't have a mass refugee issue with Iraq so it must be stable enough.

How does that compare to those 3 countries? Mass refugees, ISIS and Muslim Brotherhood strongholds. Multi country proxy war. Is that really done well?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-17-2017, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just asked the question? I just referenced the same question at Ralph. Did he feel that way when Bush did it? How about you?

With Bush, I though it was not ideal but I understood. We were attacked and it was clear that the middleeast was becoming sofisticated and unified enough support attacks on America from their soil. We had sold them WMD before and we did not need them ending up in some radicals hands. Also the culture over there had become so toxic against the west that if we wanted to try and changed that, we needed to plant a seed of democracy in a country and Iraq was influential enough that it may work.

Short term, I see Iraq as neutral. We do have land bases where we can attack from the middle east. Strategically for the military, I think it is a win. You are hearing less and less about Iraq now. They clearly are not a player on the world stage as far as a cross border trouble spot. That is a win. The Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS are not in control of the country. That is a win. They are not a government ran by Imam's (though I am sure they control the tribal votes). You don't have a mass refugee issue with Iraq so it must be stable enough.

How does that compare to those 3 countries? Mass refugees, ISIS and Muslim Brotherhood strongholds. Multi country proxy war. Is that really done well?
You clearly don't understand who ISIS is if you're argument is that ISIS is not in control of Iraq. They are from Iraq. They are the old army of Iraq that Bush pushed out. Again, clueless posts from you. Now Google this like you did water vapor and come back and explain what I just explained in a slightly different way to appear like you knew.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-17-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
But he's 100% correct about the Whitehouse leeks. How come the press is not all over that story???? It has more to do with national security then you think, but how come No media investigation on that?? Why do they not report of these serious crimes
So grant you're saying that the house on fire is not the problem, it's that damn fire alarm that won't shut up?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2017, 11:59 AM Reply   
Trump pointed out quite clearly. How are you to make deals with world leaders when you have your conversations being leaked. I agree the press is not doing anything to make things better. I believe in a free and open democracy but I also agree that some conversations and deals the fine details don't need to be part of the public record .
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-17-2017, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
He should have learned something from the Bush disaster and not done further harm by destabilizing other countries.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-17-2017, 2:57 PM Reply   
This about sums it up.
Quote:
https://medium.com/@justaride/why-li...2a7#.kty5yrhh3

Why liberals are wrong about Trump

Good read.