Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-12-2016, 8:03 AM Reply   
So I recently finished up my man cave and figured I could share some pics of the process! I am extremely happy with how it turned out. The only thing left if to install electrical (lights, outlets, fans, etc) then I can begin setting up the inside. It is a Mueller 30x40x12. I'll try to grab some of the inside later on, these are all I had on my phone...

Here are the before pics...
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-12-2016, 8:04 AM Reply   
formed up...
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-12-2016, 8:05 AM Reply   
poured and framed...
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-12-2016, 8:08 AM Reply   
finished the outside, minus flood lights in the top corners...
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-12-2016, 8:25 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
Wow: that's one hell of a Man Cave. I see $80-$100k nice job 👍
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-13-2016, 3:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Grant, I figured of all people you would appreciate... Try $30k though...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-13-2016, 7:26 PM Reply   
Wow, that is crazy for $30k. I would be at least 100K here. Nice work
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-14-2016, 2:29 AM Reply   
wow! Looks awesome!

Just made me hate living in NYC a little bit more!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-14-2016, 5:34 AM Reply   
This is my dream LOL

What size door??? It doesn't look like you had to drop your tower
Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       11-14-2016, 5:48 AM Reply   
That is really surprising! I really like it, where did you get the design/materials from? I'm looking for this!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-14-2016, 7:14 AM Reply   
Do tell where you got the metal building. I have a 7500 SF professionally build warehouse on my property now, but I want to do about a 3500 SF man cave next and was thinking of something like this.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-14-2016, 7:33 AM Reply   
Ralph & Doublmwa: Thanks man! It;'s cheaper down in Texas

Jonblarc: The door is a 10x10 and yes had to take the tower down as it was literally a few inches to tall. I would have loved to have a taller door but the building kit comes with that size and to customize it made the cost go up quite a bit.

Check & Buffalow: The building is a standard series bolt up kit from Mueller. They were super helpful and it went together fairly easily. I had the stone put on the fron to meet our HOA standards and the garage door to match the house. Typically they come with a rollup door. See the link below.

http://www.muellerinc.com/steel-buil...tandard-series
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2016, 8:52 AM Reply   
30k you did a great job. You must have done a great job managing costs by doing a lot of work yourself or getting some great deals. I saw like $15k in flat work or cement. Running power and getting permits, it all adds up you did a great job, congrats you have the start or foundation to make one hell of a cool man cave. What are your plans for the rest of it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-14-2016, 1:09 PM Reply   
Looks awesome!!!! I'm jealous!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-16-2016, 1:28 PM Reply   
+1, sweet setup
Old    deltahoosier            11-16-2016, 1:51 PM Reply   
Very nice.
Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       11-16-2016, 8:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up, now that I know it's more affordable, I may do this.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-17-2016, 10:35 AM Reply   
looks good!
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-18-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
Hey Connor, that building looks great. I've been on the fence about building a metal barn/storage about that size on my property for a long time. I've seen that company advertise but there are so many fly by night companies putting together metal buildings right now that you never know what you're gonna end up with.

So you recommend them? They have an office in B/CS which would be close enough to my property.

Also, did the price you mentioned above include the foundation work?
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-18-2016, 7:59 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone!

Grant: 1/4 of it or so will be fitness/weights with rubber flooring, mirrors, etc. Another 1/4 of it will be tool storage, work bench area. The other half will be boat, toy storage with shelving etc. Thats the plan at least for now.

Snyder: Yes, I recommend Mueller as they have been around for over 100 yrs and seem to have it down to an art. I would also look at DDM as I have heard they are good quality as well. If you do go Mueller, you can do the standard bolt together kit like mine (comes in different sizes) and is delivered with everything you need, but you can also customize these buildings but it gets more expensive at that point.

As for prices, that included the slab, building w/ insulation, garage door to match the house, and the stone work. The slab was $8 sq ft, turn key. If your ground is level I believe you could get it cheaper.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-18-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Looks awesome man! The stone work turned out great!

Snyder- I put up a metal shop from Mueller myself a little over a year ago. Mine was the bolt together style like Connor's. Highly recommend it!