Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2010, 4:57 AM Reply   
Howdy,

I sure pulled a bone head move. I had my boat in the driveway working on it so it was uncovered for a couple days.

While it was uncovered I had to do somw welding and metal working in my garage on another project, long story short the powdered metal in the air from grinding landed all over the vinyl, I didnt knwo it had happened until all the metal dust started to rust leaving my white vinyl looking like it had orange freckles.

I have tried magic erasers (went through 4 boxs), pristique cleaner (with stiff scrub brush), I even tried CLR on a small area.

The vinyl is very clean right now but the rust stains persist, please any info will be great.

Also unrelated, whats the best way to get the lake water "bathtub ring" stain off the hull?

Thanks
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
Your only hope for the vinyl is sunshine now. I bet you a couple hot days in the sun will fade those freckles right out. Starbright hull cleaner is excellent for getting that ring to disappear.
Old     (phx07enzo)      Join Date: May 2007       07-26-2010, 6:59 AM Reply   
put peroxide on a Q-tip
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
^^^ Then apply to the inffected area. LOL
Old     (jmcdanie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-26-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
I have seen toilet bowl cleaner work well on the bathtub ring you are talking about...never used it myself, but have seen it work well on a Centurion Falcon V after they tried EVERYTHING they could think of to get the spot cleaned.
Old    alanp            07-26-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
tilex with bleach is an option. cleaned my vinyl when nothing else would(including magic erasers, exquisite greased lightning etc)
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-28-2010, 9:58 PM Reply   
Let the sun cook it for a couple days and see what happens.