Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-15-2014, 4:52 PM Reply   
Do you PNW boys wear ear plugs at the games? I think the sound level depends on where you sit there. I'm used to sitting 1/2-3/4 up the lower level between the 35 yd lines. I've just always put up with the noise but my family brings ear plugs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
I love to watch football in HD. I've never been to a live game,but everyone that has says you have to experience it at least once in your life.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-15-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
No ear plugs for us when we go. It's not my ears that get messed up, it's my voice. I can't talk the day after going from screaming so long.

On another note. Anyone as irritated as I am about the fricken politicians trying to act like they give a crap about football this time of year? These leaches can't even pronounce the player's names correctly. They're so monotone when "acting" as if they are a part of the process that I just want to slap them!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2014, 6:19 PM Reply   
Always prefer being at the game but either way its always a good time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
The all Fundamentals team was just announced.
Sherman and Thomas made it.
"These 26 men serve as examples to the millions of youth football players across the nation that fundamentals are vital to success at every level," said Carl Peterson, USA Football's chairman and longtime NFL executive who helped to select the team. "According to medical experts, players who master the fundamentals and learn them at younger ages are safer as they progress within the sport."

Fox Sports analyst Charles Davis, former NFL coach Herman Edwards, former NFL running back Merril Hoge and former NFL general manager Bill Polian also helped to pick the team

Guess you guys can quit whining about their style of play.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2014, 6:27 PM Reply   
For those wondering how loud it is at The Clink

The Seattle Seahawks have lost only one game at CenturyLink Field over the past two NFL seasons. A big reason for that success is the loud, intimidating atmosphere Seattle fans create.

If playing in the NFL's loudest stadium is difficult for veteran quarterbacks, it must be utterly nerve-wracking for a rookie quarterback.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers signal-caller Mike Glennon gave TheMMQB.com a first-person experience of his trip to Seattle.

"I thought I had played in some loud atmospheres in college at N.C. State, but nothing could have prepared me for our Week 9 game against the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field," Glennon wrote. "In most NFL stadiums when you're on the road, it gets loud on third down and whenever you're in the red zone. But in Seattle? It's loud on every single down, no matter where you are on the field."

Glennon was making his fifth career start and just the second on the road that week.

During his excellent look at what it's like playing in Seattle, the quarterback explains that it normally takes two or three seconds to communicate an audible, but in Seattle he set aside five or six seconds "to be on the safe side."

"There wasn't another stadium this year that compared to Seattle's raucous environment," Glennon said. "We played in the Georgia Dome, Ford Field, the Superdome -- none of them come even close."

That was all against an 0-7 team, during a game in which the Seahawks trailed big early. Imagine what it will sound like Sunday against a rival with a Super Bowl trip on the line.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-15-2014, 9:13 PM Reply   
^seahawks barely w0n that game! Niners are a better all around team and are playing at a higher level and I'm glad they got this game. Gotta beat the best to be the best!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-15-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
The all Fundamentals team was just announced.
Sherman and Thomas made it.
"These 26 men serve as examples to the millions of youth football players across the nation that fundamentals are vital to success at every level," said Carl Peterson, USA Football's chairman and longtime NFL executive who helped to select the team. "According to medical experts, players who master the fundamentals and learn them at younger ages are safer as they progress within the sport."

Fox Sports analyst Charles Davis, former NFL coach Herman Edwards, former NFL running back Merril Hoge and former NFL general manager Bill Polian also helped to pick the team

Guess you guys can quit whining about their style of play.
Hey, I know this country is messed up but, since when did they call cheating a fundamental skill?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-15-2014, 10:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Do you PNW boys wear ear plugs at the games? I think the sound level depends on where you sit there. I'm used to sitting 1/2-3/4 up the lower level between the 35 yd lines. I've just always put up with the noise but my family brings ear plugs.
I don't wear ear plugs... but I've considered it. We sit 11 rows from the field in the South End Zone... literally about 30 feet from where the guys were that recorded the World Record. There have been 3 or 4 times this season where I actually felt uncomfortable because it was so loud. But Cliff's right, when you're screaming too, you don't even realize how loud it is.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2014, 3:12 AM Reply   
I guess you don't even realize how much brain damage it causes either?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
If Arrowhead had a partially closed roof like the Clink does Arrowhead would still hold the record. IMO we still do hold the record for a truly open air stadium
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hey, I know this country is messed up but, since when did they call cheating a fundamental skill?
You're seriously becoming more and more stupid as this thread goes along. You're taking over Bobby's place as the thread idiot. The funny thing is I've noticed Bobby has been smart enough to step aside a little and let it happen.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
^seahawks barely w0n that game! Niners are a better all around team and are playing at a higher level and I'm glad they got this game. Gotta beat the best to be the best!
What's that now? We won that game? Thanks for the reminder. A few people were discussing how loud it is at Century link, I thought I'd share a very recent article from the QB perspective. It had nothing to do with the Niners but while we're at it have you ever seen Kaepernick play there? The noise F's him up big time and you know it. He looks like a lost child in the mall.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
If Arrowhead had a partially closed roof like the Clink does Arrowhead would still hold the record. IMO we still do hold the record for a truly open air stadium
I see where you're coming from but the coverage is very little and arrowhead has about 12% greater capacity. I'd love to see a game there, as the visiting teams fan of course :-)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
You're seriously becoming more and more stupid as this thread goes along. You're taking over Bobby's place as the thread idiot. The funny thing is I've noticed Bobby has been smart enough to step aside a little and let it happen.
Ah poor baby. Did I touch a nerve? You KNOW your DBs don't play by the rules and they're coached to do that. Everyone knows that.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-16-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
I finally found time to watch the Seahawk/Saints playoff game. I was surprised to see that the Seahawk were not that dominant. If the Saints had not made turn overs and not missed field goals, they could have won.The Seahawk offense was not impressive outside of Lynch.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-16-2014, 10:12 AM Reply   
^^^Are you serious?!?!? Not dominant??? It was 16 - 0 at the start of the 4th quarter. Drew Brees had 34 passing yards at halftime. Hawks didn't need to throw the ball at all in that game, so they didn't. We played conservative in the 4th quarter giving up garbage time points and stats. That game was over in the first half, just like it will be this Sunday after the LOB "holds" SF to 0 in the first half again.
You must have watched the Seahawks/Saints playoff game from a few years ago.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-16-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
That game was over in the first half, just like it will be this Sunday after the LOB "holds" SF to 0 in the first half again.
Dream on.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-16-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
I would love to catch a game at Arrowhead. I've seen games all over, and there is something very different when the fans commit to being loud and really supporting their teams... like they do at CenturyLink and at Arrowhead. Trust me, It's not like that everywhere.

I'd call the Arrowhead/CenturyLink thing a wash... for all the reasons stated above... The CLink is only partially covered, but Arrowhead holds about 18,000 more people, etc... not to mention the fact that the record(s) set in Seattle were purely game based... there was no countdown or scoreboard coaching. In fact, the team and the facility had nothing to do with it, outside of allowing Guiness to be there... whereas the record at Arrowhead seemed a little bit more manufactured. (No disrespect there, it was still a record)

None of that changes the fact that CenturyLink is most definitely an open-air stadium. And we're also talking about decimals of decibels... both stadiums have fans who care and show that. Both should be proud.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-16-2014, 12:59 PM Reply   
This thread is going to get real interesting on Monday Ha Ha!!! I am so pumped for the game!!!! All you Seahawk haters are funny!! Monday after we win, you all will be saying how we will have no chance at winning the Super Bowl!! This thread is awesome, it just pumps up all us Seahawk fans even more!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-16-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
Big noise bodes big noise. I have screamed at Candlestick for years but it is not that rewarding since the noise just flows out of the stadium. Engineering matters. Sound bounces off of hard surfaces in well known ways. CenturyLink has been engineered to reflect sound back into the stadium. Each scream becomes 1 to 3 screams. I am unsure of the compounded reflection factor but I am certain it is well above 1.0.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2014, 1:34 PM Reply   
That may be true but its about the fact that its constant throughout the entire game. Not just on certain downs or in certain parts of the field. Every NFL player has said the same thing and again its open air not a dome where noise can't escape. 12TH MAN BABY!!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ah poor baby. Did I touch a nerve? You KNOW your DBs don't play by the rules and they're coached to do that. Everyone knows that.
No you didn't but you're repeating the same crap over and over and then scoff in the face of facts. Look at who chose this team, it wasn't the fans.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Big noise bodes big noise. I have screamed at Candlestick for years but it is not that rewarding since the noise just flows out of the stadium. Engineering matters. Sound bounces off of hard surfaces in well known ways. CenturyLink has been engineered to reflect sound back into the stadium. Each scream becomes 1 to 3 screams. I am unsure of the compounded reflection factor but I am certain it is well above 1.0.
sure, engineering helps... but you'd be foolish to think that is the majority reason why its so loud. The fact is that you have a fan base that is well versed and prides itself on being as loud as conceivably possible. I've been to many games in many other stadiums both NFL and College and I can tell you that there are very few places where every single person is into it, every single down, like at Seahawks Stadium.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-16-2014, 2:47 PM Reply   
Yep. It's no secret that the architecture is part of it... but have a 70,000 seat student section is what really does the job. Any team/player that says they want to score quickly to "take the crowd out of it" doesn't realize it just doesn't work that way there. Sunday is gonna be INSANE.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-16-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Someone should rename this thread the Seattle Seahawks Smack Talking thread. Not even a Patriots fan to say something dumb about my Broncos. You guys sound like grade schoolers arguing about who's dad can beat up the other. Probably the reason that there are only 5 people left yelling back and forth at each other. You've turned everyone else off.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-16-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
russell has been pretty non existent since the middle of December, right? can seattle beat San Fran with its running game, and defense only? If Kap sucks as much as he has in past games in Seattle, can the Niners win with their run game and Defense? Fans aside, this is going to be a very, very interesting game. I am guessing its gonna come down to a late turnover, or penalty that makes the difference. probably looking at a 16-13 type of game. not sure what the weather is like up there right now, but doubtful its gonnna be 85 degrees like it is in so cal right now.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-16-2014, 3:37 PM Reply   
This is a great weekend for football. Probably the best in over a decade.

AFC: two senior first ballot hall of fame players battling each other in a shoot out.
NFC: two tough defenses with dual thread QBs battling each-other in a gang fight.

IMO, it does not matter who wins the AFC, the winner of the NFC will win the superbowl.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2014, 3:50 PM Reply   
I can see the Patriots winning the Super Bowl if they get past Denver. I can't really see Denver out playing San Francisco though.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Someone should rename this thread the Seattle Seahawks Smack Talking thread. Not even a Patriots fan to say something dumb about my Broncos. You guys sound like grade schoolers arguing about who's dad can beat up the other. Probably the reason that there are only 5 people left yelling back and forth at each other. You've turned everyone else off.
Then speak up son, what are you waiting for?

If you need an invite, I'm sure we can start trash talking the Pats or Broncos or just the entire AFC but unfortunately to be honest there isn't a whole lot to say cause the AFC is weak... Heck , the worst team in the NFC West is better than 90% of the teams in the AFC. The AFC is like the NBDL is the NBA right now!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2014, 4:20 PM Reply   
Go to NFL.com and check out the EXPERTS picks. The majority of the experts are picking a Denver/San Francisco Super Bowl.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-16-2014, 4:34 PM Reply   
^^^And most EXPERTS on ESPN are picking the Hawks. What is your point?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2014, 4:47 PM Reply   
Here's a great article. With a nice twist on the Hawks fans vs 49ers fans:
The San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks have an intense rivalry on the field, but fans from both sides have turned the rivalry into a friendly competition in the days leading up to the NFC Championship Game.

Leading up to the previous two meetings this season, the fans took shots at their rival. Now they are putting their money to good use.

When 49ers fans raised money to put up a billboard in Seattle back in December, the extra money that they received went to a hospital in Seattle. That's how the latest competition began, and now it will be used solely for great causes.

Both fanbases will compete to see who can raise the most money for a good cause in the rival's city. San Francisco fans, via GoFundMe.com, will be raising money for the Seattle Children's Hospital, and the proceeds from Seattle fans, via GoFundMe.com, will be donated to UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.

Pretty awesome idea, right?

Wait—there's even more to the story. An anonymous 49ers fan has agreed to match the donations—up to $100,000—from each city and donate the money to the hospitals. The 49ers have also agreed to match the donations—also up to $100,000.

As of Thursday, Jan. 16, Seattle fans have raised more than $21,600 and San Francisco fans have contributed more than $14,100.

Fans have put their differences aside and joined forces to help out hospitals. This is why sports are so great.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2014, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^^And most EXPERTS on ESPN are picking the Hawks. What is your point?
A direct hit!!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-16-2014, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:

Tough to take you seriously when you get school graders backwards... Our dads taught us how to spell Bronco Sissy...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-16-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
I'm really amazed that the experts are were almost spot on about the conference championship games. Most people picked either SF or Sea to represent the NFC, and most everyone picked the Broncos to represent the AFC. They're usually waaaay off.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
That may be true but its about the fact that its constant throughout the entire game. Not just on certain downs or in certain parts of the field. Every NFL player has said the same thing and again its open air not a dome where noise can't escape. 12TH MAN BABY!!!!
That is one of, if not the most dishonest posts on this entire 22+ page thread. Put down the crack pipe hate. I've been to games there. I even watched the hawks blow out the saints in person in December and NONE of what you say is true. There are HUGE DIFFERENCES between plays and possessions. "It's open air not where noise can't escape"??? Bull$hit. Dude..... You are an ass hat.

Last edited by markj; 01-16-2014 at 8:41 PM.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2014, 9:30 PM Reply   
I love how all the Hawks haters are reduced to claiming the corners are cheating and/or that the stadium is only loud because of engineering.. you guys should listen to yourselves...HAHA.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2014, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
I love how all the Hawks haters are reduced to claiming the corners are cheating and/or that the stadium is only loud because of engineering.. you guys should listen to yourselves...HAHA.
Reduced to it? Dude... It's called being minimally observant. Take off your team goggles and actually watch a game. When you're done doing that, just do a simple wiki search about the Clink. It's been bought and paid for by Paul Allen with the mission to be louder than U Dub's stadium. He also paid big time for having stolen the term "12th man".
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-17-2014, 12:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Reduced to it? Dude... It's called being minimally observant. Take off your team goggles and actually watch a game. When you're done doing that, just do a simple wiki search about the Clink. It's been bought and paid for by Paul Allen with the mission to be louder than U Dub's stadium. He also paid big time for having stolen the term "12th man".
Pretty sure that was all discussed in an SI article sometime during this past season. I believe its a colleg in Texas that coined the "12th man" phrase.
The engineers also mentioned that what they did with that stadium, couldn't be duplicated because of the angles the stadium sits on or something. Pretty much an engineering anomoly.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 12:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. That's the main reason I started commenting here. I couldn't take their BS any more. Now I'm one of them. Only I'm on the other side. Run while you can. It's fierce around here.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 12:24 AM Reply   
Go Broncos! (only if the Niners lose on Sunday of course).
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 12:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Tough to take you seriously when you get school graders backwards... Our dads taught us how to spell Bronco Sissy...
Pretty sure he said that properly Cliff...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2014, 3:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty sure he said that properly Cliff...
I went to grade school also,but i'm from the East Coast. Maybe in the Pacific Northwest it's "Coast East". Only in Seattle.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
That is one of, if not the most dishonest posts on this entire 22+ page thread. Put down the crack pipe hate. I've been to games there. I even watched the hawks blow out the saints in person in December and NONE of what you say is true. There are HUGE DIFFERENCES between plays and possessions. "It's open air not where noise can't escape"??? Bull$hit. Dude..... You are an ass hat.
What the hell are you talking about? I suppose I should have said defensive downs, we're educated enough to not be raucous while we have the ball. But you're right its not loud there. Its not the loudest stadium in the NFL and maybe the world. It's not open air that's why the weather had no effect in last weeks games. It didn't have gusts of winds of 50 mph through the stadium and rain pissing down on fans. We have a new king of the trolls on this thread
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
I'm stoked for this weeks games its gonna be a blast!

Hey the last three teams to lead the league in interceptions and passing yards allowed have gone to the Super Bowl. Guess who did that this year... You got it Jack! Seahawks! Time to make it 4 in a row
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-17-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are right, it's all a big conspiracy, the stadium is the 8th wonder of the world and we paid off the refs too so they don't call anything on us. I suppose we probably bribed everyone to get our players too, most of whom were looked over by everyone else and taken by us in later rounds of the draft... oh and yeah they are all on roids so that is why they are so fast, stong, and good. this about sum it up?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-17-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
IMO, SF can win if they maintain composure, don't turn the ball over, and don't commit big penalties. Luckily for them, their season has prepared them for this battle. They know how bad game 2 was when they did all of those bad things. They know how they beat Seattle at home. They know how the Cardinals beat the Hawks at Seattle. They are getting good at winning on the road (Cardinals->Packers->Panthers).

Even the per team advantages cancel each other out.

HAWKS: better RB; better CBs.
49ERS: better WRs; better LBs.

So, a close battle is very likely. But, it's all about KAP and his composure under pressure from the huge game and the 12th man. While we know that he has failed against the 12th man in the past we should not expect him to repeat himself over and over. When KAP has something to prove he tends to rise up to the challenge.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? I suppose I should have said defensive downs, we're educated enough to not be raucous while we have the ball. But you're right its not loud there. Its not the loudest stadium in the NFL and maybe the world. It's not open air that's why the weather had no effect in last weeks games. It didn't have gusts of winds of 50 mph through the stadium and rain pissing down on fans. We have a new king of the trolls on this thread
Hey, I'm just having fun being a smart a$$. Don't take it personally.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
You are right, it's all a big conspiracy, the stadium is the 8th wonder of the world and we paid off the refs too so they don't call anything on us. I suppose we probably bribed everyone to get our players too, most of whom were looked over by everyone else and taken by us in later rounds of the draft... oh and yeah they are all on roids so that is why they are so fast, stong, and good. this about sum it up?
LOL Can't wait for this weekend. Don't forget your forks Seattle fans.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2014, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
You hit the nail on the head. That's the main reason I started commenting here. I couldn't take their BS any more. Now I'm one of them. Only I'm on the other side. Run while you can. It's fierce around here.
Fierce... phhttt... No different in here than it is in general discussion with everyone arguing over the best wake boat or board. Least this thread is clear in it's intention. I spent years being hammered on for supporting the Hawks and nobody ever scared me off... If you can't or don't want to have fun talking smack go somewhere else. This thread isn't a Bully free zone.

Last edited by seattle; 01-17-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
IMO, SF can win if they maintain composure, don't turn the ball over, and don't commit big penalties. Luckily for them, their season has prepared them for this battle. They know how bad game 2 was when they did all of those bad things. They know how they beat Seattle at home. They know how the Cardinals beat the Hawks at Seattle. They are getting good at winning on the road (Cardinals->Packers->Panthers).

Even the per team advantages cancel each other out.

HAWKS: better RB; better CBs.
49ERS: better WRs; better LBs.

So, a close battle is very likely. But, it's all about KAP and his composure under pressure from the huge game and the 12th man. While we know that he has failed against the 12th man in the past we should not expect him to repeat himself over and over. When KAP has something to prove he tends to rise up to the challenge.
Agreed.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-17-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Any score predictions??
Hawks 27 SF 10 - Blowout city
Broncos 31 Pats 27 - Down to the wire and Manning delivers.

Enjoy the weekend boys, I'll either be back to gloat or back as a goat.
And.....GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-17-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
Since week 4 of the 2013/2014 season, here are the AVERAGE FOR/AGAINST and MAX FOR/AGAINST scores for the Hawks and the Niners...

Wow, is this tight...
Attached Images

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2014, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Since week 4 of the 2013/2014 season, here are the AVERAGE FOR/AGAINST and MAX FOR/AGAINST scores for the Hawks and the Niners...

Wow, is this tight...
No joke!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Any score predictions??
49ers - 17
SeaHawks - 14

Denver - 42
NE - 34
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-17-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
Today Starbucks if giving away 12 cent coffee if you are wearing Seahawks gear. If you wear 49er gear you can pick up a free VHS tape of the team's greatest moments from any local Blockbuster. hehehehe
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2014, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Today Starbucks if giving away 12 cent coffee if you are wearing Seahawks gear. If you wear 49er gear you can pick up a free VHS tape of the team's greatest moments from any local Blockbuster. hehehehe
Funny but, does it include the most recent and RELEVANT game where the Niners beat the Hawks? VHS? That was a good one...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2014, 3:07 PM Reply   
Seattle - 17
49ers - 20

Denver - 29
New England -27
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Seattle 24-13

Denver 31-28
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
49ers-23
Hawks-20

Broncos-27
Pats-24
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
Seattle 24
San Fran 10

Broncos 27
Pats 21
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2014, 1:29 PM Reply   
Wow. Cliff and hate are pretty optimistic. Only 10-13 points for the Niners??? I hope the Niners can get into the hawks' heads like they got into Carolina's. Pretty sure the intimidation factor of the 12th man is far removed from what it was earlier in the season. The Cards' stomping of the hawks at home really helped that. I think I'm a little too into it right now. Gotta find something else to do. I should be out on the boat right now since its in the 70's in Nor-Cal. How's the weather in Seattle? Let me guess; cloudy with Chinese water torture rain with an occasional glimpse of light?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
No rain in sight but its pretty chilly 39°
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-18-2014, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. Cliff and hate are pretty optimistic. Only 10-13 points for the Niners??? I hope the Niners can get into the hawks' heads like they got into Carolina's. Pretty sure the intimidation factor of the 12th man is far removed from what it was earlier in the season. The Cards' stomping of the hawks at home really helped that. I think I'm a little too into it right now. Gotta find something else to do. I should be out on the boat right now since its in the 70's in Nor-Cal. How's the weather in Seattle? Let me guess; cloudy with Chinese water torture rain with an occasional glimpse of light?
Getting into the Hawks head? Yeah, the Rams tried that. Seattle stood strong and the Rams ended up melting down. I think the Saints went with that plan too... headhunting and getting chippy right away. No luck there either. This game will be physical... but there's no chance the Seahawks fall apart in the moment the way Carolina did.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-19-2014, 12:17 AM Reply   
49ers: 20
hawks: 17

broncos: 35
patriots: 24
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 3:34 AM Reply   
Madden is predicting a Patriots/49ers Super Bowl.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
93 yard 15 play drive ending with a TD! Go Peyton!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
13-3 at the half and Broncos get the ball first in the second half.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-19-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
Madden is half wrong. Broncos are in.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Madden is half wrong. Broncos are in.
But i'm half right Broncos are in.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 5:10 PM Reply   
Halftime at the clink. Referees are having drinks with Pete Carroll.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2014, 5:12 PM Reply   
Halftime.... Seattle is still in it and SF is not out of the woods AT ALL but, karma is knocking on seattles door for all that mouthing off. Really good game so far. Glad the Broncos won.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
No big surprise with the refs. They suck.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Got a bad feeling that only scoring a field goal on that first turnover is gonna haunt the Niners in the second half. They needed a TD.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
I guess the Seattle fans think that Bowman didn't recover that fumble?The refs are definitely on Seattles payroll. But wait the football gods have spoken fumble
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2014, 6:39 PM Reply   
Fourth quarter. Niners on the ropes.... No faith in Kap....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2014, 6:51 PM Reply   
Heart wrenching ending. Oh well. At least I can still root for Denver.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
Is Sherman the biggest douchebag in the NFL...?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Is Sherman the biggest douchebag in the NFL...?
He WILL meet his match against Manning. Thats if some 49ers fan doesn't B@tch Slap the S@IT out of him first.