Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-13-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
I went and looked at a 2011 vandal the other day which was supposed to be fully loaded except it only had the 335. Salesman quoted it at 60k after tax. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Axis was supposed to be a pricepoint boat? I was guessing I was being quoted an msrp. but I had heard of other guys on here getting a fully loaded 22 w the raptor for less. They also said the prices may go up another 6% next year? I really like the axis but I find it hard to justify purchasing one when last year model 230s and x-stars are going near invoice for 10k more. I think they are starting to outprice themselves if this is the case. Again it seemed like a great boat but I doubt I could ever justify paying 60k for one the way they are currently built.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-14-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
saw a draft for one come thru the bank the other day for 49k, not sure how much if any down payment they made.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Thats $20k less than an 09 X-star just sold for around here. And has the most reliable & longest used motor in the industry. Seems high because it's their signature boat, but lower than most others.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
49k sounds more about right. I remember people saying last year they could be had in the 40s. I saw a brand new 09 xstar listed for 72k
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Yes I know it's a good motor but is is the BASE motor. I was kinda of wanting the 383
Old     (mikeakatex5)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-14-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
I looked at an optioned out 2011 A22 (just not a vandall) a little while ago and it was 55k before tax so 60k otd sounds about right. If you read through some of the axis threads you will see all the talk about increase in shipping, cats on every motor now, and just a base increase the entire boat market has gone through. Axis still is a price point boat, just go take a look at comparable 2011 models from other makers. As far as the 335 is concerned, I think you will be fine with it as long as you go with the high altitude or core prop. I have an A20 with the 335 and made the mistake of going with the standard prop. It was only a mistake because I like to run weight most of the time so getting on plane with 2k lbs of ballast takes just a little bit longer than I like. That weight is going up to 3-4k soon so a new prop will be in order.