Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-01-2019, 12:42 PM Reply   
Hey has anyone see this guy? He bought @ auction for 22k this Super Air 230. It looks like it was flooded and the Rolled

In my opinion this guy is "very optimistic" , He bought something & it seems he has little to no Idea what he is in for. I love how he is going over the damage. Example in video #2 where HUGE structural damage has occurred at the Tower & the deck. I love he talks about that he dosen't know how he is gonna repair the "GELL GOAT" at the 6:55 portion in the #2 video, BRO you got more then Gel coat issues, Your Deck is cracked in 1/2 LOL LOL LOL The Fact that he is "Detailing the Boat" instead of ripping the entire thing down to nothing and then starting I find very funny, Its like your house has just burnt down and your out mowing the lawn. That said anything can be fixed or repaired, but my gut tells me this guys finished product is NOT gonna be what I would consider a Certified Used Boat LOL LOL

Video #1 https://youtu.be/RgyZ7pcD5eE
Video #2 https://youtu.be/dNGNhTFIBVU

This Boat looks like a good job for "Da Moose", Im sure he could fix up the cracks and Gell coat

Ok on a serious note. I hope this guy can get this boat going. I'm Serious I hope this guy makes me look stupid and fixes this thing up and gets everything to work. If you have ever seen Rich Rebuilds on You Tube where he totally rebuilds Tesla's my fingers crossed that this guy can get this Nautique all dialed in. This should be a interesting Series Im gonna Subscribe, hope you do to
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       05-02-2019, 4:25 AM Reply   
I subscribed. I would never take that on but good for him. I hope he can make it work. Interesting Nautique did not reinforce the fiberglass where the tower connects to the boat. Hopefully he can repair that glass and gel coat and reconnect the tower. I'm a little worried about the engine and all the water that is in it.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-02-2019, 4:51 AM Reply   
I would not want to be driving behind that guy on the highway.
Old     (Koolaid)      Join Date: Feb 2018       05-02-2019, 5:10 AM Reply   
Engine should the easiest part. If it was never fired up after the flood, pull plugs, check cats, crank over engine, swap oil and fire it up. Run it on a fake a lake for a bit, swap oil again. Go until the oil is not milky.

The two biggest issues I see is gaining back structural integrity where its been cracked and broken and the replacement tower. The stock tower i'm guessing will be about $18k retail, if they will even sell it.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       05-02-2019, 9:36 AM Reply   
I've been watching the Austin Area Boats on CoPart for the last few months since the flood and have been amazed how much they have been selling for. I'd venture to guess that half of them have been sold high enouugh that it would be next to impossible to have one back up to snuff for the price of a similar boat in good condition even if you paid cost for parts and did the majority of the work yourself.

Last edited by Treybiz; 05-02-2019 at 9:37 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-02-2019, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
Engine should the easiest part. If it was never fired up after the flood, pull plugs, check cats, crank over engine, swap oil and fire it up. Run it on a fake a lake for a bit, swap oil again. Go until the oil is not milky.

The two biggest issues I see is gaining back structural integrity where its been cracked and broken and the replacement tower. The stock tower i'm guessing will be about $18k retail, if they will even sell it.
umm... engine's don't like water in them. you crank one that has water in a cylinder, bent rod. start over
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-02-2019, 1:44 PM Reply   
yeah, i subscribed too, fun too watch since i got a nautique too. he can easily fix and reinforce where the tower connects by placing a thick piece of aluminum or stainless steel.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2019, 2:12 PM Reply   
It’s funny cause this same guy go’s over Co Parts auction boats in one of his videos where, He calls out a guy for paying 30 for a totaled just like his boat G-21. He dose a good job of making a quick list of all the parts one would need. Man things total $ up quick. I don’t see how you can pay close to 40k for a wrecked sunk destroyed boat and rebuild it and then put close to $35k in parts to rebuild it and then motor and electrical work???! And now your selling a $70k salvaged boat where you can buy it cherry for $80k
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-03-2019, 1:26 AM Reply   
Yep, he's gonna be WAY upside down on this thing, or, it will have a Monster tower on it, with a Bayliner windshield...$23k, plus the wrecker, plus the Copart fees, plus, pluss, he's closer to $25k before the POS trailer. He's got approx $8k in tower and windshield, add $3k for a bimini, $1k for a cover...then when it's done it's a30-40% discount when you need to sell it...
That G21 he slagged the buy for paying $31k was a better value...
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       05-03-2019, 3:14 AM Reply   
the sad part of all this will be the sap that buys this wreck once it's all back together and thinks they are getting a good boat....

hope he has enough integrity to tell a prospective buyer the real story behind the boat. something tells me he doesn't.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-03-2019, 3:39 AM Reply   
It's 100% possible to fix the boat and get it just as good as it was. It just depends on how you value your time, and whether not it's ever worth it to invest the time. If this process is his main source of income, then I can see why the youtube videos are heavily loaded with Ads.

They addressed the cylinders. Water in oil is nasty, but can be easily flushed.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 05-03-2019 at 3:49 AM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-03-2019, 4:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
They addressed the cylinders. Water in oil is nasty, but can be easily flushed.
I didn't watch the video... these youtube creeps drive me crazy

agree, he's gonna have more money in parts and time than he'll ever get out of it. hope he wants a destroyed G for the rest of his life.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-03-2019, 5:29 AM Reply   
Question: in TX do they have salvaged Titles? I’m asking is their anyway this guy could clean the title, to where a potential owner would never know it was salvaged.

I would be worried about all the electronic connections threw out the boat that got corrosion and will create electrical gremlins for years to come. Imagine having to trouble shoot and chase down all the BS stuff that will fail down the road. Boats that never sink have a list of stuff that go’s wrong, imagine adding that the boat was sunk and rolled and repaired buy a low budget Boat Flipper!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-03-2019, 9:32 AM Reply   
yes we have salvage titles. doubt he could get a clean one on it, once it's salvaged, it stays that way, right?
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-03-2019, 11:06 AM Reply   
Seems like when I moved from Georgia to Texas I just had to fill out an affidavit and provide my original bill is sale to get a title on my boat. Georgia doesn’t do boat titles (or at least didn’t back then). Something tells me it wouldn’t be hard to wash a salvage boat title by registering in a no title state and bringing it back in.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       05-03-2019, 11:45 AM Reply   
I had a guy working in the building I was in a few years ago in idaho that bought and sold salvage cars and it was not hard for him to wash a title and get a clean one.
always bothered me that it was not hard to do. he picked up a flood damaged car from the south one year and sold with a clean title.

after registering my boat here in nevada from a seller in oklahoma, it would not have been difficult to do it here as the dnr was kind of a joke.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-05-2019, 6:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
umm... engine's don't like water in them. you crank one that has water in a cylinder, bent rod. start over
Cranking a hydrolocked boat doesn't necessarily equate to a bent rod. Most will put up with some cranking before a rod goes. Most of the time the starter blows before a rod bends.
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-01-2020, 5:33 AM Reply   
Annnddd, it's on eBay! No disclaimer that the boat's been repaired...NICE