Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Cole)      Join Date: Sep 2017       07-18-2018, 11:59 AM Reply   
What boat brand do you think will hold the best value and have better resale?

Sanger
Moomba
Supreme
Old     (nick213)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-18-2018, 5:04 PM Reply   
Depending on your area, maintenance, dealers and what not it’s most likely supreme.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-19-2018, 10:15 PM Reply   
uggg... this question is so over played... They all depreciate on a fairly comparable %. It will more likely be about what boat you get a better deal on is going to help you on resale. Definitely go with a brand that has better dealer support and recognition in your market area. In Portland it would be Moomba and Supreme as there really is no network for Sanger around here. I am a Moomba fan for sure, but it is in the eye of the beholder... Don't let internet warriors make these decisions for you. Go with what you like the best cause you are the one that needs to be happy with your big purchase...
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       07-20-2018, 6:29 AM Reply   
^^Tyler nailed it... Get what you're going to be most happy with, and from the dealer you're most comfortable with
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-23-2018, 9:25 AM Reply   
If you're talking older boats Sanger all day . If you're talking brand new I still say Sanger all day . I would never own a Supreme Ive worked on a couple and the quality is criminal . I cant speak for Moomba other then the name sounds really stupid lol
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-23-2018, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
If you're talking older boats Sanger all day . If you're talking brand new I still say Sanger all day . I would never own a Supreme Ive worked on a couple and the quality is criminal . I cant speak for Moomba other then the name sounds really stupid lol
on walkabout after the barbie, eh?

Sanger for me. Even in Texas with limited dealer support
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2018, 1:58 PM Reply   
A few years ago I would have said Sanger, however I think the lower freeboard boats are going to be increasingly less desirable. Moomba is a Skiers Choice brand, and they are on the rise. I'd probably go with a Moomba of those three. It's basically Skiers Choice version of an Axis.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       07-24-2018, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
When was the last time you've been in a Supreme? Just curious, because I was never a fan of them 10 years or so ago (probably even up until about 5 years ago), but since a lot of the ex-Malibu people ended up there a few years ago (of course Shane Stillman being a big part of it), they've completely transformed those boats IMO. Their quality has changed ALOT in recent years. I do however agree with that assertion as it pertains to the older Supremes. Not my favorite boats back then
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2018, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
A few years ago I would have said Sanger, however I think the lower freeboard boats are going to be increasingly less desirable. Moomba is a Skiers Choice brand, and they are on the rise. I'd probably go with a Moomba of those three. It's basically Skiers Choice version of an Axis.
It's true, it takes a little skill behind the wheel to keep a Sanger dry when heavily weighted. But, I was riding behind a friends brand new 24MXZ a few weeks ago. His first inboard and first weekend with it out, he took a roller over the bow that would put most tsunamis to shame. I think he ruined a phone and really pissed off another friends wife as she wasn't planning on getting soaked and having her purse and all it contents floating around in the small pond that was now inside the boat.

Bigger boats with more free board are running more weight, so you still have to know how to drive one to keep it dry. will be interesting to see how the "gen 1" boat values fair compared to the current offerings in a few years, especially since the new ones are $$$$.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-26-2018, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slax303 View Post
When was the last time you've been in a Supreme? Just curious, because I was never a fan of them 10 years or so ago (probably even up until about 5 years ago), but since a lot of the ex-Malibu people ended up there a few years ago (of course Shane Stillman being a big part of it), they've completely transformed those boats IMO. Their quality has changed ALOT in recent years. I do however agree with that assertion as it pertains to the older Supremes. Not my favorite boats back then
I was a in a newer Supreme 2 or 3 years ago . I didn't spend enough time with it to honestly determine the quality. My first instinct was they have for sure improved but I couldn't help but feel like it was a polished turd . lol No offense to any Supreme owners I'm sure my opinions are biased because of my previous experiences .
I shopped all around when it was time for my broke butt to get a new to us used boat and really like the feel of a Sanger and the fact that they are built by hand here in California .