Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (aryder)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-30-2015, 10:09 PM Reply   
Anybody ever heard of BARE brand life jackets? Looking to get some decent but really cheap jackets for people who don't own their own equipment and found these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARE-Life-Ja...item4d2fc7e24c

anybody ever use these? They seem really cheap for a neoprene vest...
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-31-2015, 5:51 AM Reply   
http://www.baresports.com/en-US/Dive

looks like a dive company.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-31-2015, 5:54 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong for $20
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-31-2015, 5:54 AM Reply   
found their watersports site on there too but no life jackets. those have 12 dollar shipping on them. which is pretty high. so now you're up to 32 bucks a vest. i can find them on EVO in the name brands for that price a few times a year.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-31-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
costco usually has pretty nice vests for under $40 this time of year.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-31-2015, 6:31 AM Reply   
Costco has Hyperlite branded ones this year for $40. They looked pretty decent.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-31-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, I saw the Hyperlite vests at Costco. They are really nice for $40.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2015, 8:54 AM Reply   
Costo or sometimes Marshalls / TJ Maxx will have Oneill gear.

A ended up getting 5 boost vest for $30 each a couple of years back at Marshalls.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-31-2015, 10:17 AM Reply   
I second costco. They normally have decent vests there. Mine is a HO Costco special, very nice.
I have a friend who works at Costco corporate and is in charge of screening all product any manufacturer wants Costco to sell. They don't just negotiate price, but also negotiate quality. They won't accept anything less than the normal retail quality, but often times will kick the product back if they want it better quality than the retail version that is presented to them, normally at the same, or better price point.
A good example is my HO life vest. It is the same, but with different colorings as HOs vest that goes for $70-80, but is for $40. They didn't want to just carry the standard at the same or discounted price point, they wanted higher quality.

I actually got lucky and found mine on the side of the road one day at work, it was the beginning of the season, in almost new condition, and exactly my size. I have been happy with the performance 3 seasons later.

EDIT: I just checked Costco's site and they don't have any listed atm, it might be different in store though.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2015, 5:59 PM Reply   
BARE used to be huge in our industry, well the barefoot and waterski portion. Used to be great quality back then. Don't know how they fare these days but I would find it hard to believe that a soft goods company would go too far downhill in overall quality
Old     (woody_tobius_jr)      Join Date: Aug 2014       03-31-2015, 6:14 PM Reply   
I have a Bare life jacket, wasn't overly impressed with the buoyancy, and when it's been in the water a while it seems to get waterlogged. I used it for 1 season and the switched out to JetPilot vest.
Old     (2LakeWake)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-06-2015, 12:30 PM Reply   
I saw these a few weeks ago....inquired with the seller because I needed extra US CGA vests. These are canadian coast guard approved per the seller. Not sure what the local LEO and US Coasties would say about them.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       04-07-2015, 2:20 PM Reply   
Check out Sam's Club, I bought 6 or 7 of the Body Glove neoprene vests there a couple seasons back for $20 each. I was in the same situation where I was sick and tired of people using my good gear and not taking care of it, so they were the perfect "cheap" loaner option. They've held up surprisingly well so far, going into the third season with them.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2015, 3:56 PM Reply   
Bare Wetstuits are made by Fitzwright out of Lanlgey BC, Canada. I still have wetsuits from over 15 years ago and all work fine.
http://langley.cylex.ca/company/fitz...-16678069.html