Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Ahren)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-28-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
So how many of you on here would like to be able to listen to music you v wakeskate, wakeboard, waterski, wakesurf ect? Are any of you able to easily?

P.s. I know this is wakeboard related but I couldn't find a category that encompassed all the sports I mentioned.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-28-2014, 9:24 PM Reply   
I personally don't listen while I wakeboard because the beat sort of throws me off rhythm, but while wakesurfing I don't mind. Most of my friends like music while they wakeboard, The only speakers that I have ever heard that are clean sounding 75+ feet out are wetsounds, they definitely can blast out some sound.

But ya I reckon most people like to hear music while riding
Old     (wakehero21)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-30-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yeah I gotta have music playing while I wakeboard, I know its probably all in my head but I feel like I ride better with music
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-30-2014, 10:35 PM Reply   
I have way more fun when there's some good tunes playing, but I enjoy everything better with music playing. It's actually a proven fact that music is good for your overall health
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-31-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
I don't, I'm kind of in the zone and focused on riding. I don't even notice the exhaust of my boat, though I do notice other people's boats with mufflers are so quiet. I can't imagine I'd notice music for more than the first 30 seconds or so. Once I'm up and hitting the wake getting in a rhythm it would either be tuned out or be distracting. Other reason is to have speakers aimed back so a rider can hear would just be obnoxious for anyone else on the water.

What would be nice is one of those volume control jobbies that increases volume with MPH or RPM so those in the boat can listen but not have to be reaching to turn it up and down all the time when circling back. Often the volume ends up stay low so you can only hear it at idle and just off idle because it's annoying to adjust every few minutes if it's a more beginner rider or if someone is trying new tricks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-02-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
I like to her music whole I ride. Mostly while I carving around and warming up. The second I start edging in to the wake, I don't hear it. You could turn it off and I wouldn't even notice. It's good for getting the set started and getting me fired up though.

We have a tower full of wetsounds. They crank.