Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (ski_freak)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-05-2007, 4:32 AM Reply   
Has anyone ever tried to slalom behind a C4? I am in process of purchasing an 06 and was curious how bad the wake is at 32mph
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Even at 40mph there's still a wake, small, but profound. I'd say wrong boat for slalom. Have you looked into the new Enzo SV216?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
You can of course slalom behind it but the wake would be HARD if you where going to go with the Avalanche you would want a short rope and the bennet trim tab to make the wake as small as possible. Like Rodney said the Enzo 216 is a much better choice if you want to slalom ski
Old     (ski_freak)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2007, 2:51 AM Reply   
Well the Enzo was a bit pricy for me so I still opted for the C4. I think I have the trim tab on it. Is there more than 1 type for the C4? I have something but its not adjustable, just removeable. I was also thinking if I added lead to the bow it might flatten it out. I saw the wake at 32 and your right, pretty steep.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2007, 5:06 AM Reply   
Mark, i'm not sure about a removable trim tab, but yes there are 2 types. One is a manual aluminum plate that is basically bent up or down with hand turned adjusters. I would bet that this is what is on the boat. You'll want it adjusted as far down as possible. You could also add weight to the front and restrict any weight in the rear and center tanks. However, this is a hardcore wakeboat with the hull being designed for maximum wake without a lot of ballast.
Old    Ben Kerran            02-09-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
Mark- Weight in the bow of my Avy (even without additional weight to the rear) doesn't seem to make my wake any smaller (a little bigger/cleaner/less washy if anything). Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
The best you can hope for is with the trim tab down all the way, some weight in the front no ballast and a short slalom rope 22 off or shorter.
Like everyone has said this is a wakeboard wakesurf machine the hull was designed to have a big stock wake.
Old     (ski_freak)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
isnt my tab set at the factory and if i move it wont it mess the wake up for boarding? or would replacing it with the other type be a better option?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
The trim tab all the way down will most likley mess up the wakeboard wake The bennet trim tab can be added after the fact but will require some fibergalsss work. It will only make the slalom wake a bit better. I would see if your dealer can take you out in a boat with the bennett trim tab to see if it is worth the money to you
Old     (ski_freak)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
good suggestion they are in process of becoming a Cent dealer as 2 of them just went out of business and they are in negotiations with Cent which is a good thing for me, they are only 40 mins away. In the mean time i have a lot of learning to do as my last boat was an I/O and now this wake is like something evil kenival would do.

my daughters and i took lessons from adam fields a few years ago thats when i fell in love with this boat and i was still working on balance so this will be a nice treat.