Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       04-22-2015, 7:04 PM Reply   
Has anyone gotten their boat equipped with LED Speaker rings and/or underwater lights? Im thinking about doing mine and was wondering ball cost?

Thanks,
Chris
Old     (Tommy1005)      Join Date: May 2013       04-22-2015, 7:15 PM Reply   
About $50 per speaker for LED's. Underwater lights are priced all over the place. Anywhere from $100-$1000
Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       04-22-2015, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sorry I wasn't being specific, what it cost to have everything installed.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2015, 8:35 PM Reply   
I'm going to assume you aren't trolling...

Your second question was less specific than the first. You probably need some information like the following for someone to really help you out:

How many speakers do you have?
How big are your speakers?
RGB or single color?
Do you want a romantic glow or a blaze of glory off your transom?
Do you want down and dirty or balls to the wall install?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-22-2015, 8:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBroadus21 View Post
Sorry I wasn't being specific, what it cost to have everything installed.

Where are you located?
Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       04-23-2015, 12:54 PM Reply   
I was more or less asking if anyone has had theirs done and what it cost. I didn't think anyone would be able to quote me on mine specifically but, if someone can.

6- 6.5 inch speakers
1- 8 inch sub
2 - 8 inch tower speakers
would like under platform lighting
and a strip under the dash.

maybe 8 cup holders, but I'm not dead set on that. I want a decent glow, but not a glowing orb.

Blue only and wired up correctly to a switch.

I have looked online for prices on the components, just curious on what someone usually charges to instal this.
Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       04-23-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Where are you located?
louisville kentucky area
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-23-2015, 1:54 PM Reply   
DIY, you could do it all, including modest underwater transom lights, for under $500. If you pay for custom rings, could be closer to $1200. If you pay a dealer or installer, it wouldn't surprise me if they got you to $2K pretty easy. And of course the sky is the limit on transom lighting. You could easily spend $1200 just on transom lights if you want to.
Old     (CBroadus21)      Join Date: Jul 2014       04-23-2015, 2:44 PM Reply   
cool, thank you. I think ill just get some beer and spend a rainy day or 2 on it. wasn't sure if anything special needed to be done or if it was a basic electrical job.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-23-2015, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBroadus21 View Post
louisville kentucky area

Pro Installs Mobile and Marine in Paducah Ky did the LED's in my boat. Did an absolutely amazing job on it and had the best customer service I've ever had. Maybe jonyb will chime in. It's worth the drive. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429850067.139333.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  154.6 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429850094.344067.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  135.3 KB
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-24-2015, 3:56 AM Reply   
You will never know the cost on any of this until you call somebody and talk to them about it. Shawn is from the West Coast, pricing is a lot different over there. THe cost also depends on the quality of work. I'm from 4 hours Southwest of you, and actually have a boat from Louisville coming in next week. I have a few clients up in that area already. I cover most of KY.

Thanks for the referral Chase!!!!
Old     (Tommy1005)      Join Date: May 2013       04-24-2015, 6:11 AM Reply   
LED's are an easy install......just run positive and ground wires around the perimeter of the boat and splice into it where you want to put the lights. Splice, solder, heat shrink, then wire in the switch and you're done.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-24-2015, 6:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy1005 View Post
LED's are an easy install......just run positive and ground wires around the perimeter of the boat and splice into it where you want to put the lights. Splice, solder, heat shrink, then wire in the switch and you're done.

Ever tried to make rings? I'd rather pay to have them made than have the headache of making them myself. I know that a thick cup holder ring would cost on the west coast. They'd be in shock if they knew how much it cost where I live 😉
Old     (Tommy1005)      Join Date: May 2013       04-24-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
building the rings themselves is miserable, no doubt......what I was saying is that installing them once they are assembled is easy.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2015, 6:03 AM Reply   
I installed some waterproof 16 foot long strip leds on my moto trailer and boy do they work well. I may run some under the gunnels of my boat. I purchased them for $8 per roll on amazon while I see them in Home Depot for $34. Low power draw and just the right amount of light.
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2015, 10:33 AM Reply   
Do they make LED bulbs that would just simply plug into the current courtesy lights inside a boat? You know save the trouble of having to wire, splice, solder, etc.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-05-2015, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidin_out View Post
Do they make LED bulbs that would just simply plug into the current courtesy lights inside a boat? You know save the trouble of having to wire, splice, solder, etc.
Yes, they do, search eBay with your bulb types. I did all the courtesy lights in my truck (interior, license plate, map, and side markers) for less than 10 bucks. I even had enough left over for a buddies truck. They are not as nice as the custom strips but better than regular incandescent bulbs for the stock locations.