Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-06-2021, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Considering democrats are moving to make it law that they can. Who is making mountains out of molehills? Seems to me the people trying to get it into law are the idiots.
Great point.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-06-2021, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Great point.
Great point? Your Saint FOX news network could find 9 cases of trans athletes competing in school, yet felt the need to run Tucker, hannity, ingraham and the rest over 120 separate stories based on only 9 cases. Have you lost every single measure of thought left in your head? Seems they are just trying to fire you up on the same thing over and over and over and over again. and you buy in like its raw meat night after night. You must be the idiot with 900 mypillows
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-06-2021, 9:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Great point? Your Saint FOX news network could find 9 cases of trans athletes competing in school, yet felt the need to run Tucker, hannity, ingraham and the rest over 120 separate stories based on only 9 cases. Have you lost every single measure of thought left in your head? Seems they are just trying to fire you up on the same thing over and over and over and over again. and you buy in like its raw meat night after night. You must be the idiot with 900 mypillows
Your hilarious flailing is not as entertaining as it used to be. Now, you're like watching a mentally ill, homeless person going back and forth with random, non-sensical motions, governed only by the random, ill thoughts in your pot-addled head. You either need help or a permanent choke hold to put you out of your TDS misery. I vote for the latter.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2021, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your hilarious flailing is not as entertaining as it used to be. Now, you're like watching a mentally ill, homeless person going back and forth with random, non-sensical motions, governed only by the random, ill thoughts in your pot-addled head. You either need help or a permanent choke hold to put you out of your TDS misery. I vote for the latter.
It must suck that your primary source of information is proved to be worse and worse daily. Tuckers lawyers say that he is only there for entertainment and only a fool would think he was actually telling the truth. Then the Krakken, Sidney Powell plays the same, that only an idiot would believe what she says as she defended trump and tried to say the election was fraudulant. Conspiracy theory guy Alex Jones uses the samr defense. That wasnt enough, now FOXitus is a defense in court. W T actual F. Keep posting your daily FOX updates, literally proves you are a fool and wrong on the daily. ie, flailing. Clown.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...xitis-foxmania

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact,” Powell's attorneys said in a court filing defending her against a billion-dollar defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems, the manufacturer of the election equipment she claimed was involved in the conspiracy to steal the election.

Under New York law, for Carlson’s words to be defamatory, his viewers would have to believe he meant them. And despite calling the facts he was relaying “undisputed,” despite presenting himself as a journalist on a network with “news” in its name, Fox News’s lawyers are arguing that no one believes Carlson is telling the straight truth

This is reminiscent of fellow far-right “news” host Alex Jones, who has had to defend his monstrous lies about the Sandy Hook shooting in court. He has argued before that he’s a “performance artist” basically playing the character of a rightwing conspiracy theorist, as if that nullifies the damage done both to those who he attacks and those who take him at his word and absorb his lies as gospel, as so many Fox News viewers do.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-07-2021, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
It must suck that your primary source of information is proved to be worse and worse daily. Tuckers lawyers say that he is only there for entertainment and only a fool would think he was actually telling the truth. Then the Krakken, Sidney Powell plays the same, that only an idiot would believe what she says as she defended trump and tried to say the election was fraudulant. Conspiracy theory guy Alex Jones uses the samr defense. That wasnt enough, now FOXitus is a defense in court. W T actual F. Keep posting your daily FOX updates, literally proves you are a fool and wrong on the daily. ie, flailing. Clown.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...xitis-foxmania

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact,” Powell's attorneys said in a court filing defending her against a billion-dollar defamation lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems, the manufacturer of the election equipment she claimed was involved in the conspiracy to steal the election.

Under New York law, for Carlson’s words to be defamatory, his viewers would have to believe he meant them. And despite calling the facts he was relaying “undisputed,” despite presenting himself as a journalist on a network with “news” in its name, Fox News’s lawyers are arguing that no one believes Carlson is telling the straight truth

This is reminiscent of fellow far-right “news” host Alex Jones, who has had to defend his monstrous lies about the Sandy Hook shooting in court. He has argued before that he’s a “performance artist” basically playing the character of a rightwing conspiracy theorist, as if that nullifies the damage done both to those who he attacks and those who take him at his word and absorb his lies as gospel, as so many Fox News viewers do.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah........

No one cares what you say. Four months since the occupant of your skull has been out of office and you STILL can’t shake that TDS! Loser! If you have any family that is still stupid enough to talk to you, I feel sorry for them.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2021, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah........

No one cares what you say. Four months since the occupant of your skull has been out of office and you STILL can’t shake that TDS! Loser! If you have any family that is still stupid enough to talk to you, I feel sorry for them.
Its pretty impressive what Biden has accomplished in just 4 short months. Now the admin is lifting IP patents on vaccines. More fantastic ideas to make america great again.
Wanna know what no one cares about? Your FOXBREAKINGNEWS posts. Next.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-07-2021, 3:05 PM Reply   
Yeah... Joe Biden... a man barely alive. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. he’s the Six Trillion Dollar Man.

The only things he’s accomplished is screwing up the border so bad, killing off the oil industry so we all pay more at the pump, overseen and handed us wild inflation, put our great great grandchildren in debt etc etc etc...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-07-2021, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now the admin is lifting IP patents on vaccines.
They are certainly paying lip service to it, will be shocked if it happens
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-08-2021, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Its pretty impressive what Biden has accomplished in just 4 short months. Now the admin is lifting IP patents on vaccines. More fantastic ideas to make america great again.
Wanna know what no one cares about? Your FOXBREAKINGNEWS posts. Next.
Another glaring example of where your party’s putrid ideas and policies lead to in your own back yard. Exposed here by none other than your favorite news source. How anyone can remain a democrat after reading this is beyond me.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angel...ings-stabbings
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2021, 1:13 PM Reply   
Issues like this highlight one of the primary differences between left and right. The right see homeless people and blame them entirely for their predicament. The left see homeless people and blame structural problems in the system for their predicament. Both are true to a degree I guess but personally I think that the structure has a greater influence than the individual. I don't have the arrogance to think my life would be the same if I had the lived experience of a bum on the street.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2021, 6:42 AM Reply   
This is the best way I’ve seen to handle a big part of the homeless crisis so far. Now, all the cities have to do is enforce the already existing no public camping laws and finally rid themselves of all that blight. They can at least get these people off the streets, give them a safe starting point and create some hope for anyone who is honestly in need of a hand up. At this point, almost anything is better than having to look at the blight throughout my state. Especially a relatively low cost solution like this.
https://abc7.com/tiny-homes-home-vil...eles/10220315/
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2021, 7:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Issues like this highlight one of the primary differences between left and right. The right see homeless people and blame them entirely for their predicament. The left see homeless people and blame structural problems in the system for their predicament. Both are true to a degree I guess but personally I think that the structure has a greater influence than the individual. I don't have the arrogance to think my life would be the same if I had the lived experience of a bum on the street.
No

The right sees this as a gleaming example of the failures by the left in the stronghold. The record homeless populations and the violence associated with them is a direct result of the long time push and implementation of insane democratic policies. Reap your reward. Enjoy the results of your continued democratic support
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2021, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
So 9 cases involving transgender athletes shouldn’t be a blip of a new story it isn’t worth a discussion ??????????

I guess 14 cases of police shootings involving unarmed black people falls under that same category ....not even worth mentioning ?How many news stories and cities were burned down in the name of that ? How many hours of news reals on the leftist media sites were rolled based on that statistic.

Ohhhhhh

Only the Hypocrisy shinning through again. The usual leftist commie double standard slapping you in the face again.

Take a 10 day hiatus and your still the same idiot spewing the same hypocritical nonsense in the first page I read. Truly Groundhog Day

9 athletes ( which there are plenty more not being discussed here but in the Lower ranks ) non existent issue , 14 blacks Killed by police national emergency.

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-09-2021 at 7:59 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2021, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
No

The right sees this as a gleaming example of the failures by the left in the stronghold. The record homeless populations and the violence associated with them is a direct result of the long time push and implementation of insane democratic policies. Reap your reward. Enjoy the results of your continued democratic support
What democratic policies drive homelessness, what is the republican alternative policy?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2021, 9:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
9 athletes ( which there are plenty more not being discussed here but in the Lower ranks ) non existent issue , 14 blacks Killed by police national emergency.
In your mind a women being in an unfair competitive sports environment is as terrible as a black person being shot by a cop? Hmmmmm.

To be fair I'm not a stake holder in women's sport, I don't watch it, I don't compete in it. If women don't have a problem competing against transgender women then I don't have a problem with it even if I think it's unfair and stupid.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2021, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
What democratic policies drive homelessness, what is the republican alternative policy?
It’s late at the moment, but I’ll start with the first few....
1. Not enforcing the no-camping laws.
2. Turning a blind eye to chronic crime.
3. Early release of prisoners.
4. Passing out free needles and creating centers for junkies to shoot up.
5. Ignoring the chronic public dumping of trash and toxic waste.
6. Ignoring property damage, violence and generally all crime committed by homeless people.
7. Decriminalizing things like breaking into cars by homeless who are searching for things to steal in said car.

Catch me on a well-rested day and I can triple this list.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-10-2021, 6:32 AM Reply   
So how did you woke libtards celebrate Mother’s Day while being who you are? Did you call it birther’s day like your woke cult requires? How do you handle it when a “mother” is a tranny? Does the tranny feel excluded by not getting to be called a birther? Seems you perpetually offended a-holes painted yourselves into a corner with that one.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-10-2021, 6:38 AM Reply   
Lol
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-10-2021, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
6. Ignoring property damage, violence and generally all crime committed by homeless people.
7. Decriminalizing things like breaking into cars by homeless who are searching for things to steal in said car.

Complaining isnt a policy. Its just whining with zero thought or effort. What republican policy fixes it?
Is it the R policy to require belief in the trump lies or youre a RINO? Why are you fine folks dumping a colleague who voted with trump 97% for one who was a 67%er? The difference i see is the 67%er thinks trump won in 2020, the other believes he led a violent insurrection on our country and voted to impeach him.
Since trump won in 2020, thats his 2 terms, not even legal to run for a third time, right?
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-10-2021, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
In your mind a women being in an unfair competitive sports environment is as terrible as a black person being shot by a cop? Hmmmmm.

To be fair I'm not a stake holder in women's sport, I don't watch it, I don't compete in it. If women don't have a problem competing against transgender women then I don't have a problem with it even if I think it's unfair and stupid.
In your mind is 14 black people shot by police worse than the thousands of black people shot by other black people every year? You don't hear about that on national news. Hmmmmm.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2021, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:

None of these things prevent homelessness.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2021, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
In your mind is 14 black people shot by police worse than the thousands of black people shot by other black people every year? You don't hear about that on national news. Hmmmmm.
No of course not, why would you think that?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2021, 5:06 AM Reply   
Biden’s border crisis exposed. Gee, I wonder if 95’s MSM will cover this. Hmm
https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-cr...doned-in-texas
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Biden’s border crisis exposed. Gee, I wonder if 95’s MSM will cover this. Hmm
https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-cr...doned-in-texas
As I have stated more than once, its a terrible Humanitarian Crisis. Its on the nightly news, well...nightly. So yes, they are covering it fully.
How are you going to fix it? FOX has no answer.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 9:01 AM Reply   
GOP, Worlds Largest Anti Democracy Force.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/micha...b0daf2b597b721
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then why are you demoncrats trying to get it into law?????? Only one firing up people is idiots trying to get it into law. Quit with the social decay laws and people will not be fired up. You commies (well it is done on purpose for one) like to set fires then complain there is not enough fire departments. Quit setting fires then there is plenty of fire departments for the actual fires. Quit telling people to not to react when you are the ones pushing for a reaction.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Problem is, the lefts structural system is what puts many of them on the streets. kalifornias buy in to the basic economy is so high, you have low chances to get in if you don't have special training. If you were one of those people wanting to do odd jobs or work partially or even retire, you will be on the street in no time. You can not even have an old car due to smog restrictions. Can't even give a poor person a car for the same issue.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, many homeless are there due to mental illness and drug abuse. There is no legal authority to get drug users off the street in places like kali where they pretty much legalized all drug use even heroin and meth. Without the ability to put them into the system, they are on the street.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:

8. decriminalizing pretty much all lower level violent criminal behavior - this drives legit business out of the city. It drives tourists away. It lowers overall budgets. It ends up just being a big toilet bowl flushing down the drain. Don't worry though. There is an app where the citizens can report the piles of human crap on the sidewalks for the city to come clean up.

This is just a repeat of the 60's and into the early 70's. This is all the same ideas from then and ended up with Jimmy Carter. Biden is Jimmy Carter. Eventually the citizens were so over it, they voted in Reagan. rinse and repeat
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Complaining isnt a policy. Its just whining with zero thought or effort. What republican policy fixes it?
Is it the R policy to require belief in the trump lies or youre a RINO? Why are you fine folks dumping a colleague who voted with trump 97% for one who was a 67%er? The difference i see is the 67%er thinks trump won in 2020, the other believes he led a violent insurrection on our country and voted to impeach him.
Since trump won in 2020, thats his 2 terms, not even legal to run for a third time, right?
Quite driving regulations and signing on to treaties that move middle class jobs off shore. People won't feel the need to clump into cites to get a few dollars then the problem and opportunity is socialized among hundreds of towns instead of moving them to the cities. That would be the first thing.

Re criminalize your drug culture so the system can take them in an reform them/ get them treatment.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Problem is, the lefts structural system is what puts many of them on the streets. kalifornias buy in to the basic economy is so high, you have low chances to get in if you don't have special training. If you were one of those people wanting to do odd jobs or work partially or even retire, you will be on the street in no time. You can not even have an old car due to smog restrictions. Can't even give a poor person a car for the same issue.
I have a 1968 volks I drive all the time, registered, insured. I have a 1998 4Runner, registered, insured, smogged, no problems. I got a 2 1966's and a 1967 that will be up and registered insured by years end. Whats the prob with old cars? My pal has a 89' Prelude for sale if you need another good transportation whip.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
None of these things prevent homelessness.
actually it does. People will move to the most comfortable thing they know. We are all the same. Human nature will always move to what is easier. Even though it is a bad choice, if it is easier to live as a homeless person then people will move to it. Just like it is easier to stay on welfare generationally because they know the rules. They know how to do it and it is easier than moving or paying attention for 12 to 16 years in school to make it. human nature.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, many homeless are there due to mental illness and drug abuse. There is no legal authority to get drug users off the street in places like kali where they pretty much legalized all drug use even heroin and meth. Without the ability to put them into the system, they are on the street.
This.
The reason for legalization is because w/o our jails would be over crowded. That wont fix the issue.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
No of course not, why would you think that?
because you guys love to get your BLM on, while ignoring the thousands murdered by other blacks each and every year in the democrat cities. Get rid of the black people murdering each other year after year and the US has a violent crime rate on par with the best places in Europe. Even with all our guns. Instead of addressing the real issue, the democrats and their foreign apologists like you, try to advocate that all other people must change their culture to match the one that is killing everyone.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
This.
The reason for legalization is because w/o our jails would be over crowded. That wont fix the issue.
Then open up the treatment centers. You can not have these people in with polite society. You don't fix society by allowing those who will destroy it to do so. At the end of the day, it has to be a societal effort. Instead you democrats just want to make it anything goes. Well, anything goes is easy and people will go that route. Including drug addiction. The glorification of drugs is everywhere and being pushed to make it mainstream by entertainment people for decades. The same people who thought raping women so they can have a movie role was ok, but I digress.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
8. decriminalizing pretty much all lower level violent criminal behavior - this drives legit business out of the city. It drives tourists away. It lowers overall budgets. It ends up just being a big toilet bowl flushing down the drain. Don't worry though. There is an app where the citizens can report the piles of human crap on the sidewalks for the city to come clean up.

This is just a repeat of the 60's and into the early 70's. This is all the same ideas from then and ended up with Jimmy Carter. Biden is Jimmy Carter. Eventually the citizens were so over it, they voted in Reagan. rinse and repeat
If #8 were accurate, how does the Democratic Kali have a $75B surplus?
How is Biden like JCarter? They both followed a repub that tanked the economy?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Quite driving regulations and signing on to treaties that move middle class jobs off shore. People won't feel the need to clump into cites to get a few dollars then the problem and opportunity is socialized among hundreds of towns instead of moving them to the cities. That would be the first thing.

Re criminalize your drug culture so the system can take them in an reform them/ get them treatment.

Last week I informed you of several of Bidens America First proposals, hire Americans, buy from Americans...Did you forget already?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
As I have stated more than once, its a terrible Humanitarian Crisis. Its on the nightly news, well...nightly. So yes, they are covering it fully.
Trump had a handle on it. You criminalize to the full extent of the law for illegal crossings. You do not give any path to citizenship for illegals. You do not give education or medical like kalifornia does to illegals. You tax at 100% any money that is wired out of the country by people who do not have proper documentation and then you also make the ones who do claim it on their taxes for record keeping.

You do not make it easy to be illegal. Unfortunately the democrats plan has made this impossible. They have let too many in and now their children are voting in mass to keep it open. kalifornia will never be able to reclaim itself. Only potential hope is the democrats go so anti religious or pro crime that it turns off that group so much that they would be willing to vote against that stuff and jeopardize their families crossing the border.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Last week I informed you of several of Bidens America First proposals, hire Americans, buy from Americans...Did you forget already?
That is for federal and their are other caviates that make that impossible. Such as the products not made in America. I already explained how that is not enough. Did you forget already?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
actually it does. People will move to the most comfortable thing they know. We are all the same. Human nature will always move to what is easier. Even though it is a bad choice, if it is easier to live as a homeless person then people will move to it. Just like it is easier to stay on welfare generationally because they know the rules. They know how to do it and it is easier than moving or paying attention for 12 to 16 years in school to make it. human nature.
Its true, people like water follow the path of least resistance. Its also easier to be home less in temperate weather of California. Id guess much of our homeless population came from out of state. Should we send them back to where they came from? Put up a wall around the state? Only allow OG Californians to own property? Camping in a tent for a few days is fun, doing it every day year after year is a crap lifestyle. Easy it is not.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
If #8 were accurate, how does the Democratic Kali have a $75B surplus?
How is Biden like JCarter? They both followed a repub that tanked the economy?
Kali has a surplus due to high taxes. Kali for the first time had a net export of middle class out of the state for the first time in its history and that is even after winning the right to count your illegals in the census. Record numbers of homelessness. considered the highest amount of poor people per capita than anywhere in the country.

Gee, I wonder how they got a surplus? I don't know. They are luck for the video game industry and hollywood bringing in billions into the state. Record imports from china coming through kalifornia ports. While those jobs are great, they only benefit a few. Software development can be done by a few but sold to a world wide distribution instantly. They are getting that reward. The profits are so insane that the software companies are just happy. Places that have to manufacture not so much as the regulations and taxes drive them out because they have to compete with china.

As far as tanking economy. Our economy was great. quite being a dick and using a china made bioweapon attack as a reason the economy dipped and blaming it on anyone. If you want to blame anyone, blame the democrat governors for overly shutting down their economies to play politics over peoples lives.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 05-11-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Its true, people like water follow the path of least resistance. Its also easier to be home less in temperate weather of California. Id guess much of our homeless population came from out of state. Should we send them back to where they came from? Put up a wall around the state? Only allow OG Californians to own property? Camping in a tent for a few days is fun, doing it every day year after year is a crap lifestyle. Easy it is not.
living in a tent is easier than getting off drugs, getting educated and getting a job. I doubt too many people who are homeless have made the trip to kali. I know you guys think back east is the Nevada border, but the country is pretty large. Walking across vast desert areas to get to the state is unlikely. By definition kali does have a wall around it unless you are from mexico or china coming in by boat via smugglers.

My wife lived in a tent as a teen in kali. She found it hard but because she was not a drug addict she decided to get educated and chose to join the work force. Taking any job. Getting a job then driving 4 hours a day back and forth to Sacramento to go to a trade school. She did alright for herself. It was hard but she did it. For the vast majority, staying on drugs in a city that will give you a pay check is easier than that.

Top it off, I was basically homeless at 18. We lost our family home. I moved in with friends and a girl friend and had to use their good graces at the time. I finished my degree and got recruited to come to kali. I have done ok.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 05-11-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Trump had a handle on it. You criminalize to the full extent of the law for illegal crossings. You do not give any path to citizenship for illegals. You do not give education or medical like kalifornia does to illegals. You tax at 100% any money that is wired out of the country by people who do not have proper documentation and then you also make the ones who do claim it on their taxes for record keeping.

You do not make it easy to be illegal. Unfortunately the democrats plan has made this impossible. They have let too many in and now their children are voting in mass to keep it open. kalifornia will never be able to reclaim itself. Only potential hope is the democrats go so anti religious or pro crime that it turns off that group so much that they would be willing to vote against that stuff and jeopardize their families crossing the border.
You propose Zero path to citizenship, pay taxes on your paycheck AND on family Charity at 100%? oH and no education, no medical? Why the F pay taxes if you get nothing but penalized? And how do you keep track of everyone in your plan if all are undocumented with no paperwork? I dont think this is a viable tax plan. Nice try tho. What about a 100% tax on private jet aircraft? or yachts? Houses over 10,000 sqft? thats clearly disposable income, right? Think that would pass?
If they send money to Mexican relatives, doesnt that keep the relatives in Mexico? Isnt that what you want?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
You propose Zero path to citizenship, pay taxes on your paycheck AND on family Charity at 100%? oH and no education, no medical? Why the F pay taxes if you get nothing but penalized? And how do you keep track of everyone in your plan if all are undocumented with no paperwork? I dont think this is a viable tax plan. Nice try tho. What about a 100% tax on private jet aircraft? or yachts? Houses over 10,000 sqft? thats clearly disposable income, right? Think that would pass?
If they send money to Mexican relatives, doesnt that keep the relatives in Mexico? Isnt that what you want?
because THEY SHOULD NOT BE HERE!!!!. They are by definition criminals. If you don't want to pay taxes and get nothing for it, then don't come here to work as a criminal. Do it the right way like all the other worlds citizens. Not monetizing them coming here will keep them from coming here. We already know the lessons of the wild. You see the signs all over to not feed the bears. Same with criminal behavior. Sure, it will happen but you don't make it an incentive to do so.

The state tax payers are paying over $65 billion a year to subsidize illegals. I don't thing people with private jets are a tax burden. The are more than likely either hiring people or they are getting way too rich off of exploiting criminals. 10% of our state is illegals. Their children add to that number by being citizens. Then you have a state that is 25% foreign born? How does that happen? In a state that has limited resources like water, you add over 10 million extra people from out of the country to that that are counted. No new roads (can't due to envionazism and geography). No knew water supplies. Yet the state wants to tax the workers to pay to the tune of $65 billion a year to pay for the illegals and put on more regulations because the state allows over 10 million foreign born into the state to try and mitigate traffic, pollution and water resources.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kali has a surplus due to high taxes. Kali for the first time had a net export of middle class out of the state for the first time in its history and that is even after winning the right to count your illegals in the census. Record numbers of homelessness. considered the highest amount of poor people per capita than anywhere in the country.

Gee, I wonder how they got a surplus? I don't know. They are luck for the video game industry and hollywood bringing in billions into the state. Record imports from china coming through kalifornia ports. While those jobs are great, they only benefit a few. Software development can be done by a few but sold to a world wide distribution instantly. They are getting that reward. The profits are so insane that the software companies are just happy. Places that have to manufacture not so much as the regulations and taxes drive them out because they have to compete with china.

As far as tanking economy. Our economy was great. quite being a dick and using a china made bioweapon attack as a reason the economy dipped and blaming it on anyone. If you want to blame anyone, blame the democrat governors for overly shutting down their economies to play politics over peoples lives.
Illegals have been counted in the census because it says so in the constitution. There is no new win to make it law, it has always been law. Its is not a state decision, CA has same rules as Alabama.
CA has been shrinking but its not even in the top 10.
https://texasnewsexpress.com/0519202...te-populations
Software, imports.. are you complaining about capitalism? And it only benefits a few? The democratic agenda plans to tax those few, to use more of made in America. "Those few" you are upset about wealth distribution? Vote Dem.
The economy was in recession prior to Covid. Covid put the nails in the coffin, but it was already dead, hole was dug. The biggest democratic Gov that shut things down and shut down first and hardest was Newsome and he has $75B surplus? We also have the lowest Covid rates in the country. The proof is that he was the most successful Gov in the country. Thats called Winning Big in politics. He will win in recall and you idiots will burn $400Million in election costs to prove him right.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Illegals have been counted in the census because it says so in the constitution. There is no new win to make it law, it has always been law. Its is not a state decision, CA has same rules as Alabama.
Software, imports.. are you complaining about capitalism? And it only benefits a few? The democratic agenda plans to tax those few, to use more of made in America. "Those few" you are upset about wealth distribution? Vote Dem.
The economy was in recession prior to Covid. Covid put the nails in the coffin, but it was already dead, hole was dug. The biggest democratic Gov that shut things down and shut down first and hardest was Newsome and he has $75B surplus? We also have the lowest Covid rates in the country. The proof is that he was the most successful Gov in the country. Thats called Winning Big in politics. He will win in recall and you idiots will burn $400Million in election costs to prove him right.
Illegals are not citizens and should not count in house of representative distribution. What you are doing is giving foreign nationals representation in our government. Talk about foreign influence in our elections. You want a direct link.

I am not complaining about capitalism. I am explaining how kalifornia gets a surplus, but at the same time impacts all levels of society to pay for the foreign criminals to the tune of over $65 billion a year and the drain on resources that is not sustainable.

Hate to tell you their fluffy. kali has been a demcorat state for a while and guess what? Your polices have led to the biggest divide between the haves and have nots ever. Just like in all the big cities. Your policies of "equality" also end up with those who choose to not participate and the ones in the middle get to deal with the mess. They end up moving and down the drain it goes. Instead, the dems double down on the replacement because they are selling an international product and can afford to not live in the filth they created.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
So basically what you are saying is kalifornia is draining the middle class to the tune of $140 billion a year in extra taxes to pay for this (between paying for illegals and extra surplus). 11.8 percent of the state is in poverty. basically if you boil it down, if half the state population is bearing that brunt (and they are because the lower 47% do not pay taxes), that means everyone one of those 20 million people are paying an additional $7000 a year each on top of the taxes required to run the state.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-11-2021, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
... and they are because the lower 47% do not pay taxes ...
Kinda surprised that this Mitt Romney myth is still around.

All poor people pay sales tax, all poor people who put gas in a vehicle pay fuel tax, most poor people pay property tax (even renters do -- landlords bake it into their rent, but I 'spose the homeless don't).

Income tax is a way to introduce some progress into the system, with the "haves" paying more than the "have nots," once certain income thresholds are met.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 05-11-2021 at 12:04 PM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Kinda surprised that this Mitt Romney myth is still around.

All poor people pay sales tax, all poor people who put gas in a vehicle pay fuel tax, most poor people pay property tax (even renters do -- landlords bake it into their rent, but I 'spose the homeless don't).

Income tax is a way to introduce some progress into the system, with the "haves" paying more than the "have nots," once certain income thresholds are met.
claiming rent is a tax because landlords put it into the rent but don't claim carbon taxes are not taxes to the tune of $15 billion a year are not tax because they are somehow not passed to the masses? Do tell me more.

The lower 47% is not a myth. The lower 47% pay no income taxes. The poor do not buy as much as the middle and upper classes. Poor people don't drive 1.5 hours each way work. not cost effective. Point stands we are paying nearly $7000 a person in addition to our other taxes to pay for democrats wet dreams of replacing Americans with foreigners. This is on top of the other fuel taxes we have to pay to get to those jobs due to the clogged infrastructure that democrats are causing and the additional carbon taxes that apparently not taxes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-11-2021, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
claiming rent is a tax because landlords put it into the rent but don't claim carbon taxes are not taxes to the tune of $15 billion a year are not tax because they are somehow not passed to the masses? Do tell me more
All privately held real property is subject to real property taxes. Landlords who don't factor the carrying costs of their property (taxes, maintenance, insurance, etc.) into rent don't stay in business. Real estate taxes are thus paid by renters. And in the case of commercial enterprises, those taxes are ultimately paid by consumers, because for a business to successfully rent commercial space, the overhead needs to be made up with the prices charged for tenant-business's goods or services.

(though frequently commercial leases will just pass the tax directly onto the tenant to be paid, rather than cooking it into the rent. Compare gross lease (typically office lease) with triple net lease).

In the interest of "telling more," I have no idea what the second part of your sentence means.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
All privately held real property is subject to real property taxes. Landlords who don't factor the carrying costs of their property (taxes, maintenance, insurance, etc.) into rent don't stay in business. Real estate taxes are thus paid by renters. And in the case of commercial enterprises, those taxes are ultimately paid by consumers, because for a business to successfully rent commercial space, the overhead needs to be made up with the prices charged for tenant-business's goods or services.

(though frequently commercial leases will just pass the tax directly onto the tenant to be paid, rather than cooking it into the rent. Compare gross lease (typically office lease) with triple net lease).

In the interest of "telling more," I have no idea what the second part of your sentence means.
Typically for home rent, the rent seemed to be just under what someone could buy a house for themselves. I guess it is how you package the message. I could be packaged the owner pays the taxes and takes a reduced profit relying on equity gain. In the case of taxes on businesses or carbon taxes, democrats are constantly telling us that they are just taxes on rich business owners, but we know the truth. They are indirect taxes on the consumer. you are almost there on admitting it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-11-2021, 1:48 PM Reply   
Ahhh you mean like how US consumers of Chinese goods pay the import tariffs, not China?

Yes, 100% agree that taxes are ultimately borne by the consumer of the goods or services. Increase a business’s cost of doing business and the cost will get passed along to the consumer.

Taxes at the Corp level are thus all kind of a hidden tax.

Whether or not that makes sense from a tax policy perspective is a very good and interesting question.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-11-2021, 1:52 PM Reply   
Never been easier to pick up an illegal, you can almost purchase one now. Sad, but just "become a sponsor" and you can have a van full of children/ teenagers. What is this world coming to.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
claiming rent is a tax because landlords put it into the rent but don't claim carbon taxes are not taxes to the tune of $15 billion a year are not tax because they are somehow not passed to the masses? Do tell me more.

The lower 47% is not a myth. The lower 47% pay no income taxes. The poor do not buy as much as the middle and upper classes. Poor people don't drive 1.5 hours each way work. not cost effective. Point stands we are paying nearly $7000 a person in addition to our other taxes to pay for democrats wet dreams of replacing Americans with foreigners. This is on top of the other fuel taxes we have to pay to get to those jobs due to the clogged infrastructure that democrats are causing and the additional carbon taxes that apparently not taxes.
I cant for the life of me understand this

"claiming rent is a tax because landlords put it into the rent but don't claim carbon taxes are not taxes to the tune of $15 billion a year are not tax because they are somehow not passed to the masses? Do tell me more."

Renters pay rent, landlords maintain and pay property tax with the rental income. Most can then write off the tax and lower income.
The poor spend virtually 100% of their income to live. That works out to a higher percentage than middle class earners as far as sales tax. Why do you think the poor dont drive to work? They are the people in the $1000 hoopties in traffic. When you make less and still have to buy fuel (or any sales tax) you are paying "more" than middle and upper class. Ag workers (poor) travel farm to farm, crop to crop migrating for work. They wish they could have a job where they sleep at home each night. The poor have nothing left at the end of the month because they spend it all to just to live, not because they have a $700/mo car note.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2021, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Never been easier to pick up an illegal, you can almost purchase one now. Sad, but just "become a sponsor" and you can have a van full of children/ teenagers. What is this world coming to.
What Would Jesus Do? Assuming he had a van.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
What Would Jesus Do? Assuming he had a van.
He would tell them to obey the law of the land
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
I cant for the life of me understand this

"claiming rent is a tax because landlords put it into the rent but don't claim carbon taxes are not taxes to the tune of $15 billion a year are not tax because they are somehow not passed to the masses? Do tell me more."

Renters pay rent, landlords maintain and pay property tax with the rental income. Most can then write off the tax and lower income.
The poor spend virtually 100% of their income to live. That works out to a higher percentage than middle class earners as far as sales tax. Why do you think the poor dont drive to work? They are the people in the $1000 hoopties in traffic. When you make less and still have to buy fuel (or any sales tax) you are paying "more" than middle and upper class. Ag workers (poor) travel farm to farm, crop to crop migrating for work. They wish they could have a job where they sleep at home each night. The poor have nothing left at the end of the month because they spend it all to just to live, not because they have a $700/mo car note.
I don't think poor drive to a job an hour and half away to break even. You usually only drive if you are making out not breaking even. The poor spend less to maybe the same as middle class to live. Poor are not living in $500,000 or more homes. They are not buying expensive or moderate new cars. A $1000 hooptie is not as taxable as a $80,000 Tesla. I agree they have nothing left at the end of the month. That is not the point and I am sorry they are in that position but the middle and upper classes are paying for these non citizens and the middle class pays even more because they have to deal with the longer commutes and the crime that comes with it. Other resident poor people have to compete with foreign workers who take cash jobs and use infrastructure.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have a 1968 volks I drive all the time, registered, insured. I have a 1998 4Runner, registered, insured, smogged, no problems. I got a 2 1966's and a 1967 that will be up and registered insured by years end. Whats the prob with old cars? My pal has a 89' Prelude for sale if you need another good transportation whip.
We could not even give away a 98 beetle because of check engine light. Ran fine but could not pass smog due to the light but the emission were fine. Had to donate it because you could not sign over the title to another without a valid smog. Was not going to repair because the cost of repair was greater than we could even sell if we wanted too.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-11-2021, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ahhh you mean like how US consumers of Chinese goods pay the import tariffs, not China?

Yes, 100% agree that taxes are ultimately borne by the consumer of the goods or services. Increase a business’s cost of doing business and the cost will get passed along to the consumer.

Taxes at the Corp level are thus all kind of a hidden tax.

Whether or not that makes sense from a tax policy perspective is a very good and interesting question.
Yep. Or you could say it is a tax to encourage American business to move to America because they are not getting a cost advantage as compared to an American company.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-11-2021, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
2021 on its way to being one the deadliest for police

35 Murdered

121 killed in the line of duty.

Yes the epidemic is the racist police not blacks slaughtering their own at over few 100 times the rate. ......seems more like police shootings fall right in line with crime trends and the demographics of the the population. Weird how that lines up and completely destroys the narrative. Nothing to see here in the facts. Making up 13% of the population , blacks account for 58 percent of murders in the US. Wait the police involved shootings line up with that ????? Craziness

Name:  151BC8AA-CF22-4C01-A80E-0096206F9683.jpeg
Views: 938
Size:  217.8 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-11-2021 at 3:53 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-11-2021, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep. Or you could say it is a tax to encourage American business to move to America because they are not getting a cost advantage as compared to an American company.
I'm not sure what these words mean.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-12-2021, 2:51 AM Reply   
SO funny, my neighbor is not happy with her electric car. Seems to be it costs aprox 9 bucks per gallon equivalent to fill up her electric car. She is getting rid of it. I guess even those who can afford an electric car, cant swallow the pain.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2021, 5:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
It was self-inflicted, moron. Trump had things under control and all your idiot MSM could do was bash him nightly for the “cages” that Obummer built. You fix it by discouraging it, fool. Making the illegals wait in Mexico was brilliant. F tard Biden put out a welcome mat for them and gave us a crisis so bad that camel toe refuses to go there due to risking her photo being taken there and exposing herself to blame for the crisis her party created. Once again, Trump had this figured out and your guy effed it up.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2021, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:

Yeah, it’s amazing the Carter resemblance Biden has taken on so early in his presidency. Inflation, Middle East dustups, gas lines and to spice things up, we have a Biden-caused Mexican border crisis. His first 100 days proved he is a loser.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2021, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:

Amen. Especially the part about him being a dick.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2021, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
He would tell them to obey the law of the land
Lol boom roast! Man, I could even smell his burnt hair after that one.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
2021 on its way to being one the deadliest for police

35 Murdered

121 killed in the line of duty.

Yes the epidemic is the racist police not blacks slaughtering their own at over few 100 times the rate. ......seems more like police shootings fall right in line with crime trends and the demographics of the the population. Weird how that lines up and completely destroys the narrative. Nothing to see here in the facts. Making up 13% of the population , blacks account for 58 percent of murders in the US. Wait the police involved shootings line up with that ????? Craziness

Attachment 46314
Worse than that. Of the 13% population, you have to figure males between the ages of 16 to 35 account for vast majority of the murders. What is that, maybe 3% to 4% of the population? 3% to 4% of the population commits 58% of all murders. Let that since in.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not sure what these words mean.
I know you don't. your party is so into pushing American jobs off shore, you have lost the part of your vocabulary that goes along with making it competitive to build in America.

As much as you are trying to push deficit spending on Republicans, how do you feel about the 6 trillion dollar man and the inflation that is starting to kick in?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-12-2021, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hamas is blowing up Israel and the left wing congress is so excited. the squad can't wait to KILL THE JEWS. Racism at its best. Top it off, the white house is supporting Hamas, saying Israel earned this bombing. Wow, Hamas is a designated terrorist organization, the left is supporting it. Thanks Kerry
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
SO funny, my neighbor is not happy with her electric car. Seems to be it costs aprox 9 bucks per gallon equivalent to fill up her electric car. She is getting rid of it. I guess even those who can afford an electric car, cant swallow the pain.
Any info to expand on the issues? Interesting discussion.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
It was self-inflicted, moron. Trump had things under control and all your idiot MSM could do was bash him nightly for the “cages” that Obummer built. You fix it by discouraging it, fool. Making the illegals wait in Mexico was brilliant. F tard Biden put out a welcome mat for them and gave us a crisis so bad that camel toe refuses to go there due to risking her photo being taken there and exposing herself to blame for the crisis her party created. Once again, Trump had this figured out and your guy effed it up.
They did not eff it up. it is the plan to get more democrat voters. This is their doctrine. They are one worlders and the way you do that is get more people in who want the borders destroyed.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hamas is blowing up Israel and the left wing congress is so excited. the squad can't wait to KILL THE JEWS. Racism at its best. Top it off, the white house is supporting Hamas, saying Israel earned this bombing. Wow, Hamas is a designated terrorist organization, the left is supporting it. Thanks Kerry
They don't want to talk about how they elected Hamas spokespeople to congress and their actual spoken antisemitism.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just found out about Newsome's so called $75 billion surplus. $95 billion came from federal bail out money. Kali was actually in the red by $20 billion.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 05-12-2021 at 8:54 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2021, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Any info to expand on the issues? Interesting discussion.
The real question on the electric car is will people buy a second one. I have good friend that bought a Tesla a few months ago and she still loves its, but I can't tell you how many instagram stories she posts watching movies in her car captioned "hurry up" while it charges--that has got to get old. Houston is a big city. You might be able to use it as a second-car grocery getter, but as a daily driver in a non-urban environment is tough.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2021, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
The real question on the electric car is will people buy a second one. I have good friend that bought a Tesla a few months ago and she still loves its, but I can't tell you how many instagram stories she posts watching movies in her car captioned "hurry up" while it charges--that has got to get old. Houston is a big city. You might be able to use it as a second-car grocery getter, but as a daily driver in a non-urban environment is tough.
You have to have a method to home charge to live with an electric car imo. I use a fast charger only if I'm on a Roady, even when I go to the holiday house I get there easily on one charge then recharge overnight when sleeping. I use a super charger about 5-6 times per year I would guess.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2021, 10:40 AM Reply   
Just wondering where all those covid spikes in Texas and Florida are ? Buelller

Buelller ,,,,,,,.Bueller

Anyone ?????????????
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
This is my belief as well. Texas is big. America is bigger. Just not a travel car for Americans. Nothing like adding another 4 hours to a 20 hour drive just to get across 4 states.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-12-2021, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know you don't. your party is so into pushing American jobs off shore, you have lost the part of your vocabulary that goes along with making it competitive to build in America.

As much as you are trying to push deficit spending on Republicans, how do you feel about the 6 trillion dollar man and the inflation that is starting to kick in?
Inflation is really the fed's purview, not the president's. The fed has been very transparent about SHOOTING FOR 2% inflation for several years. Chairman Powell still believes in that target and the fed folks keep saying that any blip in excess of 2% will be "transitory." They are using a strategy (monetary policy) that hasn't ever been tried before on purpose. Will it work? Dunno. But in our system of government the executive doesn't have control over monetary policy.

Biden has been pretty adamant that the infrastructure bill will need to be fully funded w/taxes or other spending reductions.

Where do you get 6T? Wasn't the Feb covid bill 1.9T?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
You have to have a method to home charge to live with an electric car imo. I use a fast charger only if I'm on a Roady, even when I go to the holiday house I get there easily on one charge then recharge overnight when sleeping. I use a super charger about 5-6 times per year I would guess.
Problem is, the electric car is being marketed to the city dweller where they don't have well defined parking. Also with the cost of housing, even in the suburbs many houses now have multi-generation families in them. Multiple cars. that is a log of chargers .
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-12-2021, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Inflation is really the fed's purview, not the president's. The fed has been very transparent about SHOOTING FOR 2% inflation for several years. Chairman Powell still believes in that target and the fed folks keep saying that any blip in excess of 2% will be "transitory." They are using a strategy (monetary policy) that hasn't ever been tried before on purpose. Will it work? Dunno. But in our system of government the executive doesn't have control over monetary policy.

Biden has been pretty adamant that the infrastructure bill will need to be fully funded w/taxes or other spending reductions.

Where do you get 6T? Wasn't the Feb covid bill 1.9T?
Green new deal. They are pushing for all that.

The president will get the credit and the blame for monetary policy no matter what. They held the republicans to that standard. We are going to hold the democrats to that standard regardless of the truth.