Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (TncIn)      Join Date: Jan 2015       01-21-2015, 4:58 AM Reply   
Hello everybody

I can have humanoid odyssey or howl at a good price, so what do you think about them ?
Are they comfortable? Which bindings are similar ? Does it work well with a Lf deluxe LTD ? Are they good in airtricks ?

Thanks
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-21-2015, 6:10 AM Reply   
I have the Odyssey. I've only ridden them twice. They are stiff, but loosening up nicely (probably SHOULD have gotten an 11-12 instead of 10-11 but i like a snug fit).

They are great build quality, comfortable, lace up well and the ankle strap provides a nice extra little bit of support.

I like that instead of using clips to hold the laces, they put velcro on one side of the tab so that you can velcro them into the ankle strap. Pretty much guarantees that (unlike Ronix) your laces will not be flopping around mid-set.

Another great feature is the heavy duty vertical teeth stance system. It's made of quality hardware and designed in such a way that all but guarantees you'll never skip a tooth, even if the bindings come loose.

At this point Humanoid should be paying me for repping them, but so far with the few products I've used of theirs, I've been VERY impressed.
Old     (TncIn)      Join Date: Jan 2015       01-21-2015, 6:36 AM Reply   
Thanks for you help !
So you don't use use them cause they are too stiff ? Between Vantage and Odyssey wich one is more rigid ? Cause i like stiff bingdings but not too much.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-21-2015, 12:00 PM Reply   
Sorry, I should have clarified. The only reason I am not riding them is because it's too cold out! I'll be riding them through the 2015 season unless something drastic happens.

I don't ride LF stuff, so I can't speak the Vantage, but I would have to assume that the Odyssey is stiffer than the Vantage. I don't think it's TOO stiff, but again, I've hardly even broken them in. I expect to enjoy them quite a bit this year.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 01-21-2015 at 12:04 PM.