Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-12-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
Just curious how much you would pay for an X-Star right now? In winter, this economy, etc. If you followed my other post about my new (to me) boat purchase I was able to pick up my 03 Supra Launch at a repo auction for 19,500. Well there is another auction tomorrow and an 05 and 06 X Star, as well as a bunch of other nice boats, are coming through. I don't think I am going to buy one for me, but I was thinking about buying to resell if I could make a couple bucks. Both boats have about 100 hrs.

If you could get if for 33, maybe its worth 40? I don't know. any opinions? Or if anyone wants to buy it for yourself, let me know and I'll put you in contact with that guy I bought from and he can pick it up for you auction. and for the hookup you can just give me a pull sometime.

Before I get ridiculed, I already know its not smart to buy a boat right now and try to resell it...blah, blah, blah...I'm not saying I'm gonna do it, but with the price I got on my Launch I don't feel I could lose. Worst case scenario I end up with an X-Star I need to use.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
If you get an 05 or 06 X-Star for 33k, you will not lose money!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-12-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
I would look at NADA values on the boats and do your best estimation and then assume that you would get less for the boat in this market and see if you still think it is worth pursuing. Look at best case scenario and worst case scenario (low retail or wholesale values) on what you could flip it for. Figure out the highest bid that you could make and still likely make a little money given the economy. Don't post up here how much you paid for it if you are going to try to make a buck though. If I were looking at the boat and new you paid 33k and were now selling for 40k, I would haggle with you incessantly because I knew how much room you had to work with.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-12-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Under 35k I would pull the trigger....throw them on onlyinboards or something with a 45K price tag, if anyone bites good, if not just store them and wait... that is if you have the money to do so..... if you can pick one up for 25k I would try to sell ours and buy it from you for 25k.... but other than that I am no help