Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-30-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
Tim, what's your deal dude? You sound like some guy that is overly butt-hurt because someone else won a boat. The guy said months ago he is a non-boater, so how is he or his mom supposed to know if it is something simple like a blown fuse or something major? If you win something, it shouldn't be something that needs to be immediately sent to the shop. I know I would be pissed if it was me and I know my way around a boat. Dude was sharing some frustration, and maybe it wasn't appropriate for him to immediately start bashing Rockstar or Supra, but you are just acting like a tool.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
^^^^this

How many of you guys still lock yourselves in the bathroom with a picture of this boat every night? Give the guy a break.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-03-2013, 3:32 AM Reply   
nope

total bull **** for him to complain about a damn thing after winning a free boat,

if he don't like boating fine then sell the damn boat, do you like money?
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-03-2013, 4:10 AM Reply   
If you guys won $100 somewhere & they sent it to you in monopoly money, wouldn't you be frustrated as well? The family had a legitimate right to comment. You guys asked who won! Give it a rest.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-03-2013, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrz View Post
If you guys won $100 somewhere & they sent it to you in monopoly money, wouldn't you be frustrated as well? The family had a legitimate right to comment. You guys asked who won! Give it a rest.

really,
so he got a fake boat? SMH

I dont remember asking him anything
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-03-2013, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra24ssv View Post
really,
so he got a fake boat? SMH

I dont remember asking him anything
He didn't ask. You guys asked who won it. He did receive a fake boat, or one that was not true as described.

Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-03-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
Sounds like this guy has had a less than stellar experience, which really stinks. is it possible that they didn't necessarily explore every avenue available to get their issues addressed, absolutely. That being said, if you win a 2013 boat in 2013, I think you have a reasonable expectation that it will work. I play in an annual golf event here in town, and the local lawn and garden store will typically give away weed whacker or chainsaw for the longest putt. If I won and got home and the thing wouldn't start, I wouldn't say, oh well, it was free,who cares, and that's on a couple hundred dollar item, not something I'm staring at a huge tax liability on. And, on top of that, I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that even after paying for one, it's expensive to own a boat. You pay to store it, tow it, insure it, winterize it, etc, even if the thing isn't operational.

My guess would be that Rockstar and other companies that do give-aways like this write up the terms of the deal in a way that gives them legal cover if something goes wrong, which from a business stand point makes perfect sense, as they don't want to be in the business of warrantying a boat. So, when an issue comes up, they're going to point to the terms of the contest. The winners in this case were able to make their issue publicly known, and someone (in this case, Supra) stepped up and fixed it. Good for them. the threat of things like this becoming PR nightmares helps keep these contests clean.