Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-20-2018, 10:29 AM Reply   
Saw this on my Facebook feed. Scary as hell.
https://youtu.be/agWmkZYu31Q
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-20-2018, 9:37 PM Reply   
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVL4wKnpx2U
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-21-2018, 5:22 AM Reply   
They did catch up with the operator of the large boat in this video. Word is he is 70+ years old and in a wheel chair that doesn't put him high enough to see over the bow. He thinks he should not be charged with the accident because nobody got hurt. They are charging him anyway. So, more of an "I'm old, leave me alone" issue than "I'm somebody special" like caddy shack. At some point, driving privileges for cars, boats and planes have to be taken away for the good of those around us.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2018, 10:40 AM Reply   
^^^ Exactley. I was at Ace hardwear in Redwoodcity , Friday the front of the store was totally destroyed from the Yearly old person that mistook the gas for the brake and smashed threw the front of the store. Lucky no one was hurt. It seems like every year some old person smashes threw a bus stop filled with teen’s and guess what the person is almost always a old person. It’s a problem you don’t wanna take away the Lic of a old person that’s good to go, but somthing should be done. Like a yearly compitance Test.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2018, 10:48 AM Reply   
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...man_jumps.html
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-21-2018, 1:36 PM Reply   
Yep saw it on reddit a couple days ago, just strange that in the middle of the channel the boat hits them almost as if aiming straight for them i mean he could have drove by 5 feet to the left of the boat or 5 feet to the right but he hits straight on. If he can't see over the windshield why TF is he the captain of a big boat ? Of course he should be charged he pretty much almost murdered 3 people and that mistake could have been avoided altogether ffs its like airplanes crashing into each other because there is not enough room in the sky.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2018, 1:53 PM Reply   
So he blames the dash, admits he can’t see, however keeps on operating the vessel at 3/4 throttle and nearly killed 3 people but its ok because they are still alive.
I hope no one on the same highway as myself feels it’s ok to continue driving blind.
What do you do, people are living longer and driving longer

Last edited by rexlex01; 01-21-2018 at 1:55 PM.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-21-2018, 2:07 PM Reply   
His family - on the boat - probably didn't wanna say anything cause they don't want to piss him off and get cut out of the inheritance.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-21-2018, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
His family - on the boat - probably didn't wanna say anything cause they don't want to piss him off and get cut out of the inheritance.
Welp they won't get any now thats for sure. The real question here is did everyone on the boat just put it on cruise control and lay down to take a nap? How do you not look at whats ahead of you going that fast.

Last edited by wakeslash; 01-21-2018 at 4:37 PM.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-24-2018, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
Article I read said his son in law was calling him out on it but it also said he wasn't watching where he was going.