Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-07-2016, 3:19 PM Reply   
The only problem with your calculations is that McDonalds are open way more than 40 hours per week, many are open 24x7. I don't think you can correlate $4 billion in profit to 2080 hours per year for their situation.
Old    deltahoosier            09-07-2016, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
The only problem with your calculations is that McDonalds are open way more than 40 hours per week, many are open 24x7. I don't think you can correlate $4 billion in profit to 2080 hours per year for their situation.
I think that would mean that $4 an hour would be too high of a number to eat away the profit. On the inverse, less of the 420,000 workers that would require the pay raise means more they can make an hour and not kill the profit.

One thing is the 420,000 workers is not broken down to type of worker and I would have to guess that all the workers cover all the shifts as there was roughly 14,000 locations(?).

I think the point stands that it only takes a few dollars to many to eat up profit.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-07-2016, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I think the point stands that it only takes a few dollars to many to eat up profit.
If we assume that that's the only variable to change in a vacuum. How much more expensive would a double cheeseburger need to be to be to be profitable?

The erroneous assumption in the analysis is that the only choices are keep min wage at "perfect" level (where it is today) or kill McD's profitability.

Why, oh why, wouldn't McD's raise prices by 10% (if that's the right #) to account for increased labor costs? I mean you know that they actually already do this, right? That McD's costs more in NYC than Winnemucca, NV?

Euro McD's charge astounding amounts for burgers and fries and yet are always busy too.
Old    deltahoosier            09-07-2016, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
If we assume that that's the only variable to change in a vacuum. How much more expensive would a double cheeseburger need to be to be to be profitable?

The erroneous assumption in the analysis is that the only choices are keep min wage at "perfect" level (where it is today) or kill McD's profitability.

Why, oh why, wouldn't McD's raise prices by 10% (if that's the right #) to account for increased labor costs? I mean you know that they actually already do this, right? That McD's costs more in NYC than Winnemucca, NV?

Euro McD's charge astounding amounts for burgers and fries and yet are always busy too.
I am painfully aware it costs more in each area. Each area also has it's own standard of living. Each area also has it's own minimum wage. More power to them if they want more. All I know is they are going to try and get the funds from me and it will not happen. You can pay extra, I will not. At the end of the day, we pay.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-07-2016, 4:51 PM Reply   
I feel like the points that I have made about the little guy, the franchise owners too, get ignored in these conversations. It's not just here, it's nationally too.

Damn evil big corporations and their labor unions get all of the attention
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-07-2016, 6:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am painfully aware it costs more in each area. Each area also has it's own standard of living. Each area also has it's own minimum wage. More power to them if they want more. All I know is they are going to try and get the funds from me and it will not happen. You can pay extra, I will not. At the end of the day, we pay.
I assume you pay for the convenience, Delta, and not because McDonald's serves quality food. If you are in a hurry and you are wanting a quick bite to eat are you going to turn around and leave simply because the Big Mac that was 1.99 yesterday is now 2.49? Maybe if the workers were paid a little bit more (and I have never advocated for a 15.00 across the board minimum wage) we could get a burger that looks somewhat appetizing and not one that looks like it was run over by a car. I'd gladly pay a little bit more for that. And maybe that whole scenario transcends throughout the world of fast food...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-08-2016, 4:23 AM Reply   
Coming to you from Japan where I do end up at McDd now and again and as you'd expect the prices here are a bit higher compared to the US. But every MCD staff person has health insurance and a decent salary and damn if they don't have the most impeccable and attentive service everywhere you go including fast food. And no tipping anywhere as people make a livable wage.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2016, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
All I know is they are going to try and get the funds from me and it will not happen. You can pay extra, I will not. At the end of the day, we pay.
Exactly! Nobody needs to buy from minimum wage employees. All of the essentials... housing, transportation, fuel, healthcare, utilities, and insurance are not minimum wage jobs. Very few people actually need someone else to feed them. In dire times when the budget is tight you can feed yourself. Thar's why minimum wage employees benefit when the minimum wage goes up.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-08-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Coming to you from Japan where I do end up at McDd now and again and as you'd expect the prices here are a bit higher compared to the US. But every MCD staff person has health insurance and a decent salary and damn if they don't have the most impeccable and attentive service everywhere you go including fast food. And no tipping anywhere as people make a livable wage.
When people lose jobs because the minimum wage goes up, you would think that the people getting kicked to the curb are the poor performers. The onus is on the manager to do his job and manage. Value good performers and dismiss the poor performers. People who are conscientious keep their jobs and earn a decent living. The rest get a life lesson.

I love it when people claim that minimum wage jobs weren't meant for making a living. Nobody designed these jobs to be for teenagers. They just fill them with the least expensive employees they can find. When you can't get a burger order right it's not because the job was "meant" to get your order wrong anymore than it was "meant" for a teenager. Management doesn't care if your order is wrong because at the pay level offered that's the quality you get. If the minimum wage goes up management has to actually pay attention to who's doing a good job and who's not.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
bahahahahha
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       09-08-2016, 11:33 AM Reply   
As the minimum wage goes up. so goes the replacement of those jobs with automation. A higher minimum wage just speeds up the process of replacing those jobs because the cost trade off makes more sense.

I would rather order a burger from a machine than a stupid snot nosed kid that doesn't care if they get the order right.

Minimum wage jobs should never be considered a living wage job... those are entry level positions into the workforce to develop a skill for higher paying jobs.. thus the reason kids are your minimum wage earners.
Old    deltahoosier            09-08-2016, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Japanese citizens will also pull other peoples kids off the street for doing what is deemed bad behavior and whip them on the spot. I would say there is a bit of a cultural divide.
Old    deltahoosier            09-08-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I assume you pay for the convenience, Delta, and not because McDonald's serves quality food. If you are in a hurry and you are wanting a quick bite to eat are you going to turn around and leave simply because the Big Mac that was 1.99 yesterday is now 2.49? Maybe if the workers were paid a little bit more (and I have never advocated for a 15.00 across the board minimum wage) we could get a burger that looks somewhat appetizing and not one that looks like it was run over by a car. I'd gladly pay a little bit more for that. And maybe that whole scenario transcends throughout the world of fast food...
That is right and I will only pay so much for convenience. When Chili's started charging $15 for a hamburger, fries and a soda; I stopped going. We would eat there once a week for lunch. It was the spot. Now, I go there maybe once every 6 months at best. McDonald's is around $10 for a large meal. I don't go nearly as much. I know I am not alone. They can make more but there income comes directly from people like me and you. Not the 1%. When I have to choose the cost of products and I have an alternative, those costlier items have to go. This is the reason I will never own another boat. Too much money for a new one.

I know you may not have advocated $15 an hour Jeremy, however the people that you vote for do. $15 an hour is the basis for the discussion because that is the exact number brought up by the leftist groups.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-08-2016, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is right and I will only pay so much for convenience. When Chili's started charging $15 for a hamburger, fries and a soda; I stopped going. We would eat there once a week for lunch. It was the spot. Now, I go there maybe once every 6 months at best. McDonald's is around $10 for a large meal. I don't go nearly as much. I know I am not alone. They can make more but there income comes directly from people like me and you. Not the 1%. When I have to choose the cost of products and I have an alternative, those costlier items have to go. This is the reason I will never own another boat. Too much money for a new one.

I know you may not have advocated $15 an hour Jeremy, however the people that you vote for do. $15 an hour is the basis for the discussion because that is the exact number brought up by the leftist groups.
HAHAHAHAHA that's your problem Delta! Holy cow dude if you are eating $10 worth of food at McDonalds how friggen overweight are you? I mean for $9 (assume the other dollar is tax), you can get like 1700 cal worth of food (I'm assuming you are washing it down with an iced tea or diet soda at least, so won't give you another 300 cal for a large soda).

if your expectation is that you have a RIGHT to gorge yourself for cheap... I guess you should prolly stick to del taco?
Old    deltahoosier            09-08-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA that's your problem Delta! Holy cow dude if you are eating $10 worth of food at McDonalds how friggen overweight are you? I mean for $9 (assume the other dollar is tax), you can get like 1700 cal worth of food (I'm assuming you are washing it down with an iced tea or diet soda at least, so won't give you another 300 cal for a large soda).

if your expectation is that you have a RIGHT to gorge yourself for cheap... I guess you should prolly stick to del taco?
Really. This is what we have evolved too? You try working 13 hour days 4 days a week with a 2 hour commute each day and see what you do for food from time to time. Besides, your opinion of what is too many calories is not the discussion. Get the same meal regular size and it still costs. Point is, the more it costs, the less and less I or anyone else will eat there.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-08-2016, 12:52 PM Reply   
4 hours of commuting... I can see why you are bitter all the time. Yuck.

What do you listen to during all that downtime?
Old    deltahoosier            09-08-2016, 1:03 PM Reply   
2 hours a day. 8 a week. It used to be worse. It was 3 hours a day at one time for a few years. I would not say I am bitter. I am perfectly able to have serious debate discussions online and laugh my a$$ off all the time off line. They are not mutually exclusive you know. We are expressing ideas so that is what you get. Ideas. Though ideas are even better over Smoked meat, beer with heart pounding music.

Usually listen to Mad Dog Radio sports radio or ESPN Radio on XM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-08-2016, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Japanese citizens will also pull other peoples kids off the street for doing what is deemed bad behavior and whip them on the spot. I would say there is a bit of a cultural divide.
Uh, no.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2016, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
2 hours a day. 8 a week
Holy, that would suck my will to live. I'm stoked to live 5 miles from the Office
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-08-2016, 7:19 PM Reply   
Did an east bay to peninsula commute for four years - terrible - especially before the SM bridge was expanded. Makes me appreciate the walk downstairs to my office every day now.

Back on topic:
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-tax-returns-495955

Honestly, what is Trump hiding?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2016, 7:34 PM Reply   
^^^Funny, that seems like such a norm? When was the last time a PC didn't realease tax returns at this point? What's the issue & bigger issue, why not?

Whatever, for him, hurting more than helping. As time passes, becomes a hide.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-08-2016, 7:39 PM Reply   
The article points out the main potential reasons he's refusing - ties to Russia, doesn't give anything to charity, doesn't make anywhere near what he boasts, etc...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2016, 7:50 PM Reply   
Should be an interesting 3ish months.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-08-2016, 7:52 PM Reply   
Luckily there's only 2 left. Hopefully after that the only people still having to deal with Trump will be the Limbaugh/Palin folks who flock to his new media conglomerate with Ailes and Breitbart.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2016, 9:22 PM Reply   
Yea, fingers didn't work. Thought time to work. Meh... Fun 2ish months.

Laughed with wife tonight with this run. Looked/commented to my 11 y/o and said, can't think of your choices.....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-09-2016, 3:02 AM Reply   
Quote:

So do you agree/disagree that a higher wage translates to better service/quality? I mean, when I go out to eat (which is maybe once or twice a week), quality of service/food weighs significantly heavier on my choice then what place has the cheapest food. It's the reason I never go to Golden Corral or any other all-you-can-eat buffet.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2016, 5:30 AM Reply   
^^^^^
So I'll reply sticking with the fast food scenario, even though minimum wage encompasses more than that industry.....my take:

Yes, I think a higher wage translates into better food and service. Look at In and Out.... In my area, they pay a couple bucks more than McD's. However, because they pay more, they attract better workers. They get kids who are a bit better at the basic functions of being a service employee, like the ability to communicate with the public, well presented appearance, show up to work on time, etc. In and Out, in my opinion, holds their workers to a higher standard to justify the rate of pay being higher than the McD's next door. However, look at the pricing: A double double meal at In and Out runs about the exact same price as a Big Mac value meal. If it's more, it's only a matter of less than a dollar. I can't pretend to know all the variables that explain this, it's beyond my pay grade. But it makes me wonder if the In and Out staff is more productive, therefore profitable, than the McD's worker.

My other thought: seems a lot of folks think that a mandatory wage increase is going to magically turn the majority of these current low wage workers into better employees: I do not agree. In my experience, a good employee is a good employee at every wage level. Throwing an extra 4 bucks an hour at a lot of the current folks making the minimum isn't going to relate to increased productivity. Extra pay isn't going to magically transform the low wage/low performance worker into Mr. Wonderful, it may in fact have the opposite reaction.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-09-2016, 6:51 AM Reply   
Agree -- if min wage goes up that just means the poorest get bigger paychecks, not that the will become better workers.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
My guess on Trump's tax returns is that he pays a lot of people to figure out how to pay as little tax as possible or none at all and that if he releases them, he will be scrutinized. While I am not a Trump fan, it sure would be nice if I could afford to pay a team of people to figure out how to avoid paying taxes. HAHAHA!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2016, 9:09 AM Reply   
I had a boss who paid people to come up with schemes that were all legal to avoid taxes. He would make in excess of 500000 a year and pay between 30000 to 50000 in taxes depending g on the year and how much deductions he could take. It would burn me up because I felt it compromised my values. He always said it's all legal i'm just taking advantage of the system I don't make the rules.
Old    deltahoosier            09-09-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Uh, no.
A girl I work with saw it first hand when she lived there. Don't know what to tell you.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-09-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
new pic out today. thoughts? Is this news? Bad for anyone?

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-09-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I had a boss who paid people to come up with schemes that were all legal to avoid taxes. He would make in excess of 500000 a year and pay between 30000 to 50000 in taxes depending g on the year and how much deductions he could take. It would burn me up because I felt it compromised my values. He always said it's all legal i'm just taking advantage of the system I don't make the rules.
They are called accountants and good ones are priceless.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-09-2016, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agree -- if min wage goes up that just means the poorest get bigger paychecks, not that the will become better workers.
Management 101. They did nothing to earn the raise, their productivity therefore will not change as they would earn the same anywhere they went.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2016, 3:40 PM Reply   
You guys have beat the McDonald's horse so dead they can't even sell it as hamburgers anymore. I was responding to the statement that the minimum wage should be raised high enough to hopefully put McDonald's out of business . I gave the aftermath scenario if McDonald's were to go out of business. Then you use facts I didn't to prove they wouldn't.Then your facts weren't found to actually be fact. Bottom line I don't eat at McDonald's and would have to be very desperate to even consider it. So carry on experts.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-09-2016, 3:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
new pic out today. thoughts? Is this news? Bad for anyone?

That should really boost the Donalds popularity. Think about how popular Bill was with all the Liberals during all his affairs? Donalds got this one in the bag.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-10-2016, 4:34 AM Reply   
There are probably 1,000's of pics with Trump hanging with Democrats/liberals. After all, he was a liberal his entire life until around 2011.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-11-2016, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hillary says. Trump supporters are just all a "Basket of Deplorables
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-...f-deplorables/

Wow the "Hilda Beast" speaks her true Feelings for over 1/2 of all Americans. She is a total pice of crap. Remember" sheepal"

the lesser of 2 Evil is still Evil!
It was a dumb thing to say.

Still, "half of all Americans"? She said "you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables." Half of half is a quarter. But is that a quarter of all Americans? 2008 was the high point of voter turnout since 1972, with 57% of the voting age population turning out. Lets assume we get an amazing 60% this year, and that about half are Trump supporters. Half of those are in the "basket of deplorables." That'd mean about 15% of Americans of voting age (still less than 15% of all Americans because kids don't count).

Still, like I said, a terribly dumb thing for her to say.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-11-2016, 8:55 AM Reply   
Hilary leaves 9/11 ceremonies feeling overheated. Imagine what she would do in a real crisis.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2016, 9:59 AM Reply   
Whoa. Did anyone watch Hildabeast almost collapse? Holy cow! She had to lean up against a bollard just so she wouldn't fall over until the secret service could practically carry her to the van. She's got something seriously wrong with her.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-11-2016, 10:50 AM Reply   
The Hilda Beast Melt Down Is happening.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
Whoa, that looked bad. One too many bong hits maybe
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2016, 7:26 PM Reply   
Ok let's re cap.

The Hilda Beast collapse's and we have no reason from the following

Ralph; one of the most awesome poster her on W/W (BUT he's is from New Zeland)
Wes: great guy but from the welfare state of (Hawaii)
Wake 77; a. Government employee( math teacher)

No Reply!!!!

LoL
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2016, 7:32 PM Reply   
Now the body double conspiracy theory is being circulated. Lol The U.S.S. Hillary is sinking fast. The liberals said this ship couldn't sink. Oops they didn't see that iceberg.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-12-2016, 9:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok let's re cap.

No Reply!!!!

LoL
I gave you my considered opinion. One too many bong hits. Hilderbeast knows how to party. Trust me.

Also, I am not a Hilderbeast supporter, I think she is totally unsuitable for office but quite suitable for prison. But equally Drumpf is unsuitable for office but great for reality TV.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-12-2016, 10:15 PM Reply   
Sorry I overheated and couldn't keep up with this thread.

Stupid of the campaign to try to power a 70 year old through pneumonia. Most interesting part of the whole thing is Trump's muted response. Did Ivanka finally get a hold of his twitter account and change the password?

Not sure what it means to be "from" somewhere, but if you mean lives there currently, then you are correct.

Of all the wacko Clinton conspiracies out there, the body double one is pretty hilarious (funnier that certain people are taking it VERY seriously lol). OMG HER HAIR HAD LIFT BUT NOW ITS FLAT!!!.. Remember the movie Dave? ha

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-12-2016, 11:52 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=ralph;1944662]I gave you my considered opinion. One too many bong hits. Hilderbeast knows how to party. Trust me.

Really? Do tell.....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2016, 3:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok let's re cap.

No Reply!!!!

LoL
Uhhh, maybe because she was ill??? What does me being a math teacher have to do with anything?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2016, 4:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Uhhh, maybe because she was ill??? What does me being a math teacher have to do with anything?
Anything is a word. Math is about numbers. Go figure?
Old    deltahoosier            09-13-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Pretty sure this is not the first time they Secret Service has had to deal with a Hillary episode. There are all sorts for pictures of here being propped up. Video of her tripping into a plane. She fell once and broke her elbow. Fell again and had a concussion that took 6 months to heal. She froze up and had to have a handler tell her to keep speaking during a recent event. She even testified that due to her condition, she had black outs and could not remember critical times during her time as Secretary of State.

Let me ask you this. If you were not expecting something like this as the Secret Service, why would you take Hillary to her daughters apartment building and not to a hospital? The SS has a run card for every type of aliment and which hospital specializes in what issue. They were expecting this. This was no surprise.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2016, 10:16 AM Reply   
What I find so typical from the Clintons is the Lie's. She can't tell the truth if her life depended on it. (No pun intended) from party (democrats) that coined the term "Transparancy" Hillary is anything but. IMO she is the polar opasate of transparant.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2016, 12:21 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1944667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I gave you my considered opinion. One too many bong hits. Hilderbeast knows how to party. Trust me.

Really? Do tell.....
As we know there is two of them (body double). We all know what happens when we get two chicks hot for Bills. Maybe wake77 can do the math for us.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2016, 7:39 AM Reply   
Trump should be sponsored by Bass Pro Shops because he is literally the best fisherman ever! He throws out a line and the media bites every single time! Claims he will be the healthiest pres ever, says he will get a physical and release on Dr. Oz show. Now he says he's not releasing the results. Media bought it. $0 to get media airtime and his name in a headline. He'll have some rebuttals and then a few days later will say there was some sort of mixup/mistake and then release the results and get a new headline. Cheapest campaign to run ever!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Trump should be sponsored by Bass Pro Shops because he is literally the best fisherman ever! He throws out a line and the media bites every single time! Claims he will be the healthiest pres ever, says he will get a physical and release on Dr. Oz show. Now he says he's not releasing the results. Media bought it. $0 to get media airtime and his name in a headline. He'll have some rebuttals and then a few days later will say there was some sort of mixup/mistake and then release the results and get a new headline. Cheapest campaign to run ever!
...and using those same, savvy, innovative skills, just imagine what he'll be able to negotiate for us as the POTUS! Face it, libtards, the guy is a genius in a lot of ways. He's way far from perfect, but I'm holding my nose and voting for him. I'm more than willing to overlook the gaffs for some new perspective and a fresh set of ideas, not to mention saving the country from the total destruction of the supreme court.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty sure this is not the first time they Secret Service has had to deal with a Hillary episode. There are all sorts for pictures of here being propped up. Video of her tripping into a plane. She fell once and broke her elbow. Fell again and had a concussion that took 6 months to heal. She froze up and had to have a handler tell her to keep speaking during a recent event. She even testified that due to her condition, she had black outs and could not remember critical times during her time as Secretary of State.

Let me ask you this. If you were not expecting something like this as the Secret Service, why would you take Hillary to her daughters apartment building and not to a hospital? The SS has a run card for every type of aliment and which hospital specializes in what issue. They were expecting this. This was no surprise.
No doubt about that. Then she goes on Anderson Cooper, lies and says she's had these episodes twice. 30 seconds later, she says she's had them a few times. You can't believe a single word out of her mouth. Not one. Her first instinct is to lie.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
...and using those same, savvy, innovative skills, just imagine what he'll be able to negotiate for us as the POTUS! Face it, libtards, the guy is a genius in a lot of ways. He's way far from perfect, but I'm holding my nose and voting for him. I'm more than willing to overlook the gaffs for some new perspective and a fresh set of ideas, not to mention saving the country from the total destruction of the supreme court.
I almost spit my drink out from laughing at your comment! Replying to my comment with this rhetoric proves my point exactly. Holy crap!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2016, 9:46 AM Reply   
If you're worried about health, the Johnson has you covered:
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/gary-johnson-fitness
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-14-2016, 9:53 AM Reply   
And then Trump "surprises" Dr. Oz with results of his physical. Master showman...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/14/medi...ing/index.html
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-14-2016, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:

High road again with you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post

High road again with you.
Sorry. Couldn't resist. You know I'm right too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I almost spit my drink out from laughing at your comment! Replying to my comment with this rhetoric proves my point exactly. Holy crap!
Happy to amuse you and I'm okay with the point you made. I just added to it. Again, I'm holding my nose and voting for him. At least he's not falling down in the middle of the street like a drunkard, having to be literally carried to a van while his shoes fall off too.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-14-2016, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you always double pause when using the term libtard to make yourself appear mentally handicapped or because you simply don't know how to use commas? Maybe just stick to the term liberals until you get commas figured out.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-14-2016, 2:44 PM Reply   
"It used to be cars were made in flint and you couldn't drink the water in Mexico, now cars are made in Mexico and you can't drink the water in Flint" Brilliant!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you always double pause when using the term libtard to make yourself appear mentally handicapped or because you simply don't know how to use commas? Maybe just stick to the term liberals until you get commas figured out.
LOL! You're awesome! I dub thee Comma Nazi. I think it's time to either treat your PMS or change your tampon again. At least you've stopped banging your head so much-even though the effects are still here. Heal quickly, my friend.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-14-2016, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe he is a "genius". He's duped millions of you Trump backers into believing he is a lifelong conservative.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-14-2016, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOL! You're awesome! I dub thee Comma Nazi. I think it's time to either treat your PMS or change your tampon again. At least you've stopped banging your head so much-even though the effects are still here. Heal quickly, my friend.
No, just simply pointing out the hypocrisy of using the word retard when you still, can't, use, commas.

Learn, quickly, my, friend.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-14-2016, 6:58 PM Reply   
No time for grammar and punctuation when you're busy navigating the high road I suppose.

Colin Powell tells it like it is in private emails to Condi Rice and others:

"Benghazi is a stupid witch hunt. Basic fault falls on a courageous ambassador who thoughts Libyans now love me and I am ok in this very vulnerable place.”

Some other fantastic gems from the leak:

“No need to debate it with you now, but Trump is a national disgrace and an international pariah...He is in the process of destroying himself..."

“Yup, the whole birther movement was racist...That’s what the 99% believe. When Trump couldn’t keep that up he said he also wanted to see if the certificate noted that he was a Muslim. The transcript thing was also racist. The President graduated Harvard and was editor of the Law Review. And now decades later Trump wants to see his transcripts to see if he should have been admitted. And for him to say yesterday that within four years he would have 95% of blacks voting for him is schizo fantasy."

“He can never overcome what he tried to do to Obama with his search for the birth certificate hoping to force Obama out of the presidency...You don’t fall for his false sincerity, I hope.”

"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect...A 70-year-old person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still dicking bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

“Everything H.R.C. touches she kind of screws up with hubris.”

"If Donald were to somehow win, by the end of the first week in office he'd be saying "What the hell did I get myself into?"

"Trump just looks stupid trying to appeal to blacks and Latinos."

Not to mention classified data found in his emails to Condi Rice and his aides... Time for a taxpayer-funded inquiry, I'm sure Mark and Cliff will be writing their senators about this immediately lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2016, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe he is a "genius". He's duped millions of you Trump backers into believing he is a lifelong conservative.
That just adds up to sour grapes. If you do the math Jeremy is a closet Trump fan.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 10:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
No, just simply pointing out the hypocrisy of using the word retard when you still, can't, use, commas.

This is so awesome. I clearly got to you when I pointed out your own hypocrisy as you screwed up while trying to correct someone else's grammar like a month ago. It's still with you. Like a plague. Man dude. Let it go. We all screw up when we post things. You finally caught a mistake I made after searching and lying in wait for weeks. I made a mistake with a comma because I edited my post and didn't check my punctuation. Thank you, grammar Nazi. You must feel so smart now. Let me tell you this: I'm gonna make more mistakes. Get ready, big boy. They're comin. I bet you feel so superior now right? Repeat after me. President Trump... Feel it. Love it. Accept it. cause, it's, gonna, HAPPEN! Boom!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 10:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
No time for grammar and punctuation when you're busy navigating the high road I suppose.

Colin Powell tells it like it is in private emails to Condi Rice and others:

"Benghazi is a stupid witch hunt. Basic fault falls on a courageous ambassador who thoughts Libyans now love me and I am ok in this very vulnerable place.”

Some other fantastic gems from the leak:

“No need to debate it with you now, but Trump is a national disgrace and an international pariah...He is in the process of destroying himself..."

“Yup, the whole birther movement was racist...That’s what the 99% believe. When Trump couldn’t keep that up he said he also wanted to see if the certificate noted that he was a Muslim. The transcript thing was also racist. The President graduated Harvard and was editor of the Law Review. And now decades later Trump wants to see his transcripts to see if he should have been admitted. And for him to say yesterday that within four years he would have 95% of blacks voting for him is schizo fantasy."

“He can never overcome what he tried to do to Obama with his search for the birth certificate hoping to force Obama out of the presidency...You don’t fall for his false sincerity, I hope.”

"I would rather not have to vote for her, although she is a friend I respect...A 70-year-old person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still dicking bimbos at home (according to the NYP)."

“Everything H.R.C. touches she kind of screws up with hubris.”

"If Donald were to somehow win, by the end of the first week in office he'd be saying "What the hell did I get myself into?"

"Trump just looks stupid trying to appeal to blacks and Latinos."

Not to mention classified data found in his emails to Condi Rice and his aides... Time for a taxpayer-funded inquiry, I'm sure Mark and Cliff will be writing their senators about this immediately lol
I only caught little pieces today of what Colin said, but like most liberal news sources, you left out the most damning things he said about Hildabeast. I know there were a bunch of things he said about her which were way worse. Face it. The polls show the beast is going down in flames now. All Trump has to do is shut his yapper when these revelations of the beast come up and let public opinion run it's course. Y'all will be saying, "President Trump" come November 9th. I'll even bet thewakeisrealdumb will be pulling the trigger for Trump.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 11:06 PM Reply   
Quote:

Still can't get that bloody, scrunchy thing out? Man... Got pliers???
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2016, 8:47 AM Reply   
The Colin Powell emails are hilarious!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-15-2016, 9:22 AM Reply   
The Powell emails really bum me out for a couple of reasons. First I hate that it's now ok to read others' private correspondence (but I did it anyway and now feel even worse). Second I hate that Trump and his deplorables are dragging the party away from people like Powell.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2016, 9:25 AM Reply   
Here's a question. If Hildabeast was so hot and dehydrated before she collapsed in 77 degree 40% humidity weather as was reported, why was she still wearing a long sleeved jacket and not drinking any water before her body pulled a yard sale on her? I know people who won't even get the boat out of the garage if it's not at least 80 degrees. Hot and dehydrated my a$s. She's got something big wrong with her.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2016, 9:40 AM Reply   
You're right, Mark! She has pneumonia (according to her publicist on the 3rd or 4th time of updating the press).
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2016, 11:19 AM Reply   
She's got a lot more than that...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2016, 1:02 PM Reply   
The Don is 267? That is a lot for someone with a tiny pecker
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
I'd rather not know how you know that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2016, 1:49 PM Reply   
Saw him in the park
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2016, 2:03 PM Reply   
And from his recent medical
Attached Images