Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-02-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
I already bought two Liquid Audio 6.5" single cans with Kicker KS 65s, I'm debating whether to get another double set or another single set, also I need to get an amp and don't know enough about this stuff to choose the right one. My sub has its own amp and I'd like to run 1 for the tower speakers and leave the interior 4 speakers off the deck for simplicity of just 2 amps.

Any suggestions on how many tower speakers and which amp to get?

I'm thinkin I would need to run 2 more amps (3 total) if I had 6 6.5s up on the tower,

I have a dual battery setup with perko switch

I want to keep it on the cheaper side but want to hear them while riding...so the wetsounds 485s are out... I do need an EQ though any used WS420s?

Thanks

(Message edited by chilidog on June 02, 2008)
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-03-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
The Wetsounds eq is awsome from everything ive heard. If its not in your price range this Clarion eq works great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-EQS746-EQS-746-7-BAND-GRAPHIC-EQUALIZER-EQ-NEW_W0QQitemZ360057766640QQihZ023QQcategoryZ79841Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So far as an amp go's? I would get a good 4 channel thats 2 ohm stable, that way if you decide to run 6 tower speakers you can just run 2 of the channels at 2 ohms.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-03-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Kicker KMT6 are good and cheap. I installed a set on my 95 Ski Ray.

Sound good 80ft back and can be had for $180 a pair online.

I also have that Clarion EQ and it really helps. I am just using that and a Drive + Play and its a simple yet very nice system, more adjustments than I want to play with.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-03-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
How much power are you putting to the KMT6's? Is there decent full sound or do you hear more the high end tones?
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-03-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
more mid to highs, since they are only 6.5" drivers, but thats good enough for my tastes and budget.

Im only feeding them over 100 watt RMS, probbaly 110-120 per channel.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-07-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
I have two of the KMT6 on my tower and I love them. I'm running them off of a kicker zx350.4. so I'm runnin 175w rms to each one at 4ohms. you can definitely hear them loud and clear while riding at 80 ft back. they are more of the mid/high range considering they are 6 1/2's and have horns but they sound great, priced awesome...I couldn't be happier with that choice. If I were you since you have that pair already I'd get two sets of kmt6's in the middle and put the ones you have already on the outside. run the kmt6's off of a kicker 350.4 (you can get them cheap off of ebay) and get a kicker 200.4 for your other two since they are 4ohm as well and use two channels for each. you can hear mine from far away so that will only make it louder! then take that extra 1000 that you saved from not buying the wetsounds and put it in the gas tank so you can actually get use out of your purchase rather than crankin em up and doin some driveway boating!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-07-2008, 11:12 PM Reply   
kicker is awesome and fairly cheap.