Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
I have the above on my Supra Launch. I believe it is just the standard 60 or 70 amp GM alternator. Is there a higher amp alternative and can anybody give me a part# or link for where to get a good deal on it. Appreciate your help
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-09-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Google DB electronics or ebay a marine hi po alternator and you should find their info. I have a unit built by them that works great; I heard similar reviews from others.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Leece-Neville/prestolite make a small frame alternator that is 105amp that is a good choice if you don't have a crazy rediculous stereo. In most cases 105amp is plenty. Give a call to 206-682-2981 and ask for George. This is my father's company and they specialize in Heavy-Duty, industrial and marine alternators and starters. The name of the company is Blanchard Auto Electric and they shold have that alternator in stock and can be shipped next day air if an order is placed by 4pm pacific time. Just have the number of the alternator ready and then they can cross it.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-09-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
brett
cool, we sell to Blanchard all the time, between blanchard and us we should be able to come up with something.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
I sent DB an E mail but they responded that they did not have an upgrade unit. I called Blanchard but I am at work and do not have the part# on mine to cross ref so I will get that and try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know if I put on a 105amp unit, do I have to upgrade the wire harness as well? Also, have any of you upgraded from your current stock alternators and were you happy with the result?
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-09-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
Try these guys.
http://www.wranglernw.com/
We use them for the charging system upgrades that we do.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-10-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
OK, so I am not having too much luck here. the label on my current unit says

Delco Remy
12V 70A Grnd Neg
7S1 / 19020608
SAE J1171 & ISO 8846

I am thinking I just need to go from the current 70A unit to somewhere around 100A that way I probably won't need to upgrade my current wire harness and will be able to stay ahead of my stereo battery draw. I gave the info to Blanchard and am waiting a response.

Anybody else?
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-10-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
You can go with the Leece Neville alternator 105amp, 110-602, it is the same size as the one you already have ,but you would not be able to change the 7si alternator you have into a 105 amp.
if you have any questions call us, we have 20 of these in stock,
800-289-2737 ask for Chris in the shop, he can help you through this.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-10-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Thanks Ken, I talked to them on the phone he wants me to check on the load test first which I did not do with my old one and get back to him. I will go from there.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-10-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Ken, I talked to them on the phone he wants me to check on the load test first which I did not do with my old one and get back to him. I will go from there.