Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-04-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   
Pretty sure we are done with cable.
My oldest son has been riding boat since he was 5 and started cable at 8 years old. He is no Parks but the kid has a decent bag of trick at 16 years old and can ride with any crew. He slaloms and barefoots as well/. So that's Cam.
Ian, now 14 has also been riding forever but never had the stoke of Cam and is limited to W2W a 180 and skate but has good fundamentals and enjoys riding (if I drag him out on the boat). He does not enjoy cable and only rides cable once a year at the Free For All when we all go.
Kaitlin is 12, been riding since probably 4 but prefers to wake skate and wont really do anything else. Cable skills are limited to making a successful lap.

This years injury report:
July 2017, Grassy Key Cable- Cam eats it on the slider two days into vacation and breaks his femur. $10,000 later, two vacation trips ruined and this years Colorado ski trip cancelled. Missed junior year football, wrestling and Lacross seasons.

May 2017 Ian misses on a 180 and takes an ugly back digger. 4 day headache, enters the Protocol and misses all of spring ball. Wont go near a board.

June 2017 Kaitlin misses a pop on her skate, strains her groin and is sporting a very unlady like scar up her left shin.
Hasn't rode since.

The wife no longer rides at all sighting lady problems.
I take a foot session now and again and have a low-risk set routine I do on the board but am terrified of smoking a knee.

Been a tough summer. Im not ready to sell the boat but it may soon be time to do just that.
My whole crew went down in one season.

Last edited by baitkiller; 12-04-2017 at 2:25 PM.