Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Loanguy7171973)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-28-2015, 4:47 PM Reply   
Getting ready to purchase my first Vdrive and I am struggling between two boats. A used fully loaded / very well modded 2014 X10 including G2 surf system and a ZFT4 tower vs. a brand new NXT22 with G2 surf system. Our family has never wake surfed - we primarily wakeboard and tube currently. We are looking forward to giving wake surfing a try. Cost is pretty much identical on these two boats. I will be keeping the boat on a lift with a cover so ease of folding the tower down will be important. Any thoughts/suggestions? HELP!
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       10-28-2015, 5:35 PM Reply   
I would go x10 any day over the nxt. have you checked out a super air nautique 210 or 230? Nautiques have the best wake in the game!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2015, 6:07 PM Reply   
I'd get the X10 for the fit and finish over the NXT22 if the price is the same. I owned a 2014 X10 last year with Gen2 so PM me if you have any questions. It's a great boat.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-29-2015, 1:48 AM Reply   
Buy a 210.
:P
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       10-29-2015, 7:42 AM Reply   
HAha. Is this a serious question? X10 all the way. Also, are you considering any other manufacturers? If not I think you're probably doing yourself a disservice being that this sounds like it will be your first wakeboat. I fully recommend checking out everything available before dropping this kind of coin.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-29-2015, 7:58 AM Reply   
Id agree with Matt to look into other brands as well. As much as some will hate this post for a surf boat MC wouldn't even be on my list for the top 5.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-29-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
Typical wake world. Asks about MC.... Gets responses asking if he looked at other brands. I'd go for the x10 myself as well.

Have you checked out MB?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-29-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
Bryan, Do not listen to anyone unless they tell you to go demo both and then decide for yourself.

With that being said, go demo both boats and decide for yourself.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-29-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aricsx15 View Post
Typical wake world. Asks about MC.... Gets responses asking if he looked at other brands. I'd go for the x10 myself as well.

Have you checked out MB?

Typical wakeworld. Bashes on guys telling OP to look at other brands and then tells OP to look at another brand.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-29-2015, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfernandez00 View Post
I would go x10 any day over the nxt. have you checked out a super air nautique 210 or 230? Nautiques have the best wake in the game!
Maybe the G, but the two you mentioned have fallen very far behind compared to what else is out there
Old     (Loanguy7171973)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-29-2015, 3:50 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback. I can demo them both but I am not experienced and don't really know how that would help - thats why I pose the question to the forum in hopes of getting opinions and pros and cons from folks that have ridden both or other boats compared to these. I really don't know what the best boat is for me because I don't really know what we will use it for. I am guessing we will use it for most all the water sports so a good General Vdrive is what I think I am after. Quality is a big factor for me to because I don't want problem thus the newer boats with 5 year warranties.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-29-2015, 5:09 PM Reply   
How big is your crew and what's your max budget?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-29-2015, 5:45 PM Reply   
If this is your first wake boat, the most important thing is buying a boat from the best dealer that is closest to you. Find the dealer that will take the time to explain the features on your boat, will answer your phone calls or respond quickly, has a good pro shop to buy equipment for you and your kids (see if there is a boat buyer's discount), and is a place that you'd want to go just hang out. I go over to my dealer all of the time just to hang out with the guys there because it feels like family. Once you figure that out, all of the major manufacturers have boats that will fit your needs. Every market is different as to who the good dealers are. PM me if you want any advice on dealers.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-29-2015, 5:52 PM Reply   
Just checked your profile and see that you're very close to The Liquid Edge MasterCraft dealer. If you like those guys, they have a great reputation and you'll have an enjoyable experience buying a boat from them. It looks like they are closer to you than the closest Nautique and Malibu dealers. You're not going to go wrong with a MasterCraft from a good dealer that is close by as your first wakeboard boat!
Old     (Loanguy7171973)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-29-2015, 7:26 PM Reply   
The boat will usually have 4 adults and 6-10 kids of various ages.
Old     (Loanguy7171973)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-29-2015, 7:32 PM Reply   
Max budget is < $80M. Was hoping to be around $70-75M
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-29-2015, 9:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
Typical wakeworld. Bashes on guys telling OP to look at other brands and then tells OP to look at another brand.
That joke must have been a little much for you to get
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-29-2015, 9:50 PM Reply   
The X-10 is an excellent all around boat. It can ski, surf and wakeboard with the best of them. Not many have ridden the new 22NXT, in fact I've never seen one yet so finding a comparison might be a bit tough.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-30-2015, 4:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aricsx15 View Post
That joke must have been a little much for you to get

Nah I got it bro. Your just part of the problem like everyone else, recommending an over priced sub par surf boat for a guy who wants to get into his first boat.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-30-2015, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nah I got it bro. Your just part of the problem like everyone else, recommending an over priced sub par surf boat for a guy who wants to get into his first boat.

Pretty sure it was sarcasm as Aric is definitely not a Mb fan. I guess there was a time on Wakeworld where a bunch of Mb guys were plugging them on almost every thread.

Anyway yeah liquid edge seems like a great shop! I've talked with them on more than one occasion on a couple different boats. Always willing to talk and find out info for me. I've never been in a nxt 22 on the water but have heard it does surprisingly well in boat wakeboard and surf. Obviously it's got a cheaper feel to it than a normal X series boat and for a reason. Will a x10 hold 14? Might make sure it has the capacity.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-30-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loanguy7171973 View Post
What does that equal in US dollars?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-30-2015, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loanguy7171973 View Post
ok, so buy one of everything!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-30-2015, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nah, you definitely did not get it.
Old     (Loanguy7171973)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-30-2015, 3:25 PM Reply   
They both hold 14.