Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-14-2014, 1:00 AM Reply   
Anyone noticed it looks just like NSS system on nautique. Wander how they pulled that off

Seen here http://pavati.com/al-24/

http://vimeo.com/m/98156486
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-14-2014, 4:56 PM Reply   
Eh. Id read the patents before questioning how they pulled it off. I never heard (or know if its been decided) what the verdict was on the Bu vs. Nautique suit over NSS.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-15-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
Really questioning their advertising on their page. The first picture that loaded I saw was one with a waverunner launching itself with enough height to clear a wakeboats tower over their wake.
The next I saw was a guy and his kid riding in the rear facing seats on the transom/swim platform while the boat is under way.
Not really sure why they are promoting either of those things, being both stupid and dangerous.

Here is the direct image of their surf system plate though
http://pavati.com/wake/wp-content/up...rip-tide-2.jpg

And yes, it is really similar to the NSS, even in the amount of excursion, which is 3" to the side and 3/4-1" to the bottom.
I think the main thing is that NSS actually is a full system that also integrates the wakeplate and ballast to it, so you adjust how you want the wake and it adjusts everything to certain presets.
I think Pavatis is just the plates. I would still like to hear how the results of that lawsuit though.

Also, here are the pics I saw, which made me go
http://pavati.com/wp-content/uploads...o-1440x550.jpg

http://pavati.com/wp-content/uploads...9-1200x458.jpg

Last edited by phathom; 06-15-2014 at 9:42 AM.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       06-15-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
This pic shows just how much of a blind spot there really is for the driver. I've mentioned it on numerous threads before about how terrible of a design that tower is, but this one really hits it home.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-15-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
Ya, that's the second thing I noticed. I would think of the board racks were up more it wouldn't be nearly as bad, but with their current positioning and alignment, you can't see even see the driver.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-16-2014, 11:12 PM Reply   
I emailed a dealer that was closest to me...123k! No way I coukd sink that much cash into a boat with such a new company
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-17-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
in many of the video segments there is a TON of propwash all over the wave. Not something worthy of showing off IMHO.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-17-2014, 8:36 AM Reply   
That SeaDoo Spark only weighs 300 lbs. I have ridden one, and they are fast and very very agile, not like a regular sitdown. Not that the picture is real, but Im just saying. I dont see who would buy these, G23 or Pavati, Hmm now that a tough one, isnt it guys? This company must have some really deep pockets. Prediction!?! they wont be around much longer. And I am pretty optimistic, not really.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-17-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
I talked to the Pavati guys at the PDX boat show. Asked them the exact question about their surf system. I didn't really get a clear answer but they rationalized it somehow. I think they're going with the 'better to ask forgiveness than permission' type idea.

It's a cool looking boat in person. They put a lot of thought into it, no question. Eventually I hope to get behind one.
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-17-2014, 10:52 AM Reply   
Cool videos!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-17-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Nautique doesn't hold any patents on the NSS system. So Nautique doesn't have any recourse to file a lawsuit against Pavati.

HOWEVER, Malibu's patent for Surfgate does cover this design. Malibu is currently suing Nautique over NSS, and as such, this would open up Pavati to be also be sued by Malibu for the same.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
There are some things I really like about the boat (in floor trash cans!) and some things I could never accept, the tower being one of them.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       06-18-2014, 10:24 AM Reply   
surfed the original and, although it was not great, had a lot of potential. owner took a lot of notes and if they made it into the next production boat, it should have a pretty decent wake with some work. I heard from a few that saw the wakeboard wake on Friday night that it was legit.
I was told by several of the pac nw guys that pavati builds some of the best aluminum fishing boats around and have been in business for a long time. the wakeboat idea is the owners sons vision for a new way to take the company. the weld work and quality of components on the original boat at the polar bear was top notch.
hope they are able to get a few out there and refine the design to become a success. there are a lot of positives to an aluminum boat and, although out of the norm of wakeboats currently, gotta give him credit for trying something new.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-18-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
I think they will work out, Pavati builds high quality products, and is an off-shoot of a larger aluminum products manufacturer. They have the funds to continue development and I think they will only get better with every build just as we have seen so far. I rode the original boat and it was workable and it had some cool features. I saw the newer generation at the PDX show and it was a huge improvement on space utilization and add-ons, I imagine this level of development will continue. As for the price, the people debating Pavati vs. G-23 probably don't have the money to consider either so it seems like a moot point.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-18-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
I guarantee I have the funds to afford either a pavati or g23. And neither would be my first choice. Pavati is a cool boat but too new to the wake boarding world for me to spend that kind of money on. And no g23 for me because the local dealer is a douchebag and I refuse to deal with him.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-18-2014, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
I guarantee I have the funds to afford either a pavati or g23. And neither would be my first choice. Pavati is a cool boat but too new to the wake boarding world for me to spend that kind of money on. And no g23 for me because the local dealer is a douchebag and I refuse to deal with him.
lol, That a boy Bill! Just because its the most expensive doesn't mean its the best...

Ill take my crappy MB anyday lol
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-18-2014, 6:24 PM Reply   
I havent personally ridden in the g23 but I love the look of them and ive seen some nice wakes behind them...but a dumb dealer kills any chance of buying one