Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-06-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 Super Air with few seat cushions with seams splitting and cracks. The backs are ok and most of the cushions are just fine. How do you replace just a few and still match the rest of the vinyl? Order from the factory? Go local? Not worry about it?

I guess I could always just buy a new boat...
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-06-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
I was in the same situation. I just bit the bullet and had them all redone.

Jman
Old     (martinique)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
If you want to replace just a few try this place. I have never bought anything from them but have heard they match the originals.

http://www.nautiqueskins.com/

Found them on correctcraftfan.com
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-06-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
Jman- how much did it cost? Did you go factory? Were you pleased?
Old     (formulad97)      Join Date: May 2007       06-06-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
look at this thread at planet nautique the guy went through nautiqueskins

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11440
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-06-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Bruce,
It was pretty close to $1k. My interior is 17 individual pieces. I am very very picky. Most people would have thought it looked great, but I saw things that others wouldn't notice. Overall, I'm glad I did it and it definitely increased the value of my boat more than the cost to do it.

Hope this helps,

Jman
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-06-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
i had to replace the back seat just the seat not the back and if you get a good person to do it they can match pretty well. And if you see the colors of my boat and the match job i was amazed. If the rest is in no need of repair find a good guy and just do what needs to be done.
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-06-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
try matching these colors
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2273
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-06-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Actually i've had the same issues with some of my seat and I just order the individual skins from through a Dealer. With you VIN number the will send the exact match.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-07-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
I replaced my skins a couple years ago, and had them all done. If spot replacements are going to cost more than half of doing the whole job, I think it's worth it.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
I just had my drivers seat bottom and my back hatch cover redone. The shop had several books with different samples of color and texture. They were able to match my 99 Tige fabric almost exactly and it now looks almost new again. The hatch cover was done in a 3 color combination. The cost was actually cheaper than if I had ordered skins and had them installed.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Having done a few interiors in the past.. both boats, cars, and rvs... you are only looking at the surface and the appearance of the upholstery.

First point... it is not difficult to match your materials... as most of the bigger companies use readily available fabrics from well known manufacturers.

But you want to identify why you are getting the ripping or cracking... is the foam density breaking down... is there enough ventilation in the seat base to allow the foam to compress without putting stress on the seams... and some other things to consider...

So... I would probably lean towards doing all of the seats when you are looking at a 8+ year old boat...

If it was a fin rip.. in a 5 year or younger boat... then I would just replace that panel...

Just my opinion.
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-07-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
not to hijack but i got a 93 malibu closed bow whats a fair price to have everything redone, no wood or foam work just vinyl? also can anyone recommend someone in atlanta/woodstock ga area ?