Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-30-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
Looking for input for a good beginner to ?, skim/surf hybrid style "boat board" to have for those newer riders to learn on and not have to worry so much bout damage to it ect... that can be had for under 400 if possible. Durable yet still a good ride without having to work so hard to stay in the wave. (we have some high end boards, IS Swallow, Soulcraft DaHonu, XXX skim, but cringe when folks are so easy on em" ) Input and source much appreciated. Looking to buy soon.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-30-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
Inland surfer Tako is perfect for your needs and is much fun for advanced riders too.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2015, 10:41 AM Reply   
Brian, I generally wouldn't recommend a wakeboard brand, but take a the look at the CWB Bentley. This is a skim/surf hybrid at a great price for a boat board. I've played with it. CWB didn't just pop this board out they went through a design process with a number of prototypes and this one came out on top. This is one of the few decent price point boards I have seen. Sure, it borrows aspects from leading edge wakesurf manufactures like my companies, but my market isn't price point.

Conversely, I can get you into a demo Chaos Carbon Sixer for the price you are looking for.

Nick
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2015, 11:26 AM Reply   
For a beginner board, you can't beat the $199 Victoria Debut. It's one of the easiest boards to ride even if you have no board sport experience. It just locks into the wave and gets you going ropeless fast. It will also probably outlast your boat.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-31-2015, 11:06 AM Reply   
Phase 5 Model X! Two different sizes based on your crew to chose from! This is what Alatoona Adventures uses to teach & they do TONS of lessons!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       02-01-2015, 4:53 PM Reply   
I will sell you my Ronix One Skimmer for $250.

:-D
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-02-2015, 3:32 PM Reply   
So Trayson.....How much better is your flying saucer over the Ronix?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       02-03-2015, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
So Trayson.....How much better is your flying saucer over the Ronix?
Well, the Flying Saucer isn't "mine" (it's Surf Addict's). I get to use it often and it's been sitting in my garage all winter, but still not "mine".

The Ronix one is okay. but it's the 4'10 and I'd rather have something shorter for me. I have ridden the Ronix One Carbon Skimmer 4'4 and I liked that enough that if my Ronix was that one I'd probably just keep it.

But yeah, the Flying Saucer is one of my fav skim boards to date. (not that I've ridden a ton of skims). For the money, it's hard to beat. However, my used Ronix One skimmer is priced attractive, so I hope it sells.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-05-2015, 7:29 AM Reply   
try and find a used phase 5, great boards, uber strong, last for ever and are great performers. nothing against others but i have an OOGLE for the boat that is 8 yrs old and gets bashed all the time. I have a trident for us big guys that has been bullet proof, they make great boards
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-05-2015, 6:21 PM Reply   
I have a used custom Callibrated Piscus in great shape that I never ride anymore. I would sell it for $265.